Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by beltway
In my experience, a week or less.

Thanks a lot.

From the wiki:
You can call/SM to reduce credit lines
Woops. I read through most of the Wiki, but must have missed that.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by savedbyhim01
How long after lowering CL does it take for that to go back into the "pool" for instant approvals?
In my experience, a week or less.
But in one of my experiences a few months ago, even two weeks wasn't enough.

Remember: Lots of things banks (as well as travel companies) do is done by "periodic sweeps" which happen on a calendar schedule, not a fixed number of days after you do some action. If this is happen on a once-a-month schedule or a twice-a-month schedule, it will be "the blind men and the elephant" if you get a small number of anecdotes about how long something like this took.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But in one of my experiences a few months ago, even two weeks wasn't enough.
Same here for me. It took more than a month. Here's what happened.

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Here's the Brugge Method Data Point. I lowered my credit limit on Exec #4 on 3/11/15 and reapplied today 4/6/15 for #5 but credit obviously hadn't yet been recycled for allocation more than 3.5 weeks later. We know this because they only offered the bare minimum $5000. I will apply for #6 in eight days and then we'll have more data if I get auto approved or if they can open it for more than $5000.
Originally Posted by Brugge
I'm surprised it's taking so long to recycle. Just out of curiosity, what was your total Citi CL just before this last app?
My total with Citi was $43K. I went for the Hilton Reserve on 4/15/15 instead of Exec #6 and was approved, but not auto approved. I got the call in for an immediate decision message, so I called in to find out I was bumping up against my maximum available credit line (these were not the agents exact words but that's what she said). She was only able to offer me the minimum $3K credit line on the new Reserve since I have so many other Citi cards unless I wanted to move some credit around, which I did.

Anyway, I lowered a credit line for an old Exec on 3/11/15, but that credit still hadn't yet been recycled for allocation 5 weeks later.

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Oct 5, 2015 at 8:16 am
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:03 am

Do business cards also show a bonus countdown clock on the account pages?

(I just applied for a business card, and while I wait for the card, I was wondering if the card would earn the bonus. I don't believe there are any reported cases of no bonus for the business card, but they could start doing it one day. So I wanted to know if the bonus was verifiable without an unreliable contact with Citi agents.)
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Do business cards also show a bonus countdown clock on the account pages?
So far as I can tell, no. There's a "View Miles Earned" button, but that simply pops up a new window & loads the AA site.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
But in one of my experiences a few months ago, even two weeks wasn't enough [for reduced CL to go back into the available pool].
Same here for me. It took more than a month.
I just discovered a separate pitfall: on a business card account, Citi lowered the CL only for the primary cardholder but not for the AU. You'd think "please lower the CL on this account" would be clear enough, but apparently not.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:15 am

Clarifying question on the FAQ:
Important exception: If you receive a Platinum World MC which is later converted to a World Elite MC (as indicated on the back of the card), the opening of that card will no longer count for purposes of the 18-month rule. This is true not only for conversions in early 2015, but also for those in more recent months.

Does this rule depend on the timing of completing min spend, bonus posting, or card upgrade?
My card got upgraded from World to World Elite, and my the 50k bonus did not post yet.
Is it safe to apply for World again in this situation? Should I wait for the bonus points to post on my 1st card?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
So far as I can tell, no. There's a "View Miles Earned" button, but that simply pops up a new window & loads the AA site.
Same happens for me. Totally different layout on biz side, it seems.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by eknock007
Data Point:

Applied using link 4c: 8/31/2015
Approved: 9/14/2015 (I never call)
Letter confirming 50K bonus arrived today (yes it has taken 3 weeks from application date)
Pre-approval on Citi website still shows 30k bonus offer (don't know if it means anything).
Card is suppose to arrive by 9/23

Prior AA MC Plat application: 1/29/2015
Converted to World Elite: Early March 2015
Bonus posted: April Statement
Card still open
Update: Finally did get the card (World) on the 26th, activated it and it showed 88 days remaining before my 50K offer expired. I just checked the Citi pre-approval website and I no longer see an AA offer.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:02 am

Data point: applied for SO via the link 4C, got approved via the chat. history: had AA Visa(closed), and AX(still open). never had AA MC.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:17 pm

Why are people applying using the 4c link when it doesn't even mention 50k points on the landing page? The two links after that do mention.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by cowboyguy
Why are people applying using the 4c link when it doesn't even mention 50k points on the landing page? The two links after that do mention.
Either I am living in an alternate universe, or you are.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by cowboyguy
Why are people applying using the 4c link when it doesn't even mention 50k points on the landing page?
Look again; it's there, most definitely.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:07 am

Received my 50k bonus on my 2nd plat
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:44 am

Update

9/9/13 Citi Personal Platinum AA MC (50K bonus posted) - {Still open}
1/15/15 Citi AA Business MC (50K bonus posted) -{Closed Card and Account on 6/30/15}
3/24/15 Citi AA Gold MC (25K bonus posted) -{got converted to MC World Elite somewhere in between Closed card on 6/25/15}
4/20/15 Citi TY Premier MC Elite (50K TY posted) - {Still open}
7/10/15 Declined for Citi AA Bus 8b link - Reason Max number of accounts allowed- Reapply in 18 months
7/21/15 Citi Personal Platinum AA MC - 4c link - {Still open -approved via chat-got activated the MC World Elite on 9/14/15; 50K bonus posted today - 10/7/15}
10/7/15 3rd Citi Personal Platinum AA MC - 4c link - approved via chat-moved credit from existing personal AAs and confirmed 50K miles offer on same chat

FYI-the pre-qualified offer was never available for me

Last edited by Aabey D'mello; Oct 7, 2015 at 11:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.