Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
What written confirmation? My last business card was 3 months ago, and at that point there was no separate letter. What are they sending now?
SM.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
SM.
Of course. Should have figured out that one without asking.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
I've read through the thread pretty thoroughly and am pretty confident in the answer.

Recently applied and was approved for the 50k World Plat card (NOT WE); however, in the event it gets converted to a WE card, then theoretically I can re-apply for the 50k World Plat Card (assuming I dont run afoul of the 65 day rule(s)) because there are reports of it resetting the clock

two part question: (1) is my reading of thread and my theory correct? (2) Any recent reports of newly applied World cards being converted to WE?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by explorer84
I've read through the thread pretty thoroughly and am pretty confident in the answer.

Recently applied and was approved for the 50k World Plat card (NOT WE); however, in the event it gets converted to a WE card, then theoretically I can re-apply for the 50k World Plat Card (assuming I dont run afoul of the 65 day rule(s)) because there are reports of it resetting the clock

two part question: (1) is my reading of thread and my theory correct? (2) Any recent reports of newly applied World cards being converted to WE?
Yes & Yes
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bttc
Anyone know if we can triple-dip with the world/world elite cards (I've seen a lot of reports that it works for two cards, but not 3+)?

I just got the notice they were sending me a new card (i.e. world elite conversion), and I'm now hoping this allows me to just keep churning them out.
Yes
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:11 pm

Hi,

Total newbie here. I opened an AMEX platinum for the 100k offer about 30 days ago. Id like to apply for either the citi aa platinum or citi executive to get the AA miles with a new citi gold account(which I will be opening after my new citi credit card)

I currently hold 2 amex credit card (costco and everyday) and 1 platinum charge card. I am thinking that I may automatically denied for the citi aa platinum due to the above mentioned rules in the wiki. Should I apply for the citi executive in lieu of the citi platinum in this instance?

any help would be much appreciated, thank you
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by silver02accord
Hi,

Total newbie here. I opened an AMEX platinum for the 100k offer about 30 days ago. Id like to apply for either the citi aa platinum or citi executive to get the AA miles with a new citi gold account(which I will be opening after my new citi credit card)

I currently hold 2 amex credit card (costco and everyday) and 1 platinum charge card. I am thinking that I may automatically denied for the citi aa platinum due to the above mentioned rules in the wiki. Should I apply for the citi executive in lieu of the citi platinum in this instance?

If you have the Amex platinum, and not the Citi Platinum (which it sounds like), you can apply for either an executive or a platinum.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by silver02accord
Hi,

Amex cards/ applications have no impact on citi applications,
If you follow the rules in the wiki u should be fine
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Triple Dip

For those have done the Triple Dip, did y'all cancel the first card before doing the triple dip?

I know Citi normally does not care how many cards one has, but when the number starts to get above 6 or 7, with each one's CL is 5K or the multiples of, things become a bit less clear-cut... Some pruning would be needed.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by Happy
For those have done the Triple Dip, did y'all cancel the first card before doing the triple dip?

I know Citi normally does not care how many cards one has, but when the number starts to get above 6 or 7, with each one's CL is 5K or the multiples of, things become a bit less clear-cut... Some pruning would be needed.
I lower the limit then cancel them. Just like the exec cards.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Amex cards/ applications have no impact on citi applications,
If you follow the rules in the wiki u should be fine
Legit, thank you. Any guidance on going for the platinum vs the executive? I saw the wiki suggest to go with lower level cards first. The 75k offer seems better considering I'm funding a citi bank gold account shortly.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:19 pm

No more than 1 Citi business application in 90 days (95 to be safe).
Wiki also says, some had to totally cancel their business CC before applying in order to get approved. Does that mean, you apply for the CC, get bonus within 3 months, close the account and you can apply again after 95 days?

Wouldn't they ask, you had just closed the same account? Is the identical business card churnable after 95 days? or there has to be small change from card to card like Visa, MC or Elite, Platinum, world etc
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MadMadso
Yes & Yes
Originally Posted by explorer84

Thanks MadMadso and explorer84 on this. I also read this thread and have similar questions. Now I am ready to apply and wonder which application 4c, 12 or 13 should I use which may have a better possibility on getting converted to WE afterward, or based on reading seems anyone of them is fine?

How long does it usually take to get automatically converted and is it not a good idea to proactive asked to be converted to shorten the timeframe?

Thanks very much for all tips and help. Good luck on this and have a great evening
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
Wiki also says, some had to totally cancel their business CC before applying in order to get approved. Does that mean, you apply for the CC, get bonus within 3 months, close the account and you can apply again after 95 days?

Wouldn't they ask, you had just closed the same account? Is the identical business card churnable after 95 days? or there has to be small change from card to card like Visa, MC or Elite, Platinum, world etc
They might ask, they might not, if you decide to call after an application you should be prepared to answer any question, some get approved without calling, some don't even bother with calling, this card is YMMV as the wiki says, we are all taking some chances, some work and some don't. figure out what you want and go for it.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Newyorker11

Does the Wiki ever mention those bolded above on business card?

There is only ONE version of Business card which is always YMMV from Day One as the Wiki says. Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

On top of that., since you mentioned earlier in this thread, you dont travel, then the AA card is no use to you because you cannot use it statement credit or gift card. It earns AA miles, NOT Citi points as you mentioned in your earlier post.
You also cannot "sell" the miles if you ever think about this idea. There is a long-running thread in AA forum on how AA catches people doing so (by sting operation no less).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.