Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Old May 23, 2015, 11:08 am
jk2

Originally Posted by dajoip
Just a quick update on this issue: my wife's $95 AF posted last month on 4/21/15 and the award certificate just arrived this morning (5/23/15) - 32 days later. So given what we know, we should be safe to cancel the card and request a $95 refund of the AF for the next 5 days, and the cert should remain valid?

Brugge, definitely not trying to "stick it to you" or prove you wrong as you clearly know far more about the details of all of this than almost anyone (and definitely me). I'm just making sure I clearly understand everything and hopefully providing a data point for others if this might actually work for some...
Keep in mind that AF on this card is prorated if cancelled, so you might want to wait until you book a room using certificates.
Old May 23, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Just a quick update on this issue: my wife's $95 AF posted last month on 4/21/15 and the award certificate just arrived this morning (5/23/15) - 32 days later. So given what we know, we should be safe to cancel the card and request a $95 refund of the AF for the next 5 days, and the cert should remain valid?
According to the T&C's, it's fine since the cert is attached to your HH account once its issued, not the CC. I did this in February and was also fine. To be safe, I made a speculative booking in the future, canceled the card, and eventually rebooked that cert to a stay I needed in Feb.

Originally Posted by jk2
Keep in mind that AF on this card is prorated if cancelled, so you might want to wait until you book a room using certificates.
Wrong, Citi does not prorate (my experience on 4 different Citi products). They do a full refund within 37 days, which should be common knowledge to anyone that's gotten a few Citi cards. After that, it's 0% but people have gotten a supervisor to override it if you whine enough.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:38 pm

A few months ago after reading this thread I concluded you could get a second Hilton Reserve card while the first is still active and get the two bonus award nights again. The first card has been open more than two years so I neither opened or closed a Hilton Citi Reserve in the past 18 months. It has been a couple of months since the spend was met on the second card and the statement closed but the bonus nights have not appeared. What do you think?
Old May 23, 2015, 8:51 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by frudd38
According to the T&C's, it's fine since the cert is attached to your HH account once its issued, not the CC. I did this in February and was also fine. To be safe, I made a speculative booking in the future, canceled the card, and eventually rebooked that cert to a stay I needed in Feb.

Wrong, Citi does not prorate (my experience on 4 different Citi products). They do a full refund within 37 days, which should be common knowledge to anyone that's gotten a few Citi cards. After that, it's 0% but people have gotten a supervisor to override it if you whine enough.
Wrong. Citi's refund policy is different for each card, AF on their premium cards is not prorated if cancelled after 37 days. I personally had 2 Reserve Visa cards that were cancelled after 8 and 10 months, respectively and each time I was given a credit (~$30 and ~$15, respectively).
Old May 24, 2015, 7:16 am

Despite 800 FICO, I have never been able to successfully get this card. I have no idea why. I think I am on a blacklist somehow.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by frudd38

Wrong. Citi does prorate on this particular card. My SO got a ~$40 check from Citi after canceling her Reserve card.
Old May 26, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Brugge, definitely not trying to "stick it to you" or prove you wrong as you clearly know far more about the details of all of this than almost anyone (and definitely me). I'm just making sure I clearly understand everything and hopefully providing a data point for others if this might actually work for some...
Actually, I'm pretty informed on a lot of things, but only even somewhat close to an expert on a couple of things. Feel free to ask away and get second and third opinions on anything you wish. Won't hurt my feelings at all.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Planning on getting the Reserve mainly for the perpetual gold status: which gives free breakfast at most of the Hiltons.

Very new to Hilton/Citi and just opened an HHonors account. Any tips?

Also, quick question, the 2 free night certs, can it be used at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC any day of the week, or only on weekends? Thanks!!
Old May 28, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Also, quick question, the 2 free night certs, can it be used at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC any day of the week, or only on weekends? Thanks!!
Free night certificates good only on weekends; Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
10X points on room taxes?

This card gives 10 times points at Hilton Family Hotels. Does anyone know if this is on the taxes paid as well or just the room charge before taxes?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
This card gives 10 times points at Hilton Family Hotels. Does anyone know if this is on the taxes paid as well or just the room charge before taxes?
it's on total. Citi doesn't break out what part was room rate, taxes and incidental spend. Only hilton does that
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
it's on total. Citi doesn't break out what part was room rate, taxes and incidental spend. Only hilton does that
That's what I wanted to know. Thank you!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:26 pm

cert arrival

has anyone at all had any luck in expediting arrival of the 2 free night certs that come with the card. i made the spend but my statement doesnt close till 6-15 (11 days from now) and then they say 6-8 weeks from then. i wanted to use them on a stay 7-10 to 7-12 but it seems unlikely. has anyone had any luck expediting somehow? i tried calling and twitter with no luck so far...

thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by rgm18
has anyone at all had any luck in expediting arrival of the 2 free night certs that come with the card. i made the spend but my statement doesnt close till 6-15 (11 days from now) and then they say 6-8 weeks from then. i wanted to use them on a stay 7-10 to 7-12 but it seems unlikely. has anyone had any luck expediting somehow? i tried calling and twitter with no luck so far...

thanks!
My wife just got hers 2 days after her statement closed.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:05 am

my father is in the same boat as me. his statement closed about 3 weeks ago and still hasnt gotten the certs.

Originally Posted by Superorb
My wife just got hers 2 days after her statement closed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.