Details on new Citi Costco VISA.

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 4, 20, 3:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: pseudoswede
Wiki Link
FAQ on the Costco Anywhere Visa card: Your Costco Credit Card Account is Being Replaced by Citi

Transition date was June 20, 2016.

- 4% back on gas (up to $7k per year)
- 3% back on travel & dining
- 2% back at Costco and Costco.com
- 1% back elsewhere

From the Citi Costco Site:
Will my Costco Anywhere Card have foreign purchase transaction fees?
Yes. A fee of 3% of the amount of the transaction in US Dollars will be applied to purchases made in a currency other than US Dollars.
There are no foreign transaction fees for purchases made at Costco warehouses worldwide when you pay with your new Costco Anywhere Card.
Please note: not all international Costco warehouse locations accept Visa cards.

Announced 3/1/2018: There will be no foreign purchase transaction fees.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 14, 16, 11:46 am

The aforementioned transition date of June 20 is official now, per Costco's website.

https://customerservice.costco.com/s...nd-Credit-Card
Old Mar 21, 16, 1:35 pm

I have 2 Amex Costco co-branded cards (before TrueEarnings) and many Citi cards already. I don't think the new Citi reward program is attractive. How can I not get these new cards from them?

Why can they just shove new credit accounts down my throat without my approval?
Old Mar 21, 16, 1:43 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by SilverGGA View Post
Why can they just shove new credit accounts down my throat without my approval?
It's not really a new account. Your existing account will be (or has been) sold to Citi. You should ask American Express if you cancel now will your account still be sold. I am not confident that a frontline rep would know, so I would ask a few times to test if the answer is consistent.
Old Mar 24, 16, 8:14 am

Costco Visa Rewards Info Released

The Citi site is now live and it includes rewards info. There are some pleasant surprises here. Only thing missing is no FTF.

- 1% back elsewhere

Your Costco Credit Card Account is Being Replaced by Citi
Old Mar 24, 16, 10:01 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by MASTERNC View Post
The Citi site is now live and it includes rewards info. There are some pleasant surprises here. Only thing missing is no FTF.

- 1% back elsewhere

Your Costco Credit Card Account is Being Replaced by Citi
I noticed the sample card showing the Costco membership feature (ie, the back of the card) sports a contactless logo. This is nice.
Old Mar 24, 16, 11:57 am

So does the executive membership go away with this card? and when are the rewards distributed?
Old Mar 24, 16, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by voodoogirl View Post
and when are the rewards distributed?
I was curious about that, too.

Originally Posted by Citi Costco Page
Your February 2017 cash back rewards coupon from Citi will include cash back rewards earned on your Costco card from American Express during 2016 that were not previously distributed to you by American Express.
Old Mar 24, 16, 12:21 pm

Do my credit limits carry through from the Amex card? Are there going to be new limits that could be less/greater than my current account?

Couldn't find it in the FAQs.
Old Mar 24, 16, 12:29 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by KINetics View Post
Do my credit limits carry through from the Amex card? Are there going to be new limits that could be less/greater than my current account?

Couldn't find it in the FAQs.
If you click on the link in the very first post above (not sure of the post#), Costco's stated that "cardholders would maintain their current credit line after the conversion"
Old Mar 24, 16, 5:49 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by livencali View Post
If you click on the link in the very first post above (not sure of the post#), Costco's stated that "cardholders would maintain their current credit line after the conversion"
I created a Wikipost and pasted the official Citi link. I am not a Costco shopper so that's about all that I am likely to do. Others will need to enhance the Wikipost.
Old Mar 24, 16, 9:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by voodoogirl View Post
So does the executive membership go away with this card?
The 2% executive membership rebate has always been a separate thing from the credit card rebate. It lives on.

Neil
Old Mar 25, 16, 3:31 am

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
This will be interesting since my Costco credit line is the highest of all of my lines ($25k obtained through diligent use of the increase credit limit button pre-financial crisis). Wonder if it can be reallocated.
Old Mar 25, 16, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by KINetics View Post
IMO - you will get a honeymoon period during the transition from AMEX to Citi, as I don't think Citi will elect to make the transition more difficult.

But once the transition is done, Citi will decrease CLs or adversely change the accounts through SPs for its business purposes.

Personally, my AMEX Costco card is the only AMEX credit card that I have. Its CL is comparable to my total CLs with Citi.

I have serious doubts that Citi will absorb this without asking questions.
Old Mar 25, 16, 5:37 am

Costco Anywhere Visa card seems like it will charge transaction fees Anywhere outside the United States. Is that how they came up with the name?

Seriously though, very attractive card but lacking 'no foreign transaction fees' it sort of offsets the high rebates earned worldwide which they seem to market this card as
Old Mar 25, 16, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by DBCme View Post
Costco Anywhere Visa card seems like it will charge transaction fees Anywhere outside the United States. Is that how they came up with the name?
Personally, I don't think the name bears anything related to the card. How True Earning does the TrueEarning card?

Seriously, since in the era of AMEX, no-FTF benefit is non-existence, I would not even hope Citi will do something like this.

Originally Posted by DBCme View Post
Seriously though, very attractive card but lacking 'no foreign transaction fees' it sort of offsets the high rebates earned worldwide which they seem to market this card as
It is better than what we have discussed (2%@Costco). But still it is not a card that need to have for Costco.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: