Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
Credit appears on the billing statement for the month the fee/charge hit. It is not an instantaneous credit that you'll see in the account online, it only applies at close of statement.

The year your purchase counts against is based on the statement date, not date of purchase. Tickets purchased late in the year, especially in December, will almost certainly count against the benefit in the following calendar year. Do not wait until the end of the calendar year to use your credits!

Summary of reimbursement options by airline

Please edit the wikipost to add your specific knowledge of airlines.

Aer Lingus: Tickets work
Air Asia: Tickets worked booked on airline site.
Air Canada: Tickets (via travel agent) work. Bag fees work
Air France: Award fees work
Alaska Airlines: Tickets work. In-flight food does not. Gift certificates do not.
Allegiant: Tickets work, with effort.
Atlantic Airways: Tickets work.
American Airlines: Gift certificates work. Status challenge payment works. In-flight food works. Tickets Work Baggage Fees at Airport works.
ANA: Award taxes
Avianca: Upgrade fees work.
British Airways: Tickets work.
Cebu Pacific: Tickets and bag fees work.
China Airlines: Tickets work.
Delta: Bag fees work. Tickets work. Gift cards work.
Emirates: Gift shop purchases work.
Etihad: Award taxes/fees work
EVA: Sky Shop
Frontier: Ticketing online works 6/18/17
Hawaiian: Bag fees work.
JetBlue: Bag fees work. Tickets work.
KLM: Tickets work.
Korean Air: Ticket (via travel agent) works.
Lufthansa: Tickets work.
Malaysia Airlines: Tickets Work
Qatar Airways: Tickets work.
Turkish Airlines: Tickets work. Upgrade fees work.
Southwest: Gift certificates work. Award fees work. In-flight meal purchases do not work.
Sun Country: Tickets work.
Thomas Cook Airlines: flight from UK to USA, priced in GBP, worked
United: Gift certificates work. Tickets work.
Virgin Atlantic: taxes+YQ for award ticket worked
Points + Cash booking via TY portal: Yes, after manual request.
Print Wikipost

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Can I get my $250 credit now if I use the Prestige, or do I have to wait until January?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Can I get my $250 credit now if I use the Prestige, or do I have to wait until January?
Suggest you look at your most recent statement. In my case, the closing date was in early December, and my 2018 Credit is already available. Cheers.

Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:30 pm

Do we still need to buy in $100 increments or can I just drop $250 on an airline GC listed above?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by hitman1420
Do we still need to buy in $100 increments or can I just drop $250 on an airline GC listed above?
My $250 AA GC was reimbursed
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:20 pm

As long as the transaction is posted before Jan 1st, 2018, the air travel credits should count towards 2017 and not 2018. (Info from the rep over the phone)
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lvft
... (Info from the rep over the phone)
Which does not match the published terms, or the experience from last year.
vm81 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:55 pm

As long as the transaction is posted before Jan 1st, 2018, the air travel credits should count towards 2017 and not 2018. (Info from the rep over the phone)
You have to take everything that a Citi agent says with a grain of salt.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:43 pm

Based on the wiki and my data point. I should be fine with buying another 250 WN GC today and get reimbursed around 1/14? Is there a way to check whether the reward is available or not in the Citi website or the app? (i.e. BoFA $100 airline credit meter).

"The year your purchase counts against is based on the statement date, not date of purchase. Tickets purchased late in the year, especially in December, will almost certainly count against the benefit in the following calendar year. Do not wait until the end of the calendar year to use your credits!"

"Bought WN GCs on 11/15. Got the $250 air travel credit on statement close 12/14. "
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by frudd38
Anyone have a datapoint on Eva Air Sky Shop purchases online?
Update: Surprisingly posted as travel and credited.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:29 pm

Air New Zealand

$250 change fee was reimbursed
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:22 pm

Scoot Airlines ticket $250 reimbursed
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:10 am

Went to the United Gift Registry website and got this: "We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018."

I wonder if this will affect reimbursement?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dinkoh

I wonder if this will affect reimbursement?
The UA Gift Registry has not accepted contributions for several months. What will there be to reimburse if you are unable to make a contribution?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
That is absolutely incorrect.. Citi Prestige goes by December statement cut.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Interesting DP: I booked a ticket on AS and then immediately canceled in favor of a points redemption on WN. Ended up getting credited for the ticket I canceled (this is all within one statement/billing cycle), so evidently Citi doesn't track refunds against credits. Theoretically one could book $250 in air travel and then immediately refund it, though I don't know if Citi has any means of detecting that you've now gamed the system. I assume you'd only profit if you never intended to use the Citi card for airfare (at all).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.