Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cjw2001
FAQ on the Costco Anywhere Visa card: Your Costco Credit Card Account is Being Replaced by Citi

Transition date was June 20, 2016.

- 4% back on gas (up to $7k per year) (Gas at supermarket branded gas stations and warehouse gas stations other than Costco does not qualify.)
- 3% back on travel & dining
- 2% back at Costco and Costco.com
- 1% back elsewhere

From the Citi Costco Site:
Will my Costco Anywhere Card have foreign purchase transaction fees?
Yes. A fee of 3% of the amount of the transaction in US Dollars will be applied to purchases made in a currency other than US Dollars.
There are no foreign transaction fees for purchases made at Costco warehouses worldwide when you pay with your new Costco Anywhere Card.
Please note: not all international Costco warehouse locations accept Visa cards.

Announced 3/1/2018: There will be no foreign purchase transaction fees.

Extended warranty benefit removed for purchases after January 21, 2023.
Print Wikipost

Details on new Citi Costco VISA.

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 9:28 am

Seems like the new cards should be arriving at some folks homes soon. It took several weeks for the last Citi communication (the credit card agreement) to be sent out. Neighbors got theirs several weeks before I did. So I expect the same for the cards. Any day now.....
Old May 14, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
I should mention I got the Citi bank paperwork in the mail this week. It said 3% FTF except at "costco warehouses worldwide."
Old May 14, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by IslesFan
It said 3% FTF except at "costco warehouses worldwide."
What ironic is only Costco in Australia and Taiwan accept Visa.

The rest are either still with AMEX (including South Korea which is issued by Samsung) and MC (including Canada).
Old May 16, 2016, 9:45 pm

The folks at my local Costco report that the first wave of four million Costco Visas have been mailed.

Is there a prize for the first recipient to report here? To claim the prize, please report your full card number, expiration date, CIV number, and the name of your first pet.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Mine arrived today. Chip and contactless symbol on it. Can't be used before 6/20.

Went to citi.com/costcosetup to confirm receipt, but have to go back after 6/20 to setup online access etc.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:09 pm

Not sure when mine arrived but I got home from being on the road Thursday night (5/19) and it was in the mailbox.

Thick-ish card, has red core, completely matte finish.

Has both contactless + EMV built in.

Decent-looking card, but the printing of the account info (Visa + Costco) is of very poor quality to the point that it almost looks fake.

Also, the name & acct# are NOT raised.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Any idea as to the pattern of the cards arriving ? Mine isn't here yet.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Definitely a better proposition than what was disclosed at the time of my initial post. Based on last year, Costco@2%=$87, Dining@3%=$360. However I still value 2 Chase UR points < .03 and prefer the automatic travel insurance on travel purchases.

But definitely a good card for someone who isn't currently bonused on gas, travel and dining spend. Would also be a good cash ROI if Chase UR points are ever devalued.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given the Costco and Citibank art departments, I'd expect the new card to end up here pretty soon:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...dit-cards.html
Old May 20, 2016, 5:00 pm

From Citi's site:
Name:  img-card-art-hero.png
Views: 3585
Size:  111.0 KB

Not the worst by any means. The account info as well as Visa logo are heat-stamped on the card with white lettering. As I mentioned above, the account info printing doesn't look anywhere near as good as in the photo and at least on my card is so poorly done it looks fake. The card itself is a platinum color with the pattern being a silver-ish color. Would have been slick if they foil-printed the pattern.
Old May 20, 2016, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW
From Citi's site:
Attachment 11909

Not the worst by any means. The account info as well as Visa logo are heat-stamped on the card with white lettering. As I mentioned above, the account info printing doesn't look anywhere near as good as in the photo and at least on my card is so poorly done it looks fake. The card itself is a platinum color with the pattern being a silver-ish color. Would have been slick if they foil-printed the pattern.
Err... I mistyped... I meant any pattern to the arrival of the cards.

The card doesn't look so bad... I'll wait and see what my physical card looks like.
Old May 20, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So . . . it doesn't actually say Costco on it?

I'm thinking that's a placeholder.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:36 pm

Easier to just post my real card:

The front background really is a matte dark gray, and the pattern is more like the color on the top of the card, not the bottom. Desk lamp here is a different color than the room lamps. I should note that my Costco Amex doesn't say anything about Costco on the front of it either.
Name:  Costco_Front.jpg
Views: 5778
Size:  65.6 KB

Back of the card is matte black, at least for Executive Costco members. I'm assuming it'll be a light gray for regular memberships. The bird is a hologram. Yes, the Costco membership info really is that blurry on the card, not just a bad phonecam photo. Not visible is my photo, which actually is much clearer than the Amex card versions.
Name:  Costco_Back.jpg
Views: 6664
Size:  52.9 KB

As far as mailing batches, a few possible data points:
1) I'm an Executive member
2) I've been a member for ~10 years
3) I'm located in Florida. Note the 904 area code (Jacksonville) for customer service. Not sure if the cards are made there or not. The envelope shows a St. Louis return address, but that doesn't mean it was mailed from there.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:19 pm

Received cards today.

1) Return address is Sioux Falls, SD
2) Card number is the usual VISA 16-digit format, but AU's card has a different number than mine (last 4). Have seen that only on AMEX cards in past. These are registered as personal, not business cards.
3) Recently downgraded my Costco membership from Executive to regular, but the database must have transferred to Citi before that, since these cards show Exec.
4) Couple months back, transferred all but $3K of CL to another AMEX card. New Citi card shows $3K CL.
Old May 22, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Will Costco CITI BUSINESS VISA issuing count toward CHASE 5/24

im patiently waiting for my 5/24 to come around and was wondering if the CITI COSTCO BUSINESS CARD count towards that.. since i have no say if that card is issued or not.

and yes, its the business version i'm talking about, cause i think citi reports to personal credit.

thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.