FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Transfer reports: TYP to Etihad (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1702650-transfer-reports-typ-etihad.html)

Miles Mark Feb 17, 2015 10:39 am

Transfer reports: TYP to Etihad

I just transferred Citi to Etihad with mismatched names. I transferred over the phone. Even though the reps are adamant that names must match, they did not ask me for the Etihad account name when transferring points. The transfer took 8 days, and I did not receive an email from Etihad when the points cleared.

beltway Apr 23, 2015 12:25 pm

There's allegedly a promotional 25% bonus for TYP transfers to Etihad until 5/15: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...l#post24708993

pdrickey Jul 25, 2015 1:01 pm

Recent transfer time to Etihad?

I initiated the transfer 11 days ago on 7/14 and they still have not hit my Etihad account...Any other recent experiences?

akshat Aug 5, 2015 7:32 am

Originally Posted by pdrickey (Post 25171696)
I initiated the transfer 11 days ago on 7/14 and they still have not hit my Etihad account...Any other recent experiences?

I'm seeing the same issue. Initiated a transfer on July 25. Miles haven't posted yet. But I do see a line item under Guest Miles Activity:

25/07/2015 Citibank Cards, Base Miles 0 0

Should I be worried that it shows up here but shows as 0? Don't recall when this started showing up but its been there for a few days at least.

akshat Aug 10, 2015 3:37 am

Originally Posted by akshat (Post 25224225)
I'm seeing the same issue. Initiated a transfer on July 25. Miles haven't posted yet. But I do see a line item under Guest Miles Activity:

25/07/2015 Citibank Cards, Base Miles 0 0

Should I be worried that it shows up here but shows as 0? Don't recall when this started showing up but its been there for a few days at least.

Apparently I should be worried. Communicated with Citi yesterday and they said they'd processed it from their end a few days ago. So they asked me to contact Etihad to inquire where those points went. Contacted Etihad call center, they'd escalated and someone we'll get back to me over email.
Anyone out there with a similar experience and it ended well?

akshat Aug 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by akshat (Post 25247006)
Apparently I should be worried. Communicated with Citi yesterday and they said they'd processed it from their end a few days ago. So they asked me to contact Etihad to inquire where those points went. Contacted Etihad call center, they'd escalated and someone we'll get back to me over email.

I've even received the "Your order has been processed" email now from Citi but still 0's in my Etihad account. I see a second set of 0's for a transfer I initiated on Aug 8 (3 days). No word back yet from Etihad call center escalation : = (

akshat Aug 14, 2015 8:40 am

My bad. Those lines on my activity show that something did happen. It turns out the points went to my wife's account since she's set up as head of household on a family membership. So if anyone else encounters missing points issues - rack your brain if you have a family account and then check your spouse's account.

iahphx Dec 16, 2015 7:16 am

Any new reports regarding Thank You points transfers to Etihad?

After reading about the latest 25% transfer bonus in FrequentMiler's quick deals, I transferred some points to book AA off peak coach to Europe for 16K each way (reportedly no surcharges on these bookings). I found a few reports that it takes a week for the points to transfer. I'll try to watch my account.

I'm also curious if there have been any problems getting the bonus. There doesn't seem to be any promo sign-up required; you're supposed to just get the extra 25%.

An excellent deal if you're flying "AA metal only" -- and all the steps work.

ahmorris Jan 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by akshat (Post 25247006)

On day 11 now. I've called Citi (and escalated), only to be told "Well, you agreed to a 14 day turnaround, so this is really your oversight. You agreed to it!" Which is factually correct, but it's really a shame that they can't even be bothered to see where it's stuck until it's a crisis happens.

Of course, I had picked out an award when this process started and it's now gone. Hopefully Etihad will have something else I want.

I guess I'll start using Chase UR more. I've never had to wait > 24 hours for a transfer. And their agents at least feign that they care. :mad:

iahphx Jul 12, 2016 6:38 am

Any recent reports on Citi to Etihad transfer times? I transferred miles on the 4th, but they haven't yet posted. And once they do post, I'm sure I'll have to wait even longer for Etihad to credit me the 25% bonus. Frustrating in this day and age, given the instant transfer is obviously possible. And it's particularly frustrating when dealing with AA inventory, which tends to be fairly scarce. Last December, seats on the AA flight I wanted disappeared before the Citi points hit my Etihad account.

DaveInLA Jul 12, 2016 7:41 pm

I submitted a transfer request for 12K from my Prestige TY account to EY on 6/22. I just checked, and those points still haven't showed up on my EY account. I have the TY confirmation number for the transfer. Do I just call them? Or call EY Guest? I have different addresses between the 2 accounts.

Update-- after a long (LONG) hold waiting for a TY rep on Citi's line, I was told that the points should have posted to my EY account by now (duh), and that they would "open a case", which can take 1-3 weeks. I may call EY, but I don't know what they will do. They'll just tell me to call Citi. At this point, I'm wondering if I should transfer over 10K TYP (which will be 12.5K after bonus), then deal with the extra 10K when they eventually post.

krazykanuck Jul 13, 2016 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 26904810)
Any recent reports on Citi to Etihad transfer times? I transferred miles on the 4th, but they haven't yet posted. And once they do post, I'm sure I'll have to wait even longer for Etihad to credit me the 25% bonus.

I'm curious about this too. I'm looking to transfer as well, but thankfully I don't think my redemption is time sensitive (economy, short haul partner flight pretty far in advance).

I need only 12k EY miles so I think I'm going to transfer 10k TYP and see what happens...

euromannn Jul 14, 2016 1:15 am

Citi TY Points ----> Etihad Bonus 25%

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/promot...sfer-partners/

Enjoy 25% more miles

Is your wallet full of loyalty programme cards and credit cards? Bring them all together and boost your balance by converting all your credit card, hotel or loyalty reward points into Etihad Guest Miles.

Convert points to miles until 31 July 2016 and enjoy 25% more miles.

Members can convert their points to Etihad Guest Miles by simply contacting their bank, hotel or loyalty program and submitting the request. Some partners offer the option to convert points online.

I have 127,000 TY points redeemable 1:1 ratio + 25% bonues= 158,000 Etihad mile.

Anyone think doing CITI TY PTS to Etihad is a good deal?

iahphx Jul 14, 2016 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 26914258)
url]http://www.etihadguest.com/en/promot...sfer-partners/[/url] Anyone think doing CITI TY PTS to Etihad is a good deal?

Of course it's a good deal -- if you can get the points in time to book the flight you want!

That's why there's current interest in the process.

euromannn Jul 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 26917672)
Of course it's a good deal -- if you can get the points in time to book the flight you want!

That's why there's current interest in the process.

How can I tell if it's a good deal since Eithad doesn't show award redemption limits on wen page and after 10 minutes trying ask the same questions of the limits to a Eithad rep I hung up!

Where are the award mileage limits on Eithad so I can tell?

My Citi TY points are worth $0.625 if used on AA.
$0.75 if used other places.

Thus I have 102,000 points = $1632 US dollars.

Thus the award for 102,000 must exceed value of $163.00 for me to transfer.