Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
Print Wikipost

Prestige/Premier are getting face lifts.

Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The card number is still on the back, so cashiers will still get confused. Wonderful half assed solution.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Pochama
The card number is still on the back, so cashiers will still get confused. Wonderful half assed solution.
A lot of other cards numbers are on the back now. Actually almost all other cards.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Maybe a little bit of confusion but I can't imagine it as bad as it is right now. The signature and all of the other information is in the back as well, so I think people are more used to seeing that.

As for the quality of the card, fortunately it's easy to ask for a new one and it comes quickly. If this initial one wears off fast, I'll just call them up and get a new one. Maybe they would have improved the quality of the card by then.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just ordered my replacement card and should get it sometime Thursday.

I'm fairly upset with the move by Citi. Yes, the first few months of this card were painful when handing it to a cashier, but now majority of the places I frequent know the card and how to swipe it. So now cashiers are going to think they know how to swipe it and get confused again? Also, I don't know how quickly users will order replacements which will only further complicate matters with both versions running around.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Haven't ordered a replacement yet (in no rush), but sounds like the very poor quality of the citi double cash card with the "label" like area for the printed text. I rarely use that card and a lot of the print has come off. sad to hear citi is consistently using really cheap card materials across the board.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:15 am

My Capital One Venture has the numbers on the back and no problem. Because strip is there too.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:48 am

How do you get the new card for the Prestige? I called and they said one doesnt exist yet
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:09 am

You can order replacement cards through the website by sending a private message to customer service; once you start that process, requesting a replacement card comes up as an option. It appears it will come via regular mail, not express, if that is a concern. (I ordered mine yesterday and it said it could take up to 7 days.)
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by wcj1
You can order replacement cards through the website by sending a private message to customer service; once you start that process, requesting a replacement card comes up as an option. It appears it will come via regular mail, not express, if that is a concern. (I ordered mine yesterday and it said it could take up to 7 days.)
but how do you know the replacement will be the new design yet?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:46 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by WantsAmex
but how do you know the replacement will be the new design yet?
Supposedly all new and replacement cards issued as of Sunday Oct 18 will be the new design.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:22 pm

Called and ask, and they fedexed me cards with the new design. Transparent arc on the Premier card is gone, though.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
After multiple confirmations of a new card design for both the Prestige & Premier cards, is there any way we can change the title of this thread? Perhaps a Citi TY mod?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
I am still actively tracking this thread, but not sure how I can modify topic titles.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:39 pm

Wow the new design is cool, but the card itself is trash lol. Easily the cheapest flimsiest card I have to date.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:48 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pritomd
I am still actively tracking this thread, but not sure how I can modify topic titles.
Only moderators can edit thread titles. If you wish to suggest a change, click the triangular Alert button in the lower left corner of any post in the thread, and it will be considered.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.