Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ninim2200
Is there currently an offer for this card with a signup bonus?

Yes:
  • 50K TYP for $4K spend/3 months, $95 AF waived for first year. Open in private/incognito window for best results.
    • Offer not available if you have opened or closed a Preferred, Premier, or Prestige card in the past 24 months.

Does anybody know when the signup bonus will increase?
    No. Please don't ask in the thread "just to double-check if anybody knows." Nobody knows.
    Can I see the number of TYP earned on an individual purchase?
    No. The best you can do is visit the Account Details page for your card to see how the merchant for a given transaction was categorized.
    What are the bonus categories for the Premier card?
    Effective April 19th, 2015, unless you are participating in a limited-time offer, you will earn:
    • 3 ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, travel agencies, gas stations, commuter transportation, taxi/limousines, passenger railways, cruise lines, bridge and road tolls, parking lots/garages, campgrounds and trailer parks, time shares, bus lines, motor home/RV rental and boat rentals;
    • 2 ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at restaurants and on select entertainment merchants, including sports promoters, theatrical promoters, movie theaters, amusement parks, tourist attractions, record stores and video rental stores; and
    • 1 ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on other purchases.
    Airlines are classified as merchants that provide air travel. Hotels are classified as merchants that provide sleeping or meeting room accommodations, and may include goods and services that are on a bill for these accommodations by a hotel, motel or inn. Car rental agencies are classified as merchants that provide short-term or long-term rentals of cars. Travel agencies are classified as merchants that provide travel information and booking services, and include travel aggregators and tour operators. Gas stations are classified as merchants that sell fuel for consumer use and may or may not be attended. Commuter transportation is classified as merchants that provide suburban and local mass passenger transportation over regular routes and on regular schedules, including ferries, commuter railways and subways. Taxis/limousines are classified as merchants that provide passenger transportation services for hire and includes horse-drawn cabs and carriages, bicycle taxis, aerial tramways, airport shuttles or cable cars. Passenger railways are classified as merchants that primarily provide long-distance transportation and may include overnight accommodations on the train. Cruise lines are classified as merchants that provide passenger transportation on the open sea or inland waters for the purpose of vacation or pleasure and operate predefined and advertised routes. Bridge and road tolls are classified as merchants who collect fees associated with toll roads, highways and bridges. Parking lots/garages are classified as merchants that provide temporary parking services for automobiles, usually on an hourly, daily or monthly contract or fee basis. Campgrounds and trailer parks are classified as merchants that provide overnight or short-term campsites for recreational vehicles, trailers, campers, or tents. Timeshares are classified as retailers that sell, lease, and rent timeshare real estate and arrange timeshare condominium exchanges. Bus lines are classified passenger bus transportation services that operate on a regular schedule over predetermined routes. Motor home and recreational vehicle rentals are classified as merchants that rent motor homes, RVs, pop-up campers, tent trailers, and other recreational vehicles on a daily, short-term, or extended-term basis. Boat leases and boat rentals are classified as merchants that primarily provide boat rental and leasing services, including fishing boats, non-crew houseboats, sail boats, powerboats, jet skis, and yachts.

Restaurants are classified as dining establishments that primarily prepare food and drinks for immediate consumption by consumers, either on the merchant’s premises or packaged for takeout, and include bars, cocktail lounges, discotheques, nightclubs, taverns and fast food restaurants. Sports promoters are classified as merchants that operate and promote live sporting events (professional or semi-professional), and may also include sports stadiums. Theatrical promoters are classified as merchants that operate live theatrical productions or concerts, and include ticketing agencies. Movie theaters are classified as establishments that sell tickets and refreshments for movie productions. Amusement parks (including zoos, circuses and aquariums) are classified as establishments that operate parks or carnivals and offer mechanical rides and games and/or live animal shows. Tourist attractions and museums (including art galleries) are classified as establishments that operate attractions and exhibits for tourists. Record stores are classified as establishments that sell CDs and related items, including online record stores. Video rental stores are classified as merchants that rent DVDs and/or games and related equipment for consumer use, including online video rentals.

We do not determine how merchants or establishments are classified, however, they are generally classified based upon the merchant's primary line of business. We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. Purchases not eligible to receive the additional ThankYou Points include, but are not limited to, purchases made at warehouse clubs, discount stores, department stores and convenience stores.
    You may earn ThankYou Points as long as your Card Account is open and current. If your Card Account is closed, you will not be able to earn ThankYou Points and you will lose any accumulated ThankYou Points that have not been transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. Balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, returned purchases, disputed or unauthorized purchases/fraudulent transactions, finance charges, Card Account fees, and fees for services and programs you elect to receive through us do not earn ThankYou Points unless otherwise specified.

If you do not already have a ThankYou Rewards Member Account ("ThankYou Member Account"), one will be set up for you. ThankYou Points earned from purchases post to your Card Account at the close of each billing cycle, and at that time we will transfer the ThankYou Points you earned to your ThankYou Member Account. (Bonus ThankYou Points may take one to two additional billing cycles to post to your Card Account.) ThankYou Points are not eligible for redemption until they are transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. ThankYou Points may not be redeemed and may be lost if your Card Account is not open or current.
    What happens to my TY points if I close my card account?
Print Wikipost

Citi Premier MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:53 pm

I got approved for the premier today, but only getting a 40k typ offer....
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by teddy25
Anyone has an active 50k link?
Here you go.

Applied on that link last week. Got approved with a 10k CL.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by porphyra
Here you go.

Applied on that link last week. Got approved with a 10k CL.
Landing page looks OK, but I get an error page when clicking on the app link. Others seeing the same?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Landing page looks OK, but I get an error page when clicking on the app link. Others seeing the same?
You are right. Just tried and it errors out. It worked for me last week. I guess add it to another expired 50k link. Bummer.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:54 am

When logging in to my Citi account today, I saw this link for 50,000 points after $3500 spend in 3 months. It seems to be targetted though. If I open the link in an Incognito window, the offer is only for 40,000 points.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by mbjorklu
When logging in to my Citi account today, I saw this link for 50,000 points after $3500 spend in 3 months. It seems to be targetted though. If I open the link in an Incognito window, the offer is only for 40,000 points.
Added to wiki with suitable caveat.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:31 pm

Anyone have luck getting Citi to pull a different bureau than the one they want initially?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:16 am

When Do TYPs Expire Now?

Citi mailed us a new set of T/C. It included a new policy on when points expire. It used to be that they expired shortly after you cancel your card. But it sort of seemed to say that isn't the case anymore. But the wording was too vague to be sure that's what it meant. Anyone know what the exact new expiration policy is now?

I want to keep my first card open for 18 months, apply for card number 2, then cancel both of them as soon as the sign up bonus posts to reset the 18 month clock. And I'd rather not have to quickly transfer the points to keep them from expiring. But I certainly don't want to lose them either.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
... seemed to say...
Click here: https://www.thankyou.com/tc.jspx?cmp...r|ty-term-cond
Click: Points Expiration and Forfeiture
Read:

LOSS OR SUSPENSION OF POINTS

This section tells you when you may not be able to use Points that you've already earned or received.

You Close Your Citi Account. If you have Points, and you voluntarily close your Citi Account, you must use your Points within 60 days after closing your accounts, or you'll lose them.

We Close Your Citi Account. If you have Points, and we close your Citi Account for any reason other than inactivity, you'll lose your Points immediately. If we close your account solely due to inactivity, you'll have 60 days from the closure date to use your Points, or you'll lose them.

TIP:

If you have multiple Citi Accounts associated with only one ThankYou Account at the time one of your Citi Accounts is closed, you'll lose only the Points that you earned with the closed Citi Account.

All Your Citi Accounts Are Closed. If all your Citi Accounts are closed, we'll close your ThankYou Account. As described above, depending on the reason a Citi Account is closed, you may have a period of 60 days to use your Points before we close your ThankYou Account. Once your ThankYou Account is closed, you'll lose any remaining Points immediately.

You or We Close Your ThankYou Account. If you have Points, and your ThankYou Account is closed, you'll lose them immediately.
We Cancel the Program. If the Program is canceled, you'll have 90 days from the Program's cancellation date to redeem your Points. After 90 days, you'll lose any remaining Points.

Losing Points Due to Change in or Failure to Confirm U.S. Tax Status. To participate in the Program through use of a Citibank Checking Account you must be, and continue to be, a U.S. person under IRS regulations (i.e., a citizen or resident alien of the United States) with a valid Social Security or tax identification number and certification of U.S. tax status. If you provide us with a Certificate of Foreign Status, we'll disenroll your Citibank Checking Account, and you'll lose the Points you earned with that account. We may also request that you confirm your status as a U.S. person or correct a missing or incomplete Social Security or tax identification number. If you don't provide us with verification of this information in the form we request in a timely manner, we'll disenroll your Citibank Checking Account from the Program, and you'll lose the Points earned with that account.

Point Suspension Due to U.S. Backup Withholding Tax. If you participate in the Program through use of a Citibank Checking Account, we may suspend your ability to use Points if we believe that payments made to you using your Points are subject to U.S. backup withholding tax.

Temporary Point Suspension for Late Payment. If you make a late payment on your Card Account you may not be allowed to redeem Points you earned through that Card Account until it is current, and you request that we reinstate those Points. You can make this request on thankyou.com or by calling the ThankYou Service Center at 1-800-THANKYOU (1-800-842-6596).
Loss upon Death. You will lose your Points upon your death, and your estate, successors and assigns have no property rights or other legal interests in such Points, except under this circumstance:
Cash Rewards Option.If we receive a written request within one (1) year of your death from the executor or administrator of your estate, along with evidence satisfactory to us of your death and the identity and appointment of the executor or administrator, we can allow Points remaining in your ThankYou account to be redeemed for Cash Rewards. Contact the ThankYou Service Center at 1-800-THANKYOU (1-800-842-6596) for more information.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Just checked my targeted offers today - 50,000 TYP after 3K spend - have 0 cards, contemplating between this and the Aadvantage.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
Just checked my targeted offers today - 50,000 TYP after 3K spend - have 0 cards, contemplating between this and the Aadvantage.
It's a nice way to diversify and more valuable if you have a lot of miles with AA. If you are low on miles the 50k miles are probably worth.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Click here: https://www.thankyou.com/tc.jspx?cmp...r|ty-term-cond
Click: Points Expiration and Forfeiture
Read:
Are these the NEW T/Cs, or the old not-yet-updated T/Cs?

Because as I said, last week I got a pamphlet snail mailed to me with "new" T/Cs. I didn't even keep it, since I couldn't make sense of what it said. Now wish I had kept it so I could post it here word for word, so we could all be confused.

I can definitely say if it had been as clear as what you posted, I wouldn't have had any questions at all. But maybe I just mis-read it.

Does anyone have a copy to post any relevant changes here? Or perhaps to demonstrate my lack of reading comprehension.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:19 pm
mia

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Are these the NEW T/Cs, or the old not-yet-updated T/Cs?
These are relatively new, I posted about them in mid-November. I saved the mailing, but I am travelling this week and do not have it with me.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:41 pm

Just edited the wiki. My targeted offer is 50k for 3.5k spending, but it DOES waive the first year AF.

Did anyone confirm that they got the 50k offer but with no AF waiver?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:54 pm
mia

Originally Posted by mia
...I saved the mailing, but I am travelling this week and do not have it with me.
I now have access to the printed terms and they are the same as on the website. See page 32.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.