Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:36 pm

Just wanted to post a couple of data points:

1) My wife and I applied for the Prestige and got them in mid-July. In the first statement:

2a) I spent about $3550 + AF = $4000. Of that amount, about $350 was on airfare, and $350 was credited back by the merchant.

2b) I got the $250 airline credit on the first statement itself (purchase posted on 8/10 and credits on 8/12).

2c) I had about $2900-2950 in net purchases: $3550-350 from the merchant = $3200-250 credit = $2950ish.

2c) I still got the 50k bonus. With the AF the total bill on the first statement was about $3400 ($3401 IIRC).

3a) My wife spent about $1500 during the same time, about $300 on airfare. But while I had a single purchase that was above $250, she did not; she had $140 + $160 (or so)

3b) She did not get the $250 credit (yet). Airfare purchases posted on 8/9.

For what it's worth.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Does the Citi prestige have the 18 month rule?

Does the Citi prestige have a 18 month rule of waiting between approval/ closing?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Yes:

Earn 50,000 Bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases
Bonus ThankYou® Points can be earned by new Citi Prestige® cardmembers approved through this offer. To receive bonus points, make $3,000 in purchases within 3 months of account opening. Balance transfers, cash advances, fees, interest and items returned for credit also do not qualify as an eligible purchase. Once these points post to your account, you may redeem them for great rewards, including $500 in gift cards. To redeem points, visit thankyou.com or call 1-800-THANKYOU (1-800-842-6596). Bonus ThankYou Points not available if you have had a Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 18 months.
https://www.citi.com/credit-card-det...-cards&afc=14Z
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by deant
Searched and did not find the answer. What happens if you purchase a refundable airline ticket, get the statement credit and then have to cancel the airline ticket. Does Citi ignore the refund or do they take back the statement credit?
I, too, have searched and not found any reports of what happens. Now I'm in the same boat as the OP - looks like I might have to cancel a ticket for a full refund, and am wondering if Citi will somehow yank the $250 credit. (I have no other airline charges this year on this card.)

Anyone know what Citi will do?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Smile Automatic denial = success

I had read several past postings about folks getting the flat-out denial after on-line application... and then the card showing up, or otherwise discovering they had gotten the card.

But since I hadn't seen one of these postings lately, I have to admit that I was starting to sweat it after my wife got the "Sorry, no soup for you" on-line response and then silence. We did hold on, and six days later (= 4th business day following) a welcome to Citi Prestige e-mail (and obscene credit line -- I had been wondering whether not first reducing her Premier line had messed things up) has shown up.

So keep the faith!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I had read several past postings about folks getting the flat-out denial after on-line application... and then the card showing up, or otherwise discovering they had gotten the card.

But since I hadn't seen one of these postings lately, I have to admit that I was starting to sweat it after my wife got the "Sorry, no soup for you" on-line response and then silence. We did hold on, and six days later (= 4th business day following) a welcome to Citi Prestige e-mail (and obscene credit line -- I had been wondering whether not first reducing her Premier line had messed things up) has shown up.

So keep the faith!
Yeah, mrs. snic was also denied with an online message a few days ago, but when she called she was told the card was on the way with a jaw-dropping credit line. I think we'll just take our Prestige cards and abscond to Thailand, where we could live like kings for a few years on that amount of credit . (Just kidding, Citi, if you're reading this.)
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Questions about buying airline giftcards and miles have been combined with similar questions from other threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...t-benefit.html
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:28 pm

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but does anyone know how long it generally takes for the bonus points to show up in your account? I met the minimum spend in 2 weeks, paid the bill early, and my statement closed last Wednesday. One of their reps said the points would be there within a few days but still nothing. I have a flight on hold for two weeks (Air France) and need to get the points posted soon so I can transfer them. Any info about timing would be appreciated. Also, has anyone ever successfully gotten then to "push" the points through earlier than they otherwise might appear?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:36 pm

No Airline credit for WOW air purchase

One data point:

Bought couple of airline tickets from WOW air. Have been told that WOW air posts as *travel operator* and their merchant code does not qualify for airline travel credit.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:30 pm

whats the chance for a 100k offer coming soon?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by WantsAmex
whats the chance for a 100k offer coming soon?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:01 am
Suspended

Is the $250 airline credit automatic after purchase or do I need to call/email? Also, if I spend $20 or so on a Southwest ticket because the rest was covered with miles, will Citi issue a $20 credit automatically with $230 remaining?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Is the $250 airline credit automatic after purchase or do I need to call/email? Also, if I spend $20 or so on a Southwest ticket because the rest was covered with miles, will Citi issue a $20 credit automatically with $230 remaining?
Just made my first airline charges (3 separate charges totalling $130) in August. The credit from Citi was processed automatically on the day the statement was generated. Statement shows that I've used $130 of the $250 credit.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MellieAZ
Just made my first airline charges (3 separate charges totalling $130) in August. The credit from Citi was processed automatically on the day the statement was generated. Statement shows that I've used $130 of the $250 credit.
Good deal, thanks! ^
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:51 pm

Applied and approved just now after moving credit around. Told it would take up to 7 days to receive the card.

Does anyone know if this is just the standard garbish. I am hoping the card will arrive by Saturday as I have an awards booking on hold till September 12th.

Anyone received the card earlier than 7 days?

Last edited by metoo; Sep 8, 2015 at 7:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.