Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Are you sure? My reading of the T/Cs is it starts immediately after the first AF posts. Really need to be certain, since I spent $1K when I got the card, and that posted before the AF posted. I don't really want to spend another $1K unnecessarily, but I also don't want to miss out on the certificate after having already spent $10K on the card.
Got it from CS on the phone today when I asked for my annual spend to be toted up. The 12 months starts the first day of the billing period in which your annual fee is billed. Not the due date of the payment or the date your payment is posted.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Got it from CS on the phone today when I asked for my annual spend to be toted up. The 12 months starts the first day of the billing period in which your annual fee is billed. Not the due date of the payment or the date your payment is posted.
This has not been my experience....
The amount credited towards the $10k spend, in my case, does NOT include the charges on the statement in which the Annual Fee is billed.

The 12 months did not start the first day of the billing period in which my annual fee is billed. It started with the first day of billing period following the annual fee.

Not sure what they do in a case like Brugge's, where you have the first month situation; maybe the first year includes 13 months?

Again, you can see all this online at My Points Summary.

Sometimes CSR's give out inaccurate information.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by BOSOGG
Again, you can see all this online at My Points Summary.
IIRC, Brugge doesn't do online accounting.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
IIRC, Brugge doesn't do online accounting.
What do you mean "online" accounting?

I use an abacus, just like most of us on this thread.

Anyway, now that I know that "my points summary" shows the spending clock, I found this:

"You Have Until 12/2015 to Qualify
$100.05 To Go"

So the $1K of MS I did before the AF posted does in fact count.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
Originally Posted by BOSOGG
Open your Reserve account online.
Click: My Points Summary (next to Total Available Hilton HHonors Points)
At what point does it show this info? On the main Citi page after logging in, or after clicking on the card account? And then, what part of the screen?

I am not seeing the info, even after scouring the various pages.
Perhaps it is because I am an authorized cardholder, with my own unique Citi login -- my wife is primary. However, I'm the one who tracks our points and benefits.

Thanks for the help!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by UAmainbird
At what point does it show this info? On the main Citi page after logging in, or after clicking on the card account? And then, what part of the screen?

Perhaps it is because I am an authorized cardholder, with my own unique Citi login -- my wife is primary. However, I'm the one who tracks our points and benefits.

Thanks for the help!
Try logging in to her account. I expect you'll find what you're looking for.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by UAmainbird

Thanks for the help!
I'm not surprised that as an AU it's not there. Log into her account, or have her log you into her account. Then go to the specific card page, not the page with all of her cards. On the lower right (without scrolling down) you will see "My Points Summary" in light blue. Click on that and scroll down to the spending clock.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:17 pm

I agree that confusing information is put out by customer service reps. Previously I had been told a different qualifying period coinciding with the issue date of the certificate. I have missed the $10,000 spend by a couple hundred dollars because of it so I called to cancel the card, not wanting to pay the annual fee again if not getting the free night. To my surprise, the customer service reps, without me asking, are trying to find a way to get me that free night. This is contrary to experiences others have posted. I'll let you know what happens.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
Originally Posted by Brugge
I'm not surprised that as an AU it's not there. Log into her account, or have her log you into her account.
Yep, it was available via her login. We actually have an HHonors mutual fund account from years ago, so I am listed on it as well, but I don't expect them to keep programming for that rarity in a case like this.
Thanks guys.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette
I agree that confusing information is put out by customer service reps. Previously I had been told a different qualifying period coinciding with the issue date of the certificate. I have missed the $10,000 spend by a couple hundred dollars because of it so I called to cancel the card, not wanting to pay the annual fee again if not getting the free night. To my surprise, the customer service reps, without me asking, are trying to find a way to get me that free night. This is contrary to experiences others have posted. I'll let you know what happens.
I truly wish you the best of luck. ^

But based on prior data points posted here, they will genuinely try their best, and sound very hopeful, and it will all lead nowhere. Even OPs who have done the entire $10K spend, and just had the final charges posting delayed, so that they posted just past the statement date (done by Citi on purpose?) have ultimately gotten nothing, despite Citi Supervisors promising them that they would be taken care of.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Packaging for new card

DH's new Reserve card was approved 8/27. Just arrived today. A phone call to Citi last week revealed they had problems with making new cards so we expected a delay. But even more disturbing than the time it took to arrive was the way it arrived.

Apparently they were so rushed getting the package out they forgot to seal it! The outer packaging/folder/envelope had a glue strip that was not pressed closed so it flapped open. Inside the card was in an unsealed envelope tucked into a sleeve.

At first I was glad that the card was in there and then I realized that a smart thief could have gotten all the info from the card and returned it to the unsealed envelope. Since all info but the 3 digit CVV code is on the front, we can't tell if someone touched it. All they have to do is wait until I activate it and then they can have fun.

I've asked Citi for a new card - and an extension on the 90 days to make the minimum spend. Wonder how long it'll take for a replacement...
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:23 pm

How long does the gold status usually take to post? Was approved today and have a trip in 2 weeks.

Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Scotttheking
How long does the gold status usually take to post? Was approved today and have a trip in 2 weeks.

Thanks!
My account turned Gold in about 2 days. The card took 6-7 days to arrive.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:55 am

Do you have to book the room having Gold, or can you book the room and then get Gold before your stay and still get Gold benefits?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Do you have to book the room having Gold, or can you book the room and then get Gold before your stay and still get Gold benefits?
Benefits received will be based on your status at time of check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.