Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
I am not sure what part of my statement is not true, but what worked for you might not work for others and what worked for me might not work for you, because it only worked for me in chrome incognito mode.
The part about the link/server figuring out if you're an existing customer or not. If that were the case it would popup the 50k for me using the VPN.

But yes, Citi IT is so inconsistent that anything is possible.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Superorb
The part about the link/server figuring out if you're an existing customer or not. If that were the case it would popup the 50k for me using the VPN.
Not necessarily. It appears that American Express no longer looks only at browser cookies and IP addresses, but also other information such as which browser you are using, the resolution of your display, and whatever else is transmitted to see if it matches an existing profile. I assume American Express did not develop these algorithms in house, and that Citi can work with the same vendor.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Does anyone know if the $350 af in-branch offer still exist? And what the bonus and spend is?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I got a weird snail mail from Prestige today. I applied and was approved for my card just under the gun on Aug 31, it came printed with the Admirals Club logo, and I've used that benefit a couple of times with no problem. The mail today said that the info in my welcome packet had been incorrect, and outlined the changes well know here - no AA club access after next year, no AA club access for new cardholders Sep 1 onwards, the change in the 4th night free calculation, and the golf. Near as I can recall, all that was specified in the original welcome packet I got.

But included in today's mail were 2 Admirals Club day passes (3/2017 expiry). Since I have club access with my card, I guess I'll give them to a friend. I wonder if the mailing was intended for those who missed the Sep 1 cutoff for club access?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by swag

But included in today's mail were 2 Admirals Club day passes (3/2017 expiry). Since I have club access with my card, I guess I'll give them to a friend. I wonder if the mailing was intended for those who missed the Sep 1 cutoff for club access?
Hang onto them when you're flying other than AA if there is an admirals lounge on the same concourse.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:50 am
mia

Originally Posted by swag
...Since I have club access with my card, I guess I'll give them to a friend. I wonder if the mailing was intended for those who missed the Sep 1 cutoff for club access?
I would hold onto the passes until you verify that a club still accepts your card. If not, redeem a pass and sort it out with Citi later.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:31 pm

I received the same mailing even though my account is considered open as of August 30. I also have the Admirals Club lounge access indicator on the card itself.

I have yet to fly AA since getting the card, so we've been using PP lounges. I came here to find out if the passes are good regardless of airline. This seems to be the case.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Does anyone know if the $350 af in-branch offer still exist? And what the bonus and spend is?
Yes. I got the card for $350 at the branch September. But I'm not sure the rep will do it for non-citigold customers.

Note: the spending requirement is $5k, one thousand more than if to apply online.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:34 pm

My Prestige AF will post on my December statement. Can I do the following:
1) make $250 in eligible airline chargers after the Dec statement closes to be reimbursed in Jan
2) convert Prestige card to Preferred card after January statement closes and retain all of my Prestige TYP's and also retrieve most of my Prestige AF

(I'm planning to apply for a Premier card in a week to receive 1.25 cents for TYP when booking flights.)
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
AF dropping to $350

I just got a snail mail it states among other things:

Lower Annual Membership Fee

And to Watch for a credit to your account

"We've credited a portion of your annual membership fee. The credit for your current membership and the new annual fee change will show on your next billing statement."

Additionally

"To show how much your business means to us we're rewarding you with 15% Relationship Bonus of Thank You points each year you are a cardmember. The relationship Bonus is calcualated as a percentage of your total purchases each year...."

On the following page it states that the new fee is $350 and $50 for additional users.

I opened my account July of this year. Using a link in the wiki for 50K points.

The letter is dated November 14, 2016
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:21 pm
mia

Originally Posted by isle-hawg
I just got a snail mail ...
This is a mistake. You will receive an apology and 1,000 points compensation. Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...l#post27493537
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm not sure why I cannot find this, but anyone know if hotels.com comes up as 3x travel with Citi Prestige? I got the extra 4x TY point offer on my Prestige card and want to be sure I maximize it.

Thanks!

Edit: Did a chat and CSR claimed they are travel agency and doesn't count towards 3x (Air and Hotel), which is a joke. Guess I will be booking with pay on check-out.

Last edited by glocklt4; Nov 29, 2016 at 8:48 am
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:06 am
mia

Originally Posted by glocklt4
...d CSR claimed they are travel agency and doesn't count towards 3x (Air and Hotel),...
This is inaccurate. Travel agencies do qualify for 3X points, read the terms of the card:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/ad...o-CitiPrestige

-- 3 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at airlines, hotels and travel agencies.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:19 am

Another Citi agent that doesn't know what they're talking about. Par for the course
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:11 am

My one-year anniversary billing statement has closed and I was billed only $150 for the annual fee. A year ago, my first annual fee was $350 - I was a Citigold customer but I am no longer. Are they going to bill me $200 more at a later date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.