Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer reports: TYP to Etihad

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:15 am

Same experience -- either 1 day or 2 weeks delay in posting in random order. There may be a manual step in the process, and two locations to do that step.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just as a PSA, there is a 10% transfer bonus to Etihad, valid through 7/5/17. Unfortunately not as generous as last summer's bonus, but better than nothing since I was planning to make an EY redemption soon.

Time to dump out my remaining TYPs that I didn't transfer to VS back in February and reset that 24 month clock!

https://hub.thankyou.com/tygr-web/pa...msListing.htm?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi,

I initiated a transfer to Etihad on 8/18 and points have not been posted yet... Does it usually take this long? The first time I tried they posted within 4 days, and once I tried to transfer to GA and it failed altogether.

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:35 am

Data Point: It took me a full 8 days for my Etihad Guest points to transfer. Transferred on 10-OCT and arrived on 18-OCT after 3pm CST (which is midnight AUH). I did not get an alert from Etihad or Citi of this clearing. Fortunately my Jet Airways award (using Etihad Guest miles) was still available for redemption.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So I just made a recent transfer to Etihad and it took a ridiculously long time, 2 full weeks. I initiated the transfer on April 3 and they were available April 18. The prior transfers I've made from TYP each have taken about a week. By contrast, Amex MR transfer instantly which I did over the phone last night.

I still quite like Etihad redemptions, in spite of the somewhat clunky process. Their generally reasonable award chart, no close in booking fee, and very reasonable cancellation and award change fees make it a great option for booking AA awards and in many cases a better way to book *A awards than United miles.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:48 am

Any recent DP to show the transfer taking less than 2 week ? I transferred 76k ty points to etihad last week still waiting for completion.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: IHG
Ethihad Guest Issue

So from my understanding this has been an issue going on for months but has anyone been successful in transferring Thank You points to their Ethihad guest accounts? I keep getting an error and my name matches my account exactly.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:23 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk. I believe the problem is on Eithad's end, because it is also reported in the American Express forum:

Transfer to Etihad Broken

...and there is discussion in the Etihad forum:

Ongoing Issue: Broken Point Transfers from Citi TYP & AmEx MR to Etihad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.