Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

My AF just hit on my Prestige, and I forgot they charge $50 for AUs. I have my wife on there because of the Companion Pass benefit, but with that gone, is there really any reason to pay that extra $50?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:00 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by roki
My AF just hit on my Prestige,
I was charged $450, which is more than last year, but I do recall receiving a notice. No itemized charge for AU. No banking relationship.

Is the separate Priority Pass membership useful for your wife?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
I was charged $450, which is more than last year, but I do recall receiving a notice. No itemized charge for AU. No banking relationship.

Is the separate Priority Pass membership useful for your wife?
Nope. Technically, I haven't even used that benefit. When traveling together, we usually go to the Admiral's Club, and she doesn't even want to go to lounges when she's traveling alone. She sits at the gate because she's more comfortable knowing she's where she needs to be. Worried she'll miss a gate change or misjudge how long it takes, etc (happened one time years ago and ever since!). So, long story short, no, PP doesn't do anything for her.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:28 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mia
mia- were you previously grandfathered into an old fee structure? Just curious what the reason for the increase was.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:13 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dw
mia- were you previously grandfathered into an old fee structure?
I find no emails mentioning the annual fee at the transition from Chairman to Prestige, nor any email mentioning the increase. I suppose these were paper notices. I will have to look to see if we still have them. I recently shredded most of the 2014 credit card paper accumulation, but I did save some.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by roki
My AF just hit on my Prestige, and I forgot they charge $50 for AUs. I have my wife on there because of the Companion Pass benefit, but with that gone, is there really any reason to pay that extra $50?
I wish they offered a no fee authorized user option without the Priority Pass benefit.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nick92
I wish they offered a no fee authorized user option without the Priority Pass benefit.
I'm a little hesitant to call, because my card is grandfathered at an old rate. Even with the AU, it's less than the annual airfare credit. I don't want them to change it on me!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:47 pm

@roki, don't blame you.

Spoke with Prestige today, new cards going out next month with a darker colored mag stripe. Apparently this is the only change, which it great because I love the card design. I can't imagine the stripe being any darker unless they make the rest of the card lighter to improve the contrast.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
@roki, don't blame you.

Spoke with Prestige today, new cards going out next month with a darker colored mag stripe. Apparently this is the only change, which it great because I love the card design. I can't imagine the stripe being any darker unless they make the rest of the card lighter to improve the contrast.
I wish they would make it a metal card like the Ritz CC. But I think its impossible since they have that transparent blue arc.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:28 pm

@roki, don't blame you.

hmm ... not sure what a darker colored mag stripe would solve ... the problem, at least from my experience is that one: the stripe is not on the back and only appears on the front and two: the stripe is on the bottom as opposed to the top like most cards.

At least for me when the cashier swipes and it doesn't register, they turn to the back to look for the stripe. It doesn't dawn on them to look at the front.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by docbert
I'm off to Singapore/Australia tomorrow so I'll see how well people there handle it given they are very much C+P countries.
After about 5 days in Singapore, almost every single person I've given this card to has tried to swipe it. They look at the "front" of the card, don't see a chip, so start swiping away. Of course, the swipe fails as they were swiping the wrong area.

So even once the US goes to chip+pin/sign, the design still sucks.

So far I've only had one place where I wasn't able to use the card at all, which is to add value to my EzLink card (used for public transport). The kiosks allow you to select either swipe or chip. Swiping doesn't work as it then asks you to use the chip. The Chip doesn't work as it enforces the use of a pin.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Originally Posted by docbert
After about 5 days in Singapore, almost every single person I've given this card to has tried to swipe it. They look at the "front" of the card, don't see a chip, so start swiping away. Of course, the swipe fails as they were swiping the wrong area.

So even once the US goes to chip+pin/sign, the design still sucks.

So far I've only had one place where I wasn't able to use the card at all, which is to add value to my EzLink card (used for public transport). The kiosks allow you to select either swipe or chip. Swiping doesn't work as it then asks you to use the chip. The Chip doesn't work as it enforces the use of a pin.
This worries me, as someone who recently applied for the card and travels to Asia frequently. I hope Citi can "get it together" regarding the card design!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:45 pm

I met someone the other night who works in marketing at Citi (not on the Prestige card product team) and she had definitely heard about the Prestige card design being a sore point.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
When traveling in Brazil, Argentina, and Chile recently I just handed people the card chip side up. There were no issues with it being chip and signature, and it took the whole mag stripe out of the equation. Would be really helpful with this crappy design if US places started doing chip transactions. Haven't tried it in Asia or Europe, though.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
I wish they would make it a metal card like the Ritz CC. But I think its impossible since they have that transparent blue arc.
I don't like the design of a new Prestige. The card is less than 6 months old, and the paint on a front and back is peeling off already. The cashiers can't figure out where where the magnetic strips is, but it's going away pretty soon with mandatory EMV chip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.