Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

CitiBusiness Platinum Select - Antiquated Web Access and Problems

Old May 8, 2015, 11:27 am
Original Poster

This is my first Citibank card, having mostly Chase accounts for my business. I've had it for a couple of weeks now, and I find the Citibank website to be horrible in trying to track expenses. Some of my issues are pending charges are not viewable, my online statement shows that I have an APR rate of 17,000%, and you have to request a pdf statement before it's view able. I thought there was something wrong with the website so I called technical support regarding pending/posted charges not showing correctly, as well as my stated APR, only to be transferred to a regular representative as the technical department cannot see any posted/pending charges.

On top of that, they have given me credit that is low where I need to physically run down to the local branch and pay the full balance prior to closing so that I open up available credit. At the local branch they still print receipts on carbon copy paper, and then I have to wait a few days for the payment to post and show up online.

Is this a typical for Citibank cards? At Chase pending charges show instantaneously, and payments also show up by the end of business day.

The whole process seems antiquated coming from a competing bank.
Old May 8, 2015, 1:26 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by absolutboy20
Is this a typical for Citibank cards?
No, the personal cards run on an entirely different platform, which does display pending charges. What do you think your correct APR is on that account?
Old May 8, 2015, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Wow. And they didn't think to roll that over to the business site...
Old May 8, 2015, 1:53 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Originally Posted by absolutboy20
didn't think to roll that over to the business site...
It is apparent that Citi has computer infrastructure of varying vintages, and corresponding software for each. Small business cards do not seem to be a focus for Citi in the way that it is for American Express or Chase. Today they only offer one card, although there are various discontinued products which customers continue to use. This may explain why business cards still run on that interface.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Bad Experience with Citi Business site

2 months ago I applied for Business cards at Citi and Chase. Citi site for business cards is the Worst site I encountered ever. I will detail.

Chase biz site is Very good based on site for Personal cards (same URL login) with the extra features needed for biz site as employees cards etc.

The Citi Biz site -
It was so bad that I started a log file writing the problems encountered. Now decided to share with everybody.

1. Looks not built on top of personal site, separate URL login. Looks started development few weeks ago and in pre-pre-Beta.

2. On first login I could not set alerts. I called tech support, lady went to check and came back after 5! minutes: you cannot set alerts before 1st charge (does not say anywhere).

3. After few charges and 1st payment. Still cannot set alerts (get error message). Called - they have no idea (I am using Win10- and Chrome).

4. No display of Pending charges. Takes 2-3 days until a charge appears.

5. Confusing acct number and card number. I had to ask in a message to which one to pay.

6. Messages typed (in acct) get cut in middle of line, need to erase last partial word and start new line.

7. No apps for Android and iPhone.

8. Not possible to mark on login page to keep user-id. Need to re-type every time.

9. Not possible to notify online about use abroad. Need to send a message or call.

10. On weekend, no message site down for maint. Just call us.

11. Statements in formats for (old?) accounting programs. Need to request a PDF statement, wait 1-2 days, and then available ONLY for 7 days.

Now you know why it was a Bad Experience, Said gently.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:00 pm
mia

Originally Posted by IntFF
... Looks started development few weeks ago and in pre-pre-Beta.
I would say it looks the way cards sites looked a decade plus ago, and it has not been updated. Citi has not really been a player in the small business card market, and it probably still isn't worth their while to invest in this site support the three cards that they now offer.

We use a CitiBusiness VISA for one project, and it's fine because we don't need any of the missing features, but I wouldn't want to use it as our company primary card for general spending.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
It stinks and is fixable. They choose not to, and don't see the reflection on them as a bank/company.
IntFF likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:26 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
So I got my invoice for the CitiBusiness AA card on Jan 1...and it shows I need to go to www.citibusinesscreditcards.com to pay the $95 annual fee that again has come due. Yet when I go to that link, it takes me to the regular https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/citi.action screen that only allows access to my PERSONAL Citi cards.

I called and complained to no avail. I tried to log into the CitiBusiness site to no avail. The tech support at Citi was worthless.The customer service at Citi, as usual, was worthless.

Citi qualifies as unquestionably the worst service of any bank. They even make BofA look fabulous.

I canceled the CitiBusiness card. That's the only way I can be sure that Citi doesn't inevitably screw up my credit.

Citi just sucks. It's unbelievable how bad Citi is.

Originally Posted by mia
It is apparent that Citi has computer infrastructure of varying vintages, and corresponding software for each. Small business cards do not seem to be a focus for Citi in the way that it is for American Express or Chase. Today they only offer one card, although there are various discontinued products which customers continue to use. This may explain why business cards still run on that interface.
Which is why today I canceled my CitiBusiness AA card. WORTHLESS service and tech support from Citi. Their invoice reminder refers me to a CitiBusiness credit card site that doesn't even allow you to access your CitiBusiness account--only personal accounts. Citi is worthless.

Last edited by mia; Jan 5, 2018 at 1:52 pm Reason: Merged overlapping threads and cross-posted reports.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:49 pm
mia

To login to our CitiBusiness AAdvantage card I type exactly the same URL as I do for my personal accounts: citicards.com which resolves to: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/citi.action . From that page I can login to business or personal accounts. The account is also enrolled in AutoPay so there isn't any risk of a missed payment, though I usually make manual payment when the statement is generated.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:52 am
Suspended

I am beyond frustrated with the lack of citi business ty card tech support. Since getting the card back in Dec, I have been trying to register the card online using all the possible URL's and some more (given to me by citi tech whiz over the phone) but after entering all the relevant info and getting to the page where I select my username (check availability button is grayed out, nice!) and pwd, the damn "next" button failed to move. I have talked to at least 6 different CSR and their tech support and it seems like pretty common issue (or at least they told me, several tickets were filed in the past month or so). If anyone interested, I can post all three different URL's here but they are already posted here.

I have several personal citi cards and personal checking acct but never had such a useless and truly awful website issues in todays' world. I have to rely on paper statement and phone to get my balances and everything.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:57 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nadir576
I am beyond frustrated with the lack of citi business ty card tech support. Since getting the card back in Dec, I have been trying to register the card online using all the possible URL's and some more (given to me by citi tech whiz over the phone) but after entering all the relevant info and getting to the page where I select my username (check availability button is grayed out, nice!) and pwd, the damn "next" button failed to move. I have talked to at least 6 different CSR and their tech support and it seems like pretty common issue (or at least they told me, several tickets were filed in the past month or so). If anyone interested, I can post all three different URL's here but they are already posted here.

I have several personal citi cards and personal checking acct but never had such a useless and truly awful website issues in todays' world. I have to rely on paper statement and phone to get my balances and everything.
Those are some of the same many reasons I recently canceled my CitiBusiness card. Citi is worthless. I’m now enjoying Barclay’s AA cards.Citi’s loss.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:19 pm
Suspended

I would not cancel Citi just cuz their website is bad! too much free handout to ignore them. Same for any bank really unless they don't want my "business".
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Thumbs down

Finally better site and sign-in. But you can count on Citi to hide the good news and cause Additional problems:

My wife could not access her Citi-AA biz-card acct for a few months. Finally she asked me to try. Failed. I went thru BOTH re-create password and recreate id+password, entered card# extra 3 digits, secret word (our pet name). Got error.
Called, spent 5 minutes on identifying my wife, and agent says - oh you do not access any more the biz-cards site, you do it now on the regular/personal site.

So - they did NOT put a notice on the biz-cards site. And when login (with correct id+password) fails - the biz-cards site takes you thru long procedure to recover password or id+password then gives an error. Really stupid.

My wife said: I am sick of them, let's send them a message to cancel the card. We login again. It turns out NO way to send such message (only some predefined messages). So, now we need to call again to cancel the card.

Last edited by IntFF; Jan 20, 2018 at 10:03 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.