Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cjw2001
FAQ on the Costco Anywhere Visa card: Your Costco Credit Card Account is Being Replaced by Citi

Transition date was June 20, 2016.

- 4% back on gas (up to $7k per year) (Gas at supermarket branded gas stations and warehouse gas stations other than Costco does not qualify.)
- 3% back on travel & dining
- 2% back at Costco and Costco.com
- 1% back elsewhere

From the Citi Costco Site:
Will my Costco Anywhere Card have foreign purchase transaction fees?
Yes. A fee of 3% of the amount of the transaction in US Dollars will be applied to purchases made in a currency other than US Dollars.
There are no foreign transaction fees for purchases made at Costco warehouses worldwide when you pay with your new Costco Anywhere Card.
Please note: not all international Costco warehouse locations accept Visa cards.

Announced 3/1/2018: There will be no foreign purchase transaction fees.

Extended warranty benefit removed for purchases after January 21, 2023.
Print Wikipost

Details on new Citi Costco VISA.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Uber and UberEats - What category spending?

I've always used my Amex because it was earning 2x MR on Uber transactions, but that ended. My Costco card is 3% on 'travel and restaurants', does anyone know how Uber & UberEats are coded by Citibank? If it's going to be 'general spending' I would keep using my Amex, but if it's a bonus category I'll swap. I could always try, it won't hurt, but I'm curious.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I used CSR and Altitude Reserve, both visas, and both Uber and Eats coded as taxicabs/limousines.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Has anyone actually gotten a rebate certificate so far in 2018? Online it says you should be getting it "soon" after your February statement closes, and if you are enrolled in paperless statement you should be getting it via email. Feb statement closed a few weeks ago, not sure when to expect it, nothing so far.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by DG206
Has anyone actually gotten a rebate certificate so far in 2018? Online it says you should be getting it "soon" after your February statement closes, and if you are enrolled in paperless statement you should be getting it via email. Feb statement closed a few weeks ago, not sure when to expect it, nothing so far.
My Reward Certificate was included with my mailed February Statement.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I got an online one on my personal card and a mailed one on my business card. I thought I had both cards set for e-statements but am not sure.

Last edited by jackal; Mar 7, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I received mine via e-mail on February 23rd. Have already taken it into a Costco and redeemed it at the customer service counter.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:51 pm
Etp

Originally Posted by tom911
I received mine via e-mail on February 23rd. Have already taken it into a Costco and redeemed it at the customer service counter.
I got my credit card cashback certificate, but not 2% cashback check for the executive membership. Is Costco late on sending 2% cashback checks this year?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:21 pm

I've got both of them. I think the executive membership rebate check came in the mail in late December or early January.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
I've got both of them. I think the executive membership rebate check came in the mail in late December or early January.
My executive reward "check" always comes with the renewal notice -- in the summer.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FYI - I recently received notice that this card now has a new feature - n foreign exchange fees! So now, when paying obscene amounts for gasoline at European gas stations I'll be getting 4% cash back.
4sallypat likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Etp
Is Costco late on sending 2% cashback checks this year?
Sounds like that will be based on when your membership is up for renewal. I think my renewal date is in February.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Etp
I got my credit card cashback certificate, but not 2% cashback check for the executive membership. Is Costco late on sending 2% cashback checks this year?
No - I got mine in January as usual. Even though my membership does not renew until March.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
There was a sign at my local warehouse this past weekend advertising a change to 0% FTF! A Google search found that a few of the credit card blogs picked up on this.

I already love this card for 3% restaurant and 3% travel cash back, plus its $5000/person trip insurance included. I miss Amex in principle, but Citi really bends over backwards for Costco and its members.
Yeah - this is great! I'm going to seriously be using it for hotels overseas this summer!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
Just to be clear, it is possible to redeem the certificate for cash at Costco. Still have to go to Costco, of course.
Yeah - I always redeem for cash.
Amazingly I never need to go to an ATM anymore.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by DG206
Yes - the executive membership rebate I got in the mail in January. Already cashed it.

For the Credit Card cash rewards - a certificate was emailed to me last month on the day the Feb statement closed. They are no longer mailing them if you are signed up to receive electronic statements. I printed it out and took it to Costco and got my cash. They told me that they would have also accepted it on my phone - i.e. read the bar code from the email off of my phone. They check your ID and if for some reason the cash rewards check is lost, you can request a new one online and they will void the old one. Each version has an issue number associated with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.