Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
Print Wikipost

Prestige/Premier are getting face lifts.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Do none of their execs carry this card?
They all use the Double Cash
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Finally!

I know I'm the millionth person to complain about the design but I haven't used my Premier card in months because I was tired of dealing with confused cashiers. A few months ago I sent Citi a SM telling them exactly that.

Even at vendors where you swipe the card yourself I often got it wrong on the first try.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rkb2530
Just returned from Germany where I rented a car from Sixt. Upon presenting my Prestige Master Card I was informed that all credit cards need to have the card holder's name in raised embossed letters and that cards with a printed name are not accepted. Only after arguing with a supervisor did they accept the card. I could have used another card but wanted the primary insurance that comes with the Prestige Master Card.

I know that other cards only have printed names but if a card is a hassle to use, it doesn't get used. Add this to the swipe stripe on the front of the card, it is making it doubtful that I will keep the card. I wish they would make the card easy to use instead of pretty to look at.
Used it several times at Sixt Germany and US and other Germany vendors. Never had a comment on the card not being embossed.

If you are renting in Germany, all US-issued credit card car rental insurance is primary unless you have some unusual personal US-based auto insurance which covers outside US.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Eonflux
I have to agree with you all, I recently got my premier card and nothing about the card is premier to me. Light plastic, and the mag strip is on the front, almost blended in with the gray colour of the card. My Amex and cap one card feels a lot better than this one. Good thing is most of the places around my area have terminals where can insert your chip enable card in instead of swiping so I've been using that. But I hope the new card design will move the mag strip to the back and the chip in front.
Agreed on the feel of the plastic. It feels especially cheap, compared to most other cards in my wallet.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Had to get a new card due to fraud, still the same old. On a note though I kinda do like the oddity of the card design. Its a fun to see whos smart enough to figure out how to run the card first time.

But yeah a metal version would be really nice, though I don't think the plastic one feels too bad...
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Had to get a new card due to fraud, still the same old. On a note though I kinda do like the oddity of the card design. Its a fun to see whos smart enough to figure out how to run the card first time.

But yeah a metal version would be really nice, though I don't think the plastic one feels too bad...
You might just be the rare few who actually like the design. I, like many others, just can't stand the design, and so I rarely use it except for online purchase or in store where I can swipe the card myself. I hope the rumor that they are coming out with a new design soon is true.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
I really hope it is too. The plus side is there's some supporting evidence i.e. Twitter responses from Citi, as well as the mobile app reflecting a different design.

As far as the plastic goes, I personally don't like it. The plastic definitely feels more flimsy than my other plastic cards, such as Chase Freedom or even my AAdvantage Bronze card.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:41 am

I received my new Prestige card yesterday and can confirm that, for now, the old design remains in production.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by HGHUA
On a note though I kinda do like the oddity of the card design. Its a fun to see whos smart enough to figure out how to run the card first time.
Same here! It's original, I like it.

As far as the plastic feel goes, it's probably because that transparent bit in the middle of the card prevents them from using the same plastic as is usually used on credit cards.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:24 pm

New Citi Prestige Design

I just received a new Citi Prestige since my old numbers were completely scratched up due to merchants swiping the card 10 times for a transaction and the design was different. I compared it to my old one and noticed it was now matte instead of glossy. Anyone else receive this?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:28 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Is the strip still on the front, with the chip on the back?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:37 pm

Yep. Strip in front and chip in back. The blue part is no longer see through. The design on the front is also 3D now so it's blurry when viewed from the side. Only major difference is the card is now matte
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Hmm someone alluded to the fact that the see-through Arc was the reason for the flimsy material. Glad they decided to do away with it to make it feel more sturdy. Although disappointed that still has stripe on front/chip back. Then again, I thought reports said the new designs wouldn't be there until end of October...hopefully they are coming, if at all! But the matte is a step up.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:08 pm

Can someone post a pic of the new design?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

I'm not sure if this is what they'll actually use, but the pics in the OP are what are in the mobile app. I am hoping it matches that.

Notice the chip in the front and the mag stripe no longer on the front (but you see a name if you look closely on the bottom left)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.