Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Funding CitiGold (or other) account with credit card?

Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
Citi No Longer Allows Funding New Checking Accounts by CC as of 08-Feb-2016. Below information is historic.

1-800-745-1534 TO FUND

Cards that have been reported to NOT WORK

CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard - Will not load and loads as cash

Capital One

Barclay Priceline

Chase

Cards that have been report to WORK

Barclay Aviator

Citi AAdvantage

Citi Thank You Premier

BofA Travel card

BofA Alaska
Print Wikipost

Funding CitiGold (or other) account with credit card?

Old May 2, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Alright, more than 90+ days have gone by since my statement closed in which all requirements were met for the 50K TY points promo. Time to email them ...I hate these bait and switch tactics.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:14 pm

I sent a secure msg to check on my ty pts as I was told 2 weeks back that they will be posted by 4/30. I got a secure msg and also an email from a client services manager that I was never targeted for the bonus points. 50k TYP pts are only meant for people who were targeted via email or letter. I wrote to them again and some guy replied, they can't do anything as it is against the rules.
Prob going to call and see. Let me if any one else is in the same situation. Thanks.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by anubond005
I sent a secure msg to check on my ty pts as I was told 2 weeks back that they will be posted by 4/30. I got a secure msg and also an email from a client services manager that I was never targeted for the bonus points. 50k TYP pts are only meant for people who were targeted via email or letter. I wrote to them again and some guy replied, they can't do anything as it is against the rules.
Prob going to call and see. Let me if any one else is in the same situation. Thanks.
Yep, same here. Let me know if you have any success. This issue is all over the interwebs now. I guess Citi figured they would use this bait and switch tactic to collect as many $30 monthly fees they can. I'll be taking my funds out of Citi now. Anyone have any ideas for a new bank with a legit sign up bonus?
Old May 3, 2016, 9:36 am

I'd be asking them to refund your $30 fees if you didn't receive the bonus. The worst they can say is no, and you'll pull funds anyways.
Old May 3, 2016, 9:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by doss1
... I guess Citi figured they would use this bait and switch tactic to collect as many $30 monthly fees they can.
I think Citi naively expected to attract customers who would maintain a sufficient balance to never pay the $30.00 fee. Otherwise, why would they now be eliminating the same fee? I have not seen any evidence that Citi's recurring inability to execute this type of promotion is anything other than incompetence.
Old May 3, 2016, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by mia
I think Citi naively expected to attract customers who would maintain a sufficient balance to never pay the $30.00 fee. Otherwise, why would they now be eliminating the same fee? I have not seen any evidence that Citi's recurring inability to execute this type of promotion is anything other than incompetence.
In my case, I met the conditions to avoid the $30 monthly fee. I was a legit customer that was never targeted via a mailer.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by doss1
In my case, I met the conditions to avoid the $30 monthly fee. I was a legit customer that was never targeted via a mailer.
I was a legit customer as well. Just indicated that they are not honoring the promotion even though I confirmed my eligibility over a dozen times. Horrendous customer service. Initiated a wire transfer out of the account immediately and am proceeding to close relationships with Citi. Awful experience.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:32 pm

similar here. Now several months past meeting the criteria and they are indicating that since they can find no record of me being targeted that I am not eligible for the 50k AA miles. Terrible citi banking experience so I am in process of closing account and shutting down all but 1 cc with them (want to keep free bags on AA).

Last edited by g8trgr8t; May 4, 2016 at 6:42 pm
Old May 3, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Citi banking is really hurting citi credit card reputation at this point.
They are different departments, and I wouldn't let one corrupt the other. Just don't do any non-CC business with them anymore.
Old May 3, 2016, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Is this a new issue? A few months ago, it seemed like non-targeted people were getting bonuses. I recall some people needing to SM Citi to move the process along or problem-solve missing points or miles, but not people being told to take a hike.
Old May 3, 2016, 2:28 pm

Yea, now their secure message system is down! I hope its all the complaints rolling in.

Really stupid on Citi's part. I even have a letter from Citi promo department stating in writing that I am "enrolled" and "qualified".

If that's not bait and switch I dont' know what is.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:49 pm

Is there any other way to cashout typs for 1 cpp besides airfare? The rate to pay student loans is the same as gcs.
Old May 3, 2016, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by diseased
Is there any other way to cashout typs for 1 cpp besides airfare? The rate to pay student loans is the same as gcs.

Mortgage checks
Old May 4, 2016, 6:50 am

Got another msg from Citi that in their SM they only confirmed that I have met all the requirements to be eligible for the promotion. But I was never targeted for the promotion so later part hold no importance.
Preety much Citi planned this in advance. Had everyone $$ for 4 months and now telling everyone thy u not getting a single point. Lulz..
Old May 4, 2016, 6:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by anubond005
...But I was never targeted for the promotion so later part hold no importance.
Were you, or were you not targeted? Did you receive the offer directly from Citi or did you "find" it online?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.