Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch

So for the very same reason, it's safer to wait 25 months instead of 24 months, should Citi make an error.

First, check your welcome letter (which comes separately from, and usually before, the card) and see it mentions the signup bonus. If so, great.

If not, and yet there's no language saying "you didn't qualify for the bonus", wait until you activate and have an online account, and see if you've got an online tracker telling you have much more spend you have to do in how much time. If so, great.

If not, at that point contact customer service. Don't ask them if you have a bonus on your account (that encourages them to guess at a simple "yes" or "no" answer, which could be wrong), ask them by what date you have to finish how much spend to get the bonus points. Asking that way forces them to look up if you truly have a bonus attached to your account, and give you specifics about it. Only if at that point they tell you, sorry, you have no bonus, do you know you didn't qualify.
I'm working on a Prestige >> 25 months >> Premier now. No bonus info on letter, no tracker on account. However I just chatted with CS using your suggested language and they said "the bonus offer ... [50k/$4k/3m] ... is successfully enrolled". Note that I didn't specifically ask if it was enrolled, or say what the offer was, I just asked for the deadline and spend req. So I'm hopeful.

Originally Posted by dukerau
So to the best of the crowdsourced knowledge here, it seems Citi considers the Citigold Prestige ($350 AF) a different product from the Citi Prestige, right? In other words, if your Prestige was "upgraded" to Citigold upon opening a Citigold checking account, that resets the 24 month clock? In my case, I:
  • Opened Citi Prestige 7/29/15
  • First statement 8/26/15
  • Opened Citigold ~10/2015
  • New $350 posted and first "Citigold" Prestige statement on 11/23/15

If we're reading the tea leaves correctly, it seems I need to wait until 11/24/17 to open a new Prestige/Premier?
This would mess me up as I'm only 23 months out from CitiGold fee decrease. Stay tuned, but I'm hopeful based on the above.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, AAdvantage, Chase Ultimate Rewards, IHG Rewards Platinum
So I applied for my second prestige card last month (after 24 months), however I got a letter of rejection stating "too many recent credit inquiries" on my credit report (Experian - probably about 5/6 months and 13/12 months for credit inquiries). I haven't opened or closed any Citi Thankyou family product within the last 24 months.

I called Citi reconsideration and the CSR said she got the same message on the computer and she can't do anything.

Doctorofcredit says that writing and mailing in a physical copy for reconsideration has higher chances of approval. Does anyone have advice/data points on this? Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Quikarmani
So I applied for my second prestige card last month (after 24 months), however I got a letter of rejection stating "too many recent credit inquiries" on my credit report (Experian - probably about 5/6 months and 13/12 months for credit inquiries). I haven't opened or closed any Citi Thankyou family product within the last 24 months.

I called Citi reconsideration and the CSR said she got the same message on the computer and she can't do anything.

Doctorofcredit says that writing and mailing in a physical copy for reconsideration has higher chances of approval. Does anyone have advice/data points on this? Thanks!
Yeah, write to EO office. Or call

I would do that after I exhaust the usual recon options.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, AAdvantage, Chase Ultimate Rewards, IHG Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by gnomey
Yeah, write to EO office. Or call

I would do that after I exhaust the usual recon options.
I did call recon once already and the CSR said that it is an auto-decline because of "too many credit inquiries". My thought was that HUCA would not be useful in this situation. Do you have experience with this? Should I try recon again?

Thanks for the advice!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Quikarmani
I did call recon once already and the CSR said that it is an auto-decline because of "too many credit inquiries". My thought was that HUCA would not be useful in this situation. Do you have experience with this? Should I try recon again?

Thanks for the advice!
Perhaps you are subject to the 6/6 rule, or some other soft rule. I am not sure. If it is the # credit inquiries being the reason for rejection, then i dont think recon to EO will help either - based on personal experience, I can say that.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
Perhaps you are subject to the 6/6 rule, or some other soft rule. I am not sure. If it is the # credit inquiries being the reason for rejection, then i dont think recon to EO will help either - based on personal experience, I can say that.
790+ credit and I got rejected for the same reason. Was looking to purchase a co-op a few months ago (decided to wait), and so I had a full hard pulls because of that. Called citi reconsideration, and they just read off a script how they couldn't approve me. Called the EO and they were extremely helpful. Wrote a personal note to the credit agency responsible for approval explaining the situation and they got approved within the same day. Then I requested an increase, and they increased my credit limit to exactly what I asked for. The EO really did a stellar job.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Anyone getting the runaround from Citi when applying for the Prestige? I have several Citi CC products with lots of credit (the bulk of which was via Citi voluntarily increasing the limits for me) but when I applied for the Prestige, Citi has given me the runaround for a few weeks now, first using address verification as an excuse - despite that I'm using the same address I'm using for my other Citi CCs. They've obfuscated and obstructed at every turn, and now that I've "passed" address verification, Citi is requesting income verification (which they never mentioned before).

Don't know if it's because Citi doesn't want new Prestige cardholders or doesn't want to give the 75k bonus (that's how long ago they have been giving me the runaround - I applied when it was still active), I got annoyed enough I just withdrew my application today. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:21 pm

All offers gone
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:14 pm

Important!

If you have had fraudulent activity on your Citi Thankyou Premiere card in the last 24 months, you will not automatically receive your sign-up bonus!

Citi considers a card closed & reopened due to fraudulent activity a "closed account." You will have to call, explain the situation, and they will submit a request which will take a ~week to get approved. You cannot do this online.

(This is due to the fact that if you have closed/opened certain accounts within 24 months of signing up for the prestige, you will not receive the bonus.)
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by artoonie
Important!

If you have had fraudulent activity on your Citi Thankyou Premiere card in the last 24 months, you will not automatically receive your sign-up bonus!

Citi considers a card closed & reopened due to fraudulent activity a "closed account." You will have to call, explain the situation, and they will submit a request which will take a ~week to get approved. You cannot do this online.

(This is due to the fact that if you have closed/opened certain accounts within 24 months of signing up for the prestige, you will not receive the bonus.)
Ugh I had a feeling this might be an issue, since my fraudulent prestige account shows as “closed” on my account. I have waited over 24 months, and before openeing the card again, would you recommend calling and explaining before I open the new card, or after I open? Also, what are you trying to actually explain to them, because I feel like this would go over the heads of all the reps...
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:05 am

i didn't have time to look for other offers; i found 40k-4k spending, i added to the wiki.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Important!

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Ugh I had a feeling this might be an issue, since my fraudulent prestige account shows as “closed” on my account. I have waited over 24 months, and before openeing the card again, would you recommend calling and explaining before I open the new card, or after I open? Also, what are you trying to actually explain to them, because I feel like this would go over the heads of all the reps...
same here, fraud on prestige, with the addition of a premier accidentally closed by agent (reopened and assured it didn’t reset the clock). My 24 months is here and I’ll have to explain both of these.

OP: did you do it before or after the app?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:36 pm

Important!

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Originally Posted by frudd38
same here, fraud on prestige, with the addition of a premier accidentally closed by agent (reopened and assured it didn’t reset the clock). My 24 months is here and I’ll have to explain both of these.

OP: did you do it before or after the app?
Oh boy, this is getting disturbing. Now we also have to worry about 1) fraudulent activity -> closure, 2) accidental closure by incompetent CSR, that will reset the 24 months clock?

We also have to worry about other factors that will reset this clock. See here ​​​​​​https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29068268-post979.html

I hope they dont start considering a change of card number (e.g., if you misplaced or lost your card somewhere) to be another factor that will reset the 24 months clock.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by stleusc
Card arrived today in the mail. No mention of offer anywhere. Took from 10/1 till today to get the card, not that bad!

Anyway, now with the card in hand I called Citi one last time and they again confirmed without hesitation that the 75k offer was on the card and the date I have until I need to meet my spend.

So my 'datapoint' would be.... Applied on 9/30/2015 EST and then again on 10/1/2017 12:12am EST (which got me approval email stating I got approved 9/30/2017 since they are in CST) and got the offer both times!

Which makes sense to me since 24 month or 2 years means 9/30/15, 9/30/17, 9/30/19, etc. And it seems like Citi counted the same way.

Moot point now since the offer is gone. Seems like I also cut it close on that part!

Good luck.
Final update...
Met minimum spend 2 days ago, statement closed yesterday and 75k points posted to my account.
So I had cut it close, but not toooo close ;-)

Good luck everyone.
aradisc likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by aradisc
I'm working on a Prestige >> 25 months >> Premier now. No bonus info on letter, no tracker on account. However I just chatted with CS using your suggested language and they said "the bonus offer ... [50k/$4k/3m] ... is successfully enrolled". Note that I didn't specifically ask if it was enrolled, or say what the offer was, I just asked for the deadline and spend req. So I'm hopeful.
This would mess me up as I'm only 23 months out from CitiGold fee decrease. Stay tuned, but I'm hopeful based on the above.
Update: I got the signup bonus. CitiGold AF conversion appears to have not been an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.