Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:15 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
hmm all the links in the wiki seem to be dead... well atleast the 75k & 40k.. the middle link works but goes to the current Citi Prestige offer which is literally just the card w/no sign up bonus. yep 0 pts for a $450 price.

anyone know of or have another working link? I know some folks spider crawl or codify zombie links, keep em as reserve when current links die. would appreciate one right about now.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
I think it MUST be on Dec cut. Nov ~30 AF will get you a Jan ~30 cut, which is way too late for a final SC and AF refund. I also don't believe Prestige prorates, but I haven't followed up on that.
Yeah. So i think back to what i said originally that AF must be on Dec 1 or later. I thought Citi does prorate, but I havent done this before since the AF card I have with Citi - I renew them every yr and willingly pay the AF, or get a sweet retention to offset.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by FTR 787
hmm all the links in the wiki seem to be dead... well atleast the 75k & 40k.. the middle link works but goes to the current Citi Prestige offer which is literally just the card w/no sign up bonus. yep 0 pts for a $450 price.

anyone know of or have another working link? I know some folks spider crawl or codify zombie links, keep em as reserve when current links die. would appreciate one right about now.
This sucks. The 75K link was working yesterday. Was hoping to apply tomorrow. Not sure is it some IT bug - maybe wait a day to see what happen
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:13 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by stleusc
Well, I'm not known for being patient . I received UPS notice of delivery for tomorrow, so I figured that is either card or welcome letter but in either case it should also mean that the card number and other things SHOULD be in their system now, right? So out of the options given in one of the posts the only thing I could do is call customer service. The automatic system recognized me based on last 4 of new number including new security word. Good! I reached a rep and ask: until when do I have to meet the minimum spend for my bonus points. Answer was: you need to spend 7.5k for 75k points and you have until 1/14/18 to do so.
Card arrived today in the mail. No mention of offer anywhere. Took from 10/1 till today to get the card, not that bad!

Anyway, now with the card in hand I called Citi one last time and they again confirmed without hesitation that the 75k offer was on the card and the date I have until I need to meet my spend.

So my 'datapoint' would be.... Applied on 9/30/2015 EST and then again on 10/1/2017 12:12am EST (which got me approval email stating I got approved 9/30/2017 since they are in CST) and got the offer both times!

Which makes sense to me since 24 month or 2 years means 9/30/15, 9/30/17, 9/30/19, etc. And it seems like Citi counted the same way.

Moot point now since the offer is gone. Seems like I also cut it close on that part!

Good luck.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:30 pm

75K link seems dead. Any new link?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: UR, RR, MileagePLus, Dividend Miles (R.I.P), AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, Skymiles
As of now the 75k splash page works but the application link does not. Assuming this offer (or another one I want) gets up and running again soon, here's my question:

I opened a Thank You Premier account on 10/26/15.

We're delighted to let you know you've been approved for the Citi ThankYou Premier Card, with a credit limit of $XXX. Your account is considered open as of today, 10/26/15.
I got a retention offer after the first year and kept the card. So I could apply for the Prestige on 10/27 and I would be eligible for the bonus. HOWEVER, at some point in the last 2 years Citi fraud detection closed the card and sent a new one with a different account number. Will Citi count this date as the start of the 24 month timer, or when I was first approved for the card?

Last edited by valuetactics; Oct 12, 2017 at 7:20 am
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:03 am

Data points:

Applied first Prestige: August 2015
Received bonus: November 2015
Applied second Prestige: Around September 10, 2017, met spend immediately
First statement close: Yesterday
Bonus on second card: Showed up today.

No other thank you products in last two years.

So, it worked as it is supposed to. Also annual fee posted as $350 due to citigold on both cards.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by lkar
Data points:

Applied first Prestige: August 2015
Received bonus: November 2015
Applied second Prestige: Around September 10, 2017, met spend immediately
First statement close: Yesterday
Bonus on second card: Showed up today.

No other thank you products in last two years.

So, it worked as it is supposed to. Also annual fee posted as $350 due to citigold on both cards.
Stupid question: why maintain 2 cards, 2 AF's?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by diver858
Stupid question: why maintain 2 cards, 2 AF's?
The first card needs to be open to get the bonus the second time. The terms state that you cannot receive a bonus if you have opened or closed a thank you product in the last 24 months. I probably could close the first Prestige now and maybe get a pro rated annual fee return, but there's no reason for me to do so -- I get a new $250 statement credit next year and I got a retention offer that gives me $50 statement credits over the next few months, which easily pays for my $350 annual fee.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:27 pm

The first card needs to be open to get the bonus the second time. The terms state that you cannot receive a bonus if you have opened or closed a thank you product in the last 24 months. I probably could close the first Prestige now and maybe get a pro rated annual fee return, but there's no reason for me to do so -- I get a new $250 statement credit next year and I got a retention offer that gives me $50 statement credits over the next few months, which easily pays for my $350 annual fee.
Same here. I renewed my Prestige last Spring. $350 AF. I didn't bother with the retention offer of $50 a billing period. Most of my spend is MS, and after fees that wouldn't save me much at all. And all of my natural spend goes to min spnd on new cards.

I'll get $250 back after Jan 1st in airline statement credits, and another $100 when I renew my Global Entry, so the AF is a wash. Then before the next AF I will open a second Prestige, then close the first one when the fee comes due.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

My first statement has closed. How long is it before my Thank You points are shown?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My first statement has closed. How long is it before my Thank You points are shown?
Mine showed up the next day, a business day.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Mine showed up the next day, a business day.
Same here.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I'll get $250 back after Jan 1st in airline statement credits, and another $100 when I renew my Global Entry, so the AF is a wash. Then before the next AF I will open a second Prestige, then close the first one when the fee comes due.
You should cancel the first one as soon as you have gotten the credits. Don't wait for the fee to come due, you want to start your clock as soon as possible. (Assuming you intend to hold onto the new Prestige for 24 months+)
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by aradisc
You should cancel the first one as soon as you have gotten the credits. Don't wait for the fee to come due, you want to start your clock as soon as possible. (Assuming you intend to hold onto the new Prestige for 24 months+)
Good point of course, but in my case, in order to have as much time to finish the $250 statement credit spend on the first card I'm wanting to wait to apply for the second one until just before the first card's AF is due. So it amounts to the same thing. Only potential problem is Citi has been dropping and then reinstating the sign up bonus for TYPs cards, so there is no guarantee of a bonus when I need it. Still between the $250 statement credit and the $100 credit for renewing Global Entry my entire $350 AF will have been refunded even if there is no bonus next year. Worst I can do is break even.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.