Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: spg gold
This is what Mommypoints says
"So, I reached out to my contacts for this card yesterday and got the following answers:

The free night certificates can still be used at all of the same hotels that were outlined prior to this HHonors announcement.
The new category levels of 8-10 will not affect the usage of the two free weekend nights. The wording on the certificates will be updated to include that hotels within Categories 1 – 10 are valid for these certificates.
Hotels where the free night certificates can be used will not change as a result of the program updates announced on February 19, 2013. The free night certificates can still be used at all of the same hotels that were outlined prior to this HHonors announcement.
This is great news! This means that if you want to use your free nights at a property that is now up to 95,000 points per night, you are getting a ton of value from this sign-up bonus compared to the other Hilton sign-up bonuses that are available."
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: A few
Actually the value of this card did NOT go up at all as a result of this. The card used to give two weekend nights at any property, and it today it gives two weekend nights at any property, and next year it will give two nights at any property.

The relative value of this card vs other HH cards has increased, but this card is the same as it was
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Actually the value of this card did NOT go up at all as a result of this. The card used to give two weekend nights at any property, and it today it gives two weekend nights at any property, and next year it will give two nights at any property.

The relative value of this card vs other HH cards has increased, but this card is the same as it was
Further, I would argue that the value of SPEND on this card has now decreased. We are still getting the same 3/5/10 point structure, but some top tier properties that were 50,000 points/night are now anywhere from 70,000-95,000 points/night.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Further, I would argue that the value of SPEND on this card has now decreased. We are still getting the same 3/5/10 point structure, but some top tier properties that were 50,000 points/night are now anywhere from 70,000-95,000 points/night.
yes very good point, 100% agree
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
After hitting the min where does one find/get the voucher ?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by poser
After hitting the min where does one find/get the voucher ?
Please see posts 103, 104, and 105. Search is your friend.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:56 am

Jkoenig51's posting above is wonderful news. When I called HDishonors earlier today, the agent was non-commital. She kept repeating that when March 28 drew closer, there would be "notifications sent out" to everyone regarding the category issue with the free-night certificates. (She also said that whether or not validity was to be extended to Categories 8, 9, and 10 was a decision to be made solely by HDishonors; Citi had no say.) But somehow she gave me the impression that she was mainly trying to dodge my question. So it would be terrific if someone could confirm JKoenig51's report above, by citing a different source or taking a different route. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:26 pm

Have anyone had any recent luck with getting 2 of these cards per person using the 2 browser trick?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by infernorice
Have anyone had any recent luck with getting 2 of these cards per person using the 2 browser trick?
Rapid Travel Chai tried with limited success in frustration. He wrote it up on his blog.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Rapid Travel Chai tried with limited success in frustration. He wrote it up on his blog.
Indeed. My guess is it may well be churnable though.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Indeed. My guess is it may well be churnable though.
True, but it takes a long time to churn the AAdvantage Citi Cards.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Planning trip to Conrad Maldives w/ AXON & Certs

I'm assuming this belongs in this forum, but if the Moderators feel it should be moved to the specific Conrad Maldives thread or elsewhere, please feel free to move it as necessary):

I've got 145k+ Hilton points that I was hoping to use on an AXON reward at the Conrad Maldives. I'd been planning on having either me or my wife apply for the Hilton HHonors Reserve card to get the two additional free weekend nights, but we haven't done that yet. Now that the devaluation has been announced and will be in effect by the end of March, I'm assuming it's probably too late to accomplish all of the following before 3/28 in order to book a 6-night stay: (1) apply for the card, (2) finish the minimum spend, and (3) receive the vouchers (it sounds like this alone takes several weeks)...?

If this is simply not possible and I don't have time to get that all done by the deadline, my next question is: Can I book a 4-night AXON stay with my points NOW, and then get the reserve card and add on the two weekend nights once I finish the spend and get the vouchers (at some point in the future, but almost for sure after 3/28)?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dajoip; Feb 26, 2013 at 11:53 am
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by dajoip
I'm assuming this belongs in this forum, but if the Moderators feel it should be moved to the specific Conrad Maldives thread or elsewhere, please feel free to move it as necessary):

I've got 145k+ Hilton points that I was hoping to use on an AXON reward at the Conrad Maldives. I'd been planning on having either me or my wife apply for the Hilton HHonors Reserve card to get the two additional free weekend nights, but we haven't done that yet. Now that the devaluation has been announced and will be in effect by the end of March, I'm assuming it's probably too late to accomplish all of the following before 3/28 in order to book a 6-night stay: (1) apply for the card, (2) finish the minimum spend, and (3) receive the vouchers (it sounds like this alone takes several weeks)...?

If this is simply not possible and I don't have time to get that all done by the deadline, my next question is: Can I book a 4-night AXON stay with my points NOW, and then get the reserve card and add on the two weekend nights once I finish the spend and get the vouchers (at some point in the future, but almost for sure after 3/28)?

Thanks in advance!
This is a sound plan. The 3/28 only impacts AXON. It does not impact the nights booking using the Citi certificate.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by dajoip
[. . .] my next question is: Can I book a 4-night AXON stay with my points NOW, and then get the reserve card and add on the two weekend nights once I finish the spend and get the vouchers (at some point in the future, but almost for sure after 3/28)?

Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by geclub1
This is a sound plan. The 3/28 only impacts AXON. It does not impact the nights booking using the Citi certificate.
I agree. Given the report from mommypoints that the certs will be good at category 10 hotels, you could book a stay at the lower rates before 3/28 and then hope for availability on the weekend (F/S/Su) once you get your certs. Would probably behoove you to be flexible and book the points stay M-Th, so that you have 2 weekends to look for availability with the certs.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by geclub1
Originally Posted by dedkends
I agree. Given the report from mommypoints that the certs will be good at category 10 hotels, you could book a stay at the lower rates before 3/28 and then hope for availability on the weekend (F/S/Su) once you get your certs. Would probably behoove you to be flexible and book the points stay M-Th, so that you have 2 weekends to look for availability with the certs.
So Fri/Sat/Sun are all classified as "weekend nights"? If this is true, both my wife and I could get this card and then sandwich a 4-night M-Th AXON stay with 2 weekend nights each, effectively turning this into an 8-night stay...?

Obviously, with the cost of travel to the Maldives, this trip wouldn't be justified for only a 4-night stay, so we're only going to be doing this if we can get at least 6 nights out of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.