FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Premier MasterCard [2015-2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1673364-citi-premier-mastercard-2015-2017-a.html)

LivelyFL May 29, 2015 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by gforce32 (Post 24795841)
I got my card recently, 2 weeks after applying. I called citi a week after applying and asked them to expedite the card since I was flying to Europe for a few days and wanted to spend money to meet minimum. I was told by the csr that they can't ship the card to me as one had been shipped out already. Slightly annoyed by this, but whatever, went to Europe came back, got the card in mail.

I'm glad you wrote this because my husband was approved on 5/20 and the card still isn't here today. I don't understand why it takes so long.

Khiaao May 30, 2015 10:42 am

Originally Posted by LivelyFL (Post 24889256)
I'm glad you wrote this because my husband was approved on 5/20 and the card still isn't here today. I don't understand why it takes so long.

Same here and i didn't receive it today so hopefully Monday. probably delays from all the card churning :)

pritomd May 31, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi all. I applied for a Citi Prestige on 05/06 and was approved the same day. I wanted to get into TYP, and I realized that this month I'll hit the 3K spending threshold, so now I'm considering the Premier for the sign up bonus, as well as the fact that I'll probably use it more as a day-to-day card what with the gas/taxi on the 3X bonus. A few questions:

1) When I get the Premier, do the points I get from the bonus/earning go into the same TYP "pool" as my Prestige? I.E. if I cancel my Prestige or Premier, will I lose points earned by either?

2) Based on applying/being approved for the Prestige on 05/06, am I okay to app for the Premier or do I need to wait?

travelfreaks Jun 1, 2015 1:34 am

Originally Posted by pritomd (Post 24898812)
Hi all. I applied for a Citi Prestige on 05/06 and was approved the same day. I wanted to get into TYP, and I realized that this month I'll hit the 3K spending threshold, so now I'm considering the Premier for the sign up bonus, as well as the fact that I'll probably use it more as a day-to-day card what with the gas/taxi on the 3X bonus. A few questions:

1) When I get the Premier, do the points I get from the bonus/earning go into the same TYP "pool" as my Prestige? I.E. if I cancel my Prestige or Premier, will I lose points earned by either?
2) Based on applying/being approved for the Prestige on 05/06, am I okay to app for the Premier or do I need to wait?

1. different TY accts, but you can combine them. If you cancel a card you have 30 days to use points or they expire.
2. as long as you have not applied for another Citi card within the previous ~65 days.

Brugge Jun 1, 2015 9:26 am

No need to combine them, since you can transfer points from both accounts when you are ready to use them. Canceling a card means the points expire within 30 days if not transferred to a partner account. But I've read (have no experience with this) that you can downgrade either card to the no fee TYP Preferred card, and the points stay with that account. Even if you already have a Preferred card open..... ;)

carsnoceans Jun 1, 2015 9:56 am

Do AA gift cards count as airline purchase? Might need to do some pre-purchase to meet the spend.

pritomd Jun 1, 2015 10:05 am

Thank you for your responses. So if I have a Prestige and Premier, and I cancel my Prestige, I can transfer my Prestige TYP into my Premier account?

Edit: I just applied and got auto-approved. So approved for Prestige on 05/06, and now auto-approved for Premier 06/01. Thanks!

Khiaao Jun 1, 2015 4:28 pm

Mines came today in a grey box, after enrolling on the 22 of May

Brugge Jun 2, 2015 10:28 am

Originally Posted by pritomd (Post 24901195)
So if I have a Prestige and Premier, and I cancel my Prestige, I can transfer my Prestige TYP into my Premier account?

You can transfer points from account to account, but they expire after 30 days. :eek:

NDN Jun 2, 2015 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 24907299)
You can transfer points from account to account, but they expire after 30 days. :eek:

90 days actually.

bhrubin Jun 2, 2015 4:38 pm

Questionable Citi customer service--still waiting for my ThankYou Premier card!

I applied for and was approved over the phone for the Citi ThankYou Premier on May 23. I received the email approval confirmation on May 26 and called in to confirm it was being sent--since I had a big 2 week trip departing June 5 for which I wanted to use the card (so I could meet the bonus spend requirement!).

On May 28 I called to confirm the card was sent, but got a run around. I then managed to get a customer service agent online who confirmed my information and confirmed that the card had already been sent May 26 or 27 and was to arrive by May 30.

Today, June 2, on still not having received the card, I called again to customer service. I was told today that the card was sent on May 28. Really?

Despite previously having been told that no expedited delivery was possible, today an agent was able to find a department who could expedite. As of today, I am to receive the card by Fedex by June 4. Talk about cutting it close...but I'm still not holding my breath that I really will get it at this point.

This is the first card I've had with Citi...and the Citi customer service experience thus far seems unimpressive when compared with Chase, Amex, Barclay, and even BofA!

Is this a spurious example of bad customer service or is this going to be typical of Citi?

monkeycard Jun 2, 2015 6:36 pm

It also took over 2 weeks to get my card.

For some reason the envelop they sent it in did not have any stamps on it. This could be the reason why.

mia Jun 3, 2015 7:50 am

...if I cancel my Prestige or Premier, will I lose points earned by either?

The best answer is, we no longer know. Until recently the points earned by a specific card expired when that card account was closed, without regard to any other open accounts. Now, Citi has removed that language from the ThankYou terms and replaced it with:

ThankYou Points accumulate and expire as described in your Citi Account materials or in ThankYou Rewards promotional materials. ThankYou Point accumulation and expiration status can be accessed on the My Point Summary section of My Account at thankyou.com. ThankYou Points contributed directly into your ThankYou Member Account are also on the My Point Summary section of My Account on thankyou.com. Unless otherwise noted in your promotional materials, Points which are contributed directly by ThankYou Rewards will expire three years from the end of the year in which they are awarded to you. Please keep the Citi Account materials and promotional materials for your records because they are part of these Citi ThankYou Rewards Terms and Conditions.
In short, you need to read and retain the printed material which accompanies your card to understand the expiration policy which applies to your account. There is no assurance that your expiration terms will be identical to another cardholder's terms if the cards were issued at different times.

pritomd Jun 3, 2015 10:06 am

Unfortunately my Prestige came in a bland white envelope instead of a welcome kit (without expanded terms and just had basic credit T&C) and my Premier hasn't come yet.

katabrax Jun 4, 2015 11:41 am

Delayed card delivery

After waiting for two weeks I called Citi. They told me that the package containing the card was returned to them! So it looks like they had a glitch and some of those packages went out without the proper postage stamp.

The first person I spoke with wanted to first send me a letter with the card number and then have me use that number to request a new card ("for security purposes").

I hung up and called later in the day. This time around I requested expedited delivery of the card and they sent it to me overnight.

For reference, my spouse's card was successfully received the first time. We both applied on the same day.