Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Old Nov 23, 15, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by desikid View Post
Had applied and got approved for platinum select MC in July of this year. Around Sept/Oct got new card which is World Elite.
Is it possible that I get bonus again if I apply for Platinum MC again?

it is not 18+ mo since I opened my card...
Yes
Old Nov 23, 15, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd View Post
What's bowtie's blog?
Million Mile Secrets
Old Nov 23, 15, 9:48 pm

Edited bc I figured out my question.
Old Nov 23, 15, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Originally Posted by boris10475 View Post
Million Mile Secrets
Ohhh...ha ha..thought it was a separate blog than MMS...and looking at his pic, now know why it says Bowtie
Old Nov 24, 15, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
I don't know if that's really accurate. It shows that for non-MC cards (such as Visa), and it showed that for my last MC card from the first time I looked at it, which was two months before it actually got converted to WE, and for over a month after it said that online, my emails from Citi were still saying "World", not "World Elite". I think they may have changed how they do the language online recently, and this may no longer be a reliable indicator.
All of mine have started out as World in the title description before conversion to world elite (platinum select), including my 3rd card received recently. Yes my visa and Amex also said platinum select as well....but my world master-cards pre conversion have the world in title.

Hoping for 3rd conversion for wife and I asap in hopes of getting 4th go around before the fun ends.
I will keep tabs on name change and notices....
Old Nov 24, 15, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by epaairnow View Post
All of mine have started out as World in the title description before conversion to world elite (platinum select), including my 3rd card received recently. Yes my visa and Amex also said platinum select as well....but my world master-cards pre conversion have the world in title.

Hoping for 3rd conversion for wife and I asap in hopes of getting 4th go around before the fun ends.
I will keep tabs on name change and notices....
For Online Banking did it show as "World Elite"? My card just converted over from World to World Elite, but I am a bit hesitant to pull the trigger.

I checked to see about the offer from "Offers for you" and it appears I can get the card again with the bonus..
Old Nov 24, 15, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by michael_v View Post
Is there any way to know which card I had (W or WE) if I closed the card and discarded it? I still have online access to the closed account and its statements, but there is nowhere where it says W or WE.

Lesson learnt not to discard any closed cards: they can be useful for loopholes and award tickets where they want to see your credit card at check-in.
I am going to answer my own question: I have found an old email in my inbox: "We've closed your Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite® MasterCard® account". Looks like I am good to go
Old Nov 24, 15, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by schrute View Post
For Online Banking did it show as "World Elite"? My card just converted over from World to World Elite, but I am a bit hesitant to pull the trigger.

I checked to see about the offer from "Offers for you" and it appears I can get the card again with the bonus..
on myciti.com when I view my credit card accounts the World Elite Mastercards now say Platinum Select, as does my Visa and Amex. The lone (brand new) world mastercard just says World Mastercard in the description.

If your card is now World Elite....and you see some offers....you should be good to go to apply for a new 50k World Mastercard.
Old Nov 24, 15, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Looked through the past few pages. Does downgrading an AA card to Bronze or DoubleCash count as closing it?
Old Nov 24, 15, 2:43 pm

I'm a little skeptical of differentiating between World and World Elite cards based on whether the Citi website includes "World MasterCard" in the title. Granted, it seems to be true for my two current Gold cards, but I could almost swear my Platinum Select card wasn't converted before I closed it in February, and it doesn't say "World MasterCard" on the website.

Maybe I'll have to be a guinea pig and test it on my next app. Hard pulls aren't a big deal for me and I have a dearth of other signup bonus opportunities right now. And I think someone else in the thread was able to reset the clock by applying for one card ineligible for the bonus, waiting until conversion, and applying again for a second card, with the second card ending up eligible for the bonus.
Old Nov 24, 15, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post
I'm a little skeptical of differentiating between World and World Elite cards based on whether the Citi website includes "World MasterCard" in the title. Granted, it seems to be true for my two current Gold cards, but I could almost swear my Platinum Select card wasn't converted before I closed it in February, and it doesn't say "World MasterCard" on the website.

Maybe I'll have to be a guinea pig and test it on my next app. Hard pulls aren't a big deal for me and I have a dearth of other signup bonus opportunities right now. And I think someone else in the thread was able to reset the clock by applying for one card ineligible for the bonus, waiting until conversion, and applying again for a second card, with the second card ending up eligible for the bonus.
Actually, I'm starting to think my Platinum Select card canceled in Feb 2015 had been converted to World Elite. My last two statements were Apr 2014 and Feb 2015. The Apr 2014 statement starts with "Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage World MasterCard" while the Feb 2015 statement starts with "Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Card".

Meanwhile, my only Gold card statement says "Citi / AAdvantage Gold Card", matching the name on the website for my current Gold card that was converted to World Elite. The statement was after the conversion.

So if the "World MasterCard" naming convention is accurate, I may have been converted, and this could be a way for people who no longer have their old cards to check whether it was converted to World Elite. Unfortunately, I didn't save the email confirmation for activation of the World Elite card, if it actually happened. Same for the old card. Who would've known how important they could be! But now I will try for another Platinum Select card once I satisfy the time limits between applications.
Old Nov 24, 15, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer View Post
Was approved for Platinum Select 50k offer on 10/26. Sent SM yesterday requesting match to the 60k offer. Response received today said that 10,000 points will be added to my account after next statement closes and the remaining 50,000 after hitting the minimum spend.
Were you targeted for the 60K offer?

I sent an SM on husband's card approved on 11/03 after reading your post. Hopefully he will get the same positive response.

UPDATE

Got the same match. 10000 miles added to the account, will take 1 to 2 billing cycle to post. Already met minimum spend but 2nd statement not closes yet until first week of Dec. Hopefully both the 50K and 10K will post at the same time.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 25, 15 at 3:03 pm
Old Nov 24, 15, 4:13 pm

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
You haven't explained whether you card has been upgrade to World Elite or not.

If it has, you can apply for another Citi AA Plat MC, and then cancel the current one.

If it hasn't, you can't apply for another Citi AA Plat MC until 18 months from October 2014 if you don't cancel or downgrade, or 18 months from today if you do cancel (and probably if you do downgrade too).

So look at the back of your latest card and tell us if it says "World Elite" or just "World"!
Thanks for the response. I was upgraded from World to World Elite in the spring.
Old Nov 24, 15, 4:13 pm

You can simply SM Citi and ask whether a card has been converted to WE...even on closed cards.
Old Nov 25, 15, 1:13 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of AA award availability has been moved to the AA forum. Please use this forum to discuss cards issued by Citi. Discussion of award availability, valuation etc should be in the program's own forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...advantage-733/

Search this Thread