Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Exec Authorized Users now get Admirals's Club access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat

Just got off the phone with Citi AA Executive support and the representative mentioned that as of 12/15/2015, authorized users of the Citi AA Executive card now also get Admiral's club access. It's a nice gesture.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Good to know, my wife will now be an authorized user...so we both can take a guest in.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:00 pm

The representative was misinformed. Or she had access to some super insider information as no one else can confirm this. I tried.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
The representative was misinformed. Or she had access to some super insider information as no one else can confirm this. I tried.

You are wrong
I can verify the information I just spoke with Citi rep

Apparently this came into effect as of Sunday
Admirals clubs only no one world lounges
Reason being, main admirals club access is linked to primary account holder AA amount. While AU access is presumably only linked to exec card itself
Apparently, American Airlines computers have been updated to recognize Au cards as valid for access
According to rep,
They wanted to roll this out around thanksgiving, but didn't until everyone was informed of the update
Rep was in KY call center
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:06 pm

Opens up a can of worms, every domestic partner will work the system.

Let's see how long this last, as the lounges fill up...
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by satman40
Opens up a can of worms, every domestic partner will work the system.

Let's see how long this last, as the lounges fill up...

I foresee the "free AU " benefit going away, or current cardmembers being grandfathered in
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sthubbar
... It's a nice gesture.
It also creates a further point of differentiation between Executive and Prestige. Citi needed to do something to make customers see incremental value in Executive ($450) versus Prestige (450-250=$200). The distinction between membership and access is invisible for many cardholders who would only use the club when flying on AA.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
You are wrong
I can verify the information I just spoke with Citi rep

Apparently this came into effect as of Sunday
Reason being, main admirals club access is linked to primary account holder AA amount. While AU access is presumably only linked to exec card itself
Apparently, American Airlines computers have been updated to recognize Au cards as valid for access
According to rep,
They wanted to roll this out around thanksgiving, but didn't until everyone was informed of the update
Rep was in KY call center
I stand corrected.

IMO, this is an unbelievable move. Unlimited Admirals Club access for ONE $450 fee. Yikes.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:09 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I stand corrected.

IMO, this is an unbelievable move. Unlimited Admirals Club access for ONE $450 fee. Yikes.
Especially compared to Delta's SkyClub access rules, since the $450/year Delta Reserve Amex doesn't even allow free companions.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
This is nuts. Just added my parents and my brother, and I can still add two more?!?! They are sending the cards overnight. I just can't believe this.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546
This is nuts. Just added my parents and my brother, and I can still add two more?!?! They are sending the cards overnight. I just can't believe this.
4 AUs is the cap?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 5:40 pm

I stand corrected.

+1
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by nall
4 AUs is the cap?
I don't know if there actually is a cap. The guy said "I think you can have 6 or 7" and asked if I wanted to add anybody else. He knew exactly why I was calling when I asked to add AUs, I didn't even have to mention it.

But I'm now getting four full admiral club memberships at $112.50 each. That is a huge bargain. Technically doesn't save me money because I'm obviously not going to charge my family members for it, but still, totally keeping the card now. Was going to dump it with Centurion lounges popping up everywhere, notably MIA and LAX.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Originally Posted by MAH4546
...now getting four full admiral club memberships .
If rgAAFT's information is accurate they are restricted memberships, valid only at Admirals Club, not at lounges operated by OneWorld or by airlines with which AA has reciprocal access agreements. Nonetheless an excellent value.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:10 pm

All you brave souls can give your friends an Admiral Club Membership if you trust them, and Fed X will deliver the card tomorrow..so they can charge drinks tomorrow night.

All you need to know us their birth date...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.