Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Which redemption ratio prevails when combining ThankYou accounts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

I'd like to combine my Citi Prestige and Premier TYP accounts. Say I merge my Premier account into my Prestige account and then try to book a hotel. At which rate will the hotel be booked? The Prestige card requires 1 TYP per 1 cent, the Premier requires 0.8 TYP per 1 cent. Likewise if I merged my Prestige points into my Premier account do AA flights get redeemed at 1.6c per mile or 1.33c per mile?

My hunch is that I lose the better redemption ratio when I combine accounts like I am describing?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Whichever is the better redemption rate is the one that supercedes. So you get 1.6 if you have prestige combined, didn't matter which is the main card.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:46 pm

If you have a Citi Prestige card then you'll get 1.6cpp on AA flights for *all* your points in that TY account, including those earned from other cards and from checking accounts.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

That's awesome news. I am feeling better about combining the accounts now.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

I combined the accounts and validated that the Premier hotel discount and the Prestige flight discount is offered for the combined point balance. Good deal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.