Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
Credit appears on the billing statement for the month the fee/charge hit. It is not an instantaneous credit that you'll see in the account online, it only applies at close of statement.

The year your purchase counts against is based on the statement date, not date of purchase. Tickets purchased late in the year, especially in December, will almost certainly count against the benefit in the following calendar year. Do not wait until the end of the calendar year to use your credits!

Summary of reimbursement options by airline

Please edit the wikipost to add your specific knowledge of airlines.

Aer Lingus: Tickets work
Air Asia: Tickets worked booked on airline site.
Air Canada: Tickets (via travel agent) work. Bag fees work
Air France: Award fees work
Alaska Airlines: Tickets work. In-flight food does not. Gift certificates do not.
Allegiant: Tickets work, with effort.
Atlantic Airways: Tickets work.
American Airlines: Gift certificates work. Status challenge payment works. In-flight food works. Tickets Work Baggage Fees at Airport works.
ANA: Award taxes
Avianca: Upgrade fees work.
British Airways: Tickets work.
Cebu Pacific: Tickets and bag fees work.
China Airlines: Tickets work.
Delta: Bag fees work. Tickets work. Gift cards work.
Emirates: Gift shop purchases work.
Etihad: Award taxes/fees work
EVA: Sky Shop
Frontier: Ticketing online works 6/18/17
Hawaiian: Bag fees work.
JetBlue: Bag fees work. Tickets work.
KLM: Tickets work.
Korean Air: Ticket (via travel agent) works.
Lufthansa: Tickets work.
Malaysia Airlines: Tickets Work
Qatar Airways: Tickets work.
Turkish Airlines: Tickets work. Upgrade fees work.
Southwest: Gift certificates work. Award fees work. In-flight meal purchases do not work.
Sun Country: Tickets work.
Thomas Cook Airlines: flight from UK to USA, priced in GBP, worked
United: Gift certificates work. Tickets work.
Virgin Atlantic: taxes+YQ for award ticket worked
Points + Cash booking via TY portal: Yes, after manual request.
Print Wikipost

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by NDN
It did for me manually when I called.
it didn't work for me though... (called in July 2017) the agent said it has to be airline companies.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:12 pm

Smile using Citi Prestige Travel benefit before deadline

My wife and I each have the Citi prestige and we have $500 we must spend for airfare travel by December 2017, or loose that benefit.

Can I buy a refundable ticket for a flight in 2018 for at least $250 for each of us? Then once I figure out where we wish to travel in 2018, and have new flights to purchase, Can we cancel the refundable tickets and immediately use their value to purchase tickets for the new flights we have decided upon? Or, does the refundable ticket value go back on the card used and we possibly loose the 2017 airfare benefit?

Any other suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!!!

Last edited by oldmanbob; Sep 17, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by oldmanbob
.... If I buy $500 in gift cards direct from AA.com, is this an option ...
Yes, that will work. See Wikipost at top of thread for other ideas.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, that will work. See Wikipost at top of thread for other ideas.
Mia, Thanks much for the answer. I did search prior to posting but missed this whole thread. Apologies and appreciate your help. Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:15 am
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
Don't see a DP in the Wiki but it has to be safe to assume a Southwest ticket purchase would count, correct?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Rd3
Don't see a DP in the Wiki but it has to be safe to assume a Southwest ticket purchase would count, correct?
Of course, it's an airline ticket purchase.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:46 am

Has there been any DPs of ANA taxes/fees (from an award booking) work towards the $250 travel credit? I don't see any in the Wiki. The charge posted on 9/22 but I still have not seen any credits.

Last edited by Ultraboost; Sep 26, 2017 at 9:51 am
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Ultraboost
Has there been any DPs of ANA taxes/fees (from an award booking) work towards the $250 travel credit? I don't see any in the Wiki. The charge posted on 9/22 but I still have not seen any credits.
As long as the charge is posted directly by ANA, and is classified as an airline charge, the taxes/fees should be eligible.

FYI, the airline credit posts at the close of the monthly billing statement; the credit won't show until then. If you don't see the credit posted at the close of your billing statement, contact Citi.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
UA Travel bank and WN gc still works
Thanks for confirming! how much in WN GC did you buy at a time?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:06 pm

Ugh -- as a public service announcement, even though it's mentioned way upthread -- cash portions of tickets purchased through the citi thank you travel agency/portal do not qualify as airfare because the purchase is not "with" the airline.

So many moving parts to this game -- rookie mistake. At least I figure it out before my statement close in December so I didn't lose the credit.
Superorb likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:25 am

Location: in the vast expanse between BOS, BDL, ALB, LEB, MHT
Programs: Citi Prestige, AA, Jet Blue
Jet Blue Miles purchase

Does anyone know if the Citi Prestige $250 airline credit will work on the purchase of Jet Blue Miles from Jet Blue's website? I was excited to find this thread and I've looked through it but I don't think that I saw any attempts. I'm planning on trying this before December's cycle begins. It's something that we'll actually use and if I'm correct they do not expire (yet).
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It appears JetBlue's points purchase function is outsourced to points.com. This means the card transaction will likely be submitted by points.com, not by JetBlue. Points.com is not an airline, no reimbursement.

Last edited by mia; Nov 29, 2017 at 4:11 am
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone have a datapoint on Eva Air Sky Shop purchases online?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:46 am

Datapoint - Prestige - Bought AA nov 17 - transaction did not process even though received confirmation from AA from Recipient and purchaser

Datapoint - Prestige - Friend's account - Bought AA Nov 18 - Transaction process but AA reversed transaction few days later.

Datapoint - Prestige - Bought AA Today - Transaction shows pending .... no clue what will happen after the previous 2
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:36 pm

Here's a DP,
Bought 1x $100 WN GC and 1x $150 WN GC on 11/15.
Got the $250 air travel credit on statement close 12/14

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.