Search

Best cancellation/application order?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Best cancellation/application order?

Hi everyone!

I have a Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard and would like to cancel it. (I also have the Barclaycard Aviator Red, which I'm going to keep.)

Now I also want to get in on the new offers for both the Prestige and the Premier card. I was wondering if there is a particular order to applications/cancellations.

Should I first cancel, then apply for the Prestige, wait 8 days and then apply for the Premier? Or should I first apply for the Prestige, wait 8 days, apply for the Premier, and then cancel the AA card?

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EP SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond IHG Plat Avis 1st Hertz 5* National Exec
I canceled my AA Executive in early April and applied for a Prestige today and got declined. No sure why, I have perfect credit and the only reason I can think of is they think I'm churning cards.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Apply for the new cards first, if Citi puts your application in pending you can tell them to close your current card to open up the credit limit. Most banks have some form of maximum credit limit they will extend any customer, and if your current card is at or near that max they could deny a new application. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.