Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: aa
I just got this card i hope its going to be worth it.If they remove the 6x from drug stores i will get rid of the card.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by jada135
I just got this card i hope its going to be worth it.If they remove the 6x from drug stores i will get rid of the card.
I think you're confused. The "Reserve" card does not come with x6 points for drugstore: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-u...rds/index.html

AmEx no fee used to come with x6 points.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:45 am

Would the free nights work at an embassy suites that offers standard rooms even though they are suites?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by chookshook
Would the free nights work at an embassy suites that offers standard rooms even though they are suites?
Yes. As long as the room is showing "standard" on the HHonors web-site when searching.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by chookshook

yes, as long as they have availability for your destination and travel dates.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by milaohu
Better than Amex Surpass.
Gold status as long as you keep the card vs Amex only 1st year gold.
Same $40k spending as Amex to achieve diamond status, but this card comes with a annual free weekend night with marginally high annual fee: $95 vs $75 for Amex.
Downside is that you won't get AXON reward as Amex.
Agree. However, there is a "no annual fee" Hilton Amex that's qualifies you for AXON rewards. Mine collects dust in a drawer just for that reason. You can have both!

I'm going to apply for the Citi Hilton card. I view it as buying Gold status for $95 per year. Worth it if you have some overseas Hilton stays, and can't qualify for Gold the normal way.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
When you book the conference rate, does Gold derived from this card happen to get you something a little better than, say, the traditional conference rate room next to the elevator with a view of a brick wall?
From several USA and several overseas Hilton stays as a Gold in 2013, the main difference is the breakfast/executive lounge access.

In the USA, I get a crappy continental breakfast.

Overseas, I get an excellent breakfast buffet and/or full execute lounge access.

I think the hotel location matters more than the booking rate.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:25 am

Wow I'm dumb. I applied for a citi card forgetting about the 65 days. Naturally denied. Now I have to wait another 65? Ahh dang
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by CrazyFoool
Wow I'm dumb. I applied for a citi card forgetting about the 65 days. Naturally denied. Now I have to wait another 65? Ahh dang
That's why it's a good idea to keep track of all the cards you applied in a spreadsheet.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by awkmaster
That's why it's a good idea to keep track of all the cards you applied in a spreadsheet.
Yeah i do but I don't know why I brainfarted. I saw that I needed more AA miles and applied without thinking. oops.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by CrazyFoool
Yeah i do but I don't know why I brainfarted. I saw that I needed more AA miles and applied without thinking. oops.
I've been asleep at the wheel myself lately with my rewards churning. Missed adding a couple of cards to my online accounts and Mint/Yodlee, and got dinged when I missed the payment due dates. Thank goodness they aren't reporting me as a "Late Pay" as far as I can see on my credit report. I guess I need to use some more of the rewards on a nice vacation and get re-invigorated about my miles addiction.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold
Originally Posted by haslipe
Missed adding a couple of cards to my online accounts and Mint/Yodlee, and got dinged when I missed the payment due dates. Thank goodness they aren't reporting me as a "Late Pay" as far as I can see on my credit report.
Generally you won't get a Late Pay on your credit report unless you're 2 cycles late.

When I get a new card, I generally set up Autopay for the full balance at the same time I register my card online. The annoying banks are the one that won't let you specify Full Statement balance as a default.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:35 am

Can't add to existing citi cc account

Has anyone figured out if this can be added to an existing citi credit card account? I saw several having issues and I have a citi cc account already with ThankYou and AA cards but it's telling me the following:

"The account number you've entered can't be linked to this Account Online User ID at this time. Please register this account using a separate User ID. To do this, you'll need to sign off, return to the home page and select Register."

What I'm wondering is if the "at this time" means it can at another time or if you can merge it with your existing account later? Quite annoying as I like to view everything in one place for my Amex, Chase, Citi, etc.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by beltline
Has anyone figured out if this can be added to an existing citi credit card account? I saw several having issues and I have a citi cc account already with ThankYou and AA cards but it's telling me the following:

"The account number you've entered can't be linked to this Account Online User ID at this time. Please register this account using a separate User ID. To do this, you'll need to sign off, return to the home page and select Register."

What I'm wondering is if the "at this time" means it can at another time or if you can merge it with your existing account later? Quite annoying as I like to view everything in one place for my Amex, Chase, Citi, etc.
I don't have this Citi Reserve card, but regular Citi Hilton cards can only be managed through a separate Citi website:

https://www.accountonline.com/View?d...siteId=HHONORS
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by michael_v
I don't have this Citi Reserve card, but regular Citi Hilton cards can only be managed through a separate Citi website:

https://www.accountonline.com/View?d...siteId=HHONORS
a simple email to customer service, they linked the account for me. time waited less than 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.