Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by winsteven13
Applied and approved for my targeted gold AA offer.
Time since last AA card? Which card? How good was the offer?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Scroll back to post 114.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh. That's a good offer.

To the OP: Quoting your original post would be helpful; that's almost 100 posts ago. I'm sure that I read your post when you made it but of course I've forgotten it by now.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Question: both of these links are still good from the WIKI(links under WITHOUT Churning restrictions)?? I don't show the 50k mentioned on the application page?

50K Offers WITHOUT Explicit Churning Restrictions

Landing page for 50K Business and Personal MC after $3000 spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. This page leads to the following application pages:• Citi AA Platinum Personal Mastercard 50,000 miles.
• Citi AA Business Mastercard 50,000 miles.

Landing page for 50K Business MC after $3000 spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. This page leads to this application page.

thanks, im in process of multiple apps again!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi
Question: both of these links are still good from the WIKI(links under WITHOUT Churning restrictions)?? I don't show the 50k mentioned on the application page?
People, please stop asking "are the links in the wiki good?"

As far as we know, the links all were & remain good. This is especially true where there used to be a landing page (against which people could & almost certainly did check the offer/bonus terms), even if that landing page is no longer available. Strikethrough text in the wiki is a clue that a once-extant landing page has been disabled.

We'll know the app links are no longer good once somebody posts info to that effect, at which point some civic-minded FTer will update the wiki. (If you don't trust that to happen, then read over the last few pages of the thread to see if you missed any reports not yet incorporated into the wiki.)
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I applied and was approved for the Hilton Reserve on 11/10/14

I applied and was approved for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum on 11/20/14

I applied and was approved for the targeted Citi AAdvantage Gold on 1/13/15 (40k in 3 months, extra 10k if 5k spend in 12 months)
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:02 am

How do you guys all keep getting targeted offers in the mail? The only thing we get are 30k offers from United that suck. Nothing from Amex, Citi, or anyone else.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: AS 100K
I got two AA Citi gold world mastercard offers in the mail (two different invitation codes), if I apply for both at the same time would I get the bonus on both? Not sure if these are churnable.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
I got two AA Citi gold world mastercard offers in the mail (two different invitation codes), if I apply for both at the same time would I get the bonus on both? Not sure if these are churnable.
Definitely not. Citi's rule of only allowing 1 card and then another card on day 8 trumps everything else, including targeted offers. The days of the 2BM are long gone.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Definitely not. Citi's rule of only allowing 1 card and then another card on day 8 trumps everything else, including targeted offers. The days of the 2BM are long gone.
This is not true. According to the wiki and datapoints in this thread (my own included), targeted offers are able to circumvent the core app rules and existing cardmember rules. I have no experience with applying for two different targeted offers for the same card, but in theory shouldn't it be possible?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by rapishorrid
This is not true. According to the wiki and datapoints in this thread (my own included), targeted offers are able to circumvent the core app rules and existing cardmember rules. I have no experience with applying for two different targeted offers for the same card, but in theory shouldn't it be possible?
targeted offers are able to circumvent the core app rules and existing cardmember rules if the targeted offer was created after Citi knew about your most recent card

If you get a targeted offer Card A in the mail before you apply for Card B, you can't just apply for Card B and then use the targeted offer for Card A the next day.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 01stang
I have a question about applying for another AA personal... i got a target offer email for citi business 50K and i apply last week(approved today)

now i had just realize my last personal is about to have it's 18th month from opening. and i would like to know did i screw my self up by getting the business??

coz i don't know if the business application consider a new application?

please let me know that is much appreciated...
Business AA and personal AA cards have been on totally separate clocks up to now. We have no reason to believe that has changed, but since a lot is changing at Citi, we cannot guarantee that it hasn't.

The only thing that is common between business AA cards and personal AA cards is the overalll Citi 8/65 clock.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by justinh20
If you get a targeted offer Card A in the mail before you apply for Card B, you can't just apply for Card B and then use the targeted offer for Card A the next day.
I was able to do this last week. Had no previous Citi cards and a targeted offer for Gold 50k in hand. Approved for Platinum 50k first and then targeted 50k the day after.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by rapishorrid
I was able to do this last week. Had no previous Citi cards and a targeted offer for Gold 50k in hand. Approved for Platinum 50k first and then targeted 50k the day after.
That's interesting, I've never heard of anything superseding Citi's application timing rules of 1 card per week and 2 cards per 60 days.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
That's interesting, I've never heard of anything superseding Citi's application timing rules of 1 card per week and 2 cards per 60 days.
That and their ability to ignore the 18 month rule make targeted offers from Citi pretty valuable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.