Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - do I undesrtand correctly that the $250 air travel credit is only to be used when on-board a plane? Are there any tricks to using it elsewhere? With chase's reserve, I was simply able to book a car rental and cancel it for their $300 annual credit

thanks
The air travel credit is for any purchase with an airline. It can be a ticket (purchased from the airline, not a third party), taxes/fees on an award ticket, checked bag fees, seat upgrade fees, or even gift cards.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:28 am

My wife has had the Prestige for a while now and we are getting close to adding me as an AU for the priority pass mostly. Periodically Citi pops up with a 2500 point bonus for AU after certain spend, it's not much but it's something we were going to do no matter what and the spend is easily within our standard spending, so free points effectively.

What I'm curious about is if they will pro-rate the AU fee on the basis of the membership year. If we are halfway into the year, do they cut the fee down? Seems unfair to have a full fee when I'm going to pay it again six months later.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by mia
Application approval does not guarantee bonus eligibility, but before you receive the physical card you will receive a letter which should confirm the bonus if you are deemed eligible.
Citi is evidently not doing this consistently. My recent welcome letter made no mention of the bonus, so I made a phone call to make sure that I was eligible.

It appears that Citi is not referencing bonuses in the welcome letter with other cards as well.

Last edited by Ratamacue; Aug 4, 2017 at 9:55 am
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:59 pm

I have a couple of timing questions. I just saw that Citi is offering a 20% transfer bonus to Asia Miles, which is where I've been planning to use my TY points. (I currently have about 90k, and my wife has 60k). The promo is good through Sep 6th. I have not applied yet for the Prestige -- have been on the fence, but the transfer bonus is enough to induce me. But, that's only assuming I can get the bonus points in time to make use of the 20% transfer bonus. (I'd have close to 290,000 Asia Miles after the Prestige bonus plus spend plus the 20% transfer bonus -- which is enough for something useful!)

So, if I apply today and am approved, it seems like 5-6 days might be the norm for the card to arrive. Today is 8/4, so say I get it by 8/10, and that I spend the $7,500 immediately upon getting it. Would the bonus points post immediately? Upon statement closing? If statement closing, when would that be? I don't normally stress about exact timing of when points will be available, but for this one it matter immensely in that I probably wouldn't even apply for the card if I don't have my points before 9/6.

Any insight from the experts is greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Ratamacue
Citi is evidently not doing this consistently. My recent welcome letter made no mention of the bonus, so I made a phone call to make sure that I was eligible.

It appears that Citi is not referencing bonuses in the welcome letter with other cards as well.
Not sure what to do now. DW applied for an AA card just days after the 24 months were up. Approval letter did not mention a bonus. So she is not planning to do any spend on it. I'm not confident that the CSR you talked with really knows if you are qualified for the bonus. It used to be they would tell people they were, which only meant they were reading the T/C of the offer they applied for, with no idea that they might not qualify for that. It will cost $33 in fees to make the spend on her new card, which is well worth it if she does in fact get the bonus. But a waste if she doesn't. And I don't feel like rewarding Citi with our spend if they just miscalculated the 24 months. Dilemma.....
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I'm not confident that the CSR you talked with really knows if you are qualified for the bonus. It used to be they would tell people they were, which only meant they were reading the T/C of the offer they applied for, with no idea that they might not qualify for that...
In my case there is no doubt about me meeting the qualifications for the bonus since I've never held any TYP cards other than the ATTAM, and it's 3 years old. I was a bit concerned that there was no mention in the welcome letter since this has been past practice, but there are a few DPs out there that indicate this is no longer the case.

I would be inclined to call. If they say your DW isn't qualified then at least you know what not to do.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:38 am

In my case there is no doubt about me meeting the qualifications for the bonus since I've never held any TYP cards other than the ATTAM, and it's 3 years old. I was a bit concerned that there was no mention in the welcome letter since this has been past practice, but there are a few DPs out there that indicate this is no longer the case.

I would be inclined to call. If they say your DW isn't qualified then at least you know what not to do.
You know that you are qualified, but we don't know if the CSR was correctly informed, or just got it right by accident. But yes, you are so right, we should call, and if they say she is qualified, it's worth MSing the spend to find out. Thank you so much for this DP ! ^
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by rbw5t
So, if I apply today and am approved, it seems like 5-6 days might be the norm for the card to arrive.
Here is my recent history: Applied and approved on 7/23; card arrived 7/27.
Today is 8/4, so say I get it by 8/10, and that I spend the $7,500 immediately upon getting it. Would the bonus points post immediately? Upon statement closing?
Points will not post immediately. IIRC (and someone please correct me if I'm mistaken) they should post when your statement closes.
If statement closing, when would that be?
My 1st statement will close 8/10, 18 days after the account was opened. Hope that helps.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:36 pm

My 1st statement will close 8/10, 18 days after the account was opened. Hope that helps.
Citi first statement dates are totally YMMV. It could be days after you receive your card, or it could be over a month.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
So to the best of the crowdsourced knowledge here, it seems Citi considers the Citigold Prestige ($350 AF) a different product from the Citi Prestige, right? In other words, if your Prestige was "upgraded" to Citigold upon opening a Citigold checking account, that resets the 24 month clock? In my case, I:
  • Opened Citi Prestige 7/29/15
  • First statement 8/26/15
  • Opened Citigold ~10/2015
  • New $350 posted and first "Citigold" Prestige statement on 11/23/15

If we're reading the tea leaves correctly, it seems I need to wait until 11/24/17 to open a new Prestige/Premier?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Anyone get the metal card? Wondering how it looks like lol
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Anyone get the metal card? Wondering how it looks like lol
THIS post from THIS thread
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau
So to the best of the crowdsourced knowledge here, it seems Citi considers the Citigold Prestige ($350 AF) a different product from the Citi Prestige, right? In other words, if your Prestige was "upgraded" to Citigold upon opening a Citigold checking account, that resets the 24 month clock? In my case, I:

If we're reading the tea leaves correctly, it seems I need to wait until 11/24/17 to open a new Prestige/Premier?
Oh, boy, I never even considered this. I didn't keep very good track of my stuff. I know that my first annual fee was $350, so I must have signed up for citigold relatively quickly.

My annual fee will post at at the end of this month. I was going to cancel the prestige to avoid paying the annual fee. I don't think the timing works out for me to apply for a new one, get it, and then see if I get the 75k in time to cancel the old one and avoid the fee.

I think my best option might be to wait for the last possible moment on the old prestige, produce change it to avoid the fee, and then wait for some datapoints whether a product change will count as a cancellation under the terms.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:08 am

I got a premier 6-2015 so I want to open another TYP card before I cancel this one. I can't close the current one until after I cancel so can I apply for another premier card? I'm considering it or the prestige. Also I have 25K points from my current card so will it be okay if I apply for a new TYP card then close the current one out the next day. Since the points are still good for 30 days I'll have time to combine and not lose it?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by dukerau

Originally Posted by lkar
Oh, boy, I never even considered this. I didn't keep very good track of my stuff. I know that my first annual fee was $350, so I must have signed up for citigold relatively quickly.

My annual fee will post at at the end of this month. I was going to cancel the prestige to avoid paying the annual fee. I don't think the timing works out for me to apply for a new one, get it, and then see if I get the 75k in time to cancel the old one and avoid the fee.

I think my best option might be to wait for the last possible moment on the old prestige, produce change it to avoid the fee, and then wait for some datapoints whether a product change will count as a cancellation under the terms.
I never thought about the Citigold angle, and, yeah, like a lot of folks we were hitting the Prestige + Premier + Citigold parlay hard summer of 2015. But, honestly, I'm going to put this pretty low on things to worry about. I don't see a bank account as a credit card product, and all that may have changed was the AF for a card. Same product.

But on to the timing thing.... On another thread I've detailed how I'm not so thrilled by the $50 back per month for seven months on $1,500 a month spend offer on the Prestige, and am coming to the conclusion that, at least for my wife's card, the play might be an application for a second Prestige card, a quick-as-we-can $7,500 spend, and then a downgrade of her first Prestige card. Anyhow, I've been trying to go to school regarding the timing of the whole thing, mostly with respect to this DoC post, but I'm confused. It looks to me that if you wait until 24 months after whatever you think your approval date was (i.e., building in a little time on the side of caution), and then wait until you are approved, and then do the spend, and then wait until the points post .... well, by that time you will almost certainly have blown through the AF posting + 30 days for getting the AF back on Prestige #1 when that is canceled or downgraded.

Any advice or experience here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.