Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Citi Prestige MasterCard 50-100k points after $3,000 spend.

My card showed up the day after the letter via FedEx in a very fancy but useless box.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tev9999
My card showed up the day after the letter via FedEx in a very fancy but useless box.
In mailbox or at your front door?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:03 am
Suspended

Hey folks, anyone know, if we use Prestige to buy Ambassador Status at IHG, does that count as 3x points?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Ha total bait and switch by Citi. They sent a package via UPS next day air and I assumed it was my new Prestige card. But alas it was just a letter with my pin # and telling me my card would be arriving shortly. Fraudsters.
I fully agree, total fraud on their part. I wouldn't even activate such a card. Cut it in pieces and throw it away, then call Citi and have them cancel the card. That'll show them....
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
At least on the Citi side we have room for humor. Over at Amex there's the actual real-life drama of the Gift Cards, which seems to be crowding out everything.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Applied (and was accepted for) Prestige card last Mon or Tues, i.e., 7 or 8 days ago. Called over Labor Day weekend to see where it might be at, since I had just received an e-mail saying my monthly statement had closed on the card. Problem was (is), as I told the Citi CSR, I don't have card yet. She checked it out, acknowledged that it had not yet shipped, and even that they were a little behind in making the things (cards? bento box they come in?) up, but that I should have it no later than Friday (i.e., 10 days from approval). We'll see.
No letter beforehand but box with card arrived yesterday so they were as good as their word.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:29 am

My wife got the Prestige in April and paid the $450 AF a little after that. A couple months ago, she opened a Citigold checking account so the prorated AF was refunded and a new $350 AF posted a couple weeks ago. Will she get the $350 refunded if she cancels now since it just posted?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My wife got the Prestige in April and paid the $450 AF a little after that. A couple months ago, she opened a Citigold checking account so the prorated AF was refunded and a new $350 AF posted a couple weeks ago. Will she get the $350 refunded if she cancels now since it just posted?
Anything is possible with Citi, but I highly doubt it. What they did is reduce the AF, which in fact surprises me, since she wasn't CitiGold when she applied. But the period for canceling without a fee is way past. So if she cancels now, my guess is that she will lose the card, reset the 18 month clock to the date of the cancel, and still owe the $350.

Does she spend much with any combination of airlines in any form? If she buy tickets, pays fuel surcharges, change fees, airport/security taxes, any sort of charges directly with any variety of airlines, she gets $250 in statement credits during the first calendar year she has the card, lowering the first year AF to $100. Then if she does the same thing after the first of the year, but before she has had the card a full 12 months, she gets another $250 statement credit. Do the math: $250 + $250 - $350 = $150 profit.

Next year renew the card and pay the $350 AF, and get another $250 one time statement credit, and she is still up $50 without resetting the 18 month clock to apply for another 50K card. Just after getting the second card, cancel the first, and start the whole process over again while only resetting the 18 month clock by probably a few weeks.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Welp it's 9/12 and still haven't received the Prestige card. Was approved 9/1.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:23 am

Welp it's 9/12 and still haven't received the Prestige card. Was approved 9/1.
Reports on multiple Citi cc threads that CSRs say that Citi is "really bogged down with apps, and running way behind in getting out new cards". Why that would be true, now that they have brought churning nearly to a halt, is beyond me. But anyway, it's not just you, and it's not just the Prestige, it's apparently everything Citi.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Brugge
...apparently everything Citi.
More likely it's a backlog at Gemalto, the card manufacturer for the Prestige and Premier cards. I don't know if they also make the AA, ATT or HH cards, but it may be possible to tell by looking at a recently received card. This doesn't have to do with new accounts, but rather with the attempt to reissue nearly all credit and debit cards by October.

WSJ in April: Chip-Card Rollout Has Banks, Retailers Scrambling

Card manufacturers say that they are having a hard time convincing some financial institutions that the cards take longer to make than traditional cards, especially if designs need to be altered to make room for the computer chip that is embedded on the front....
Citigroup Inc. has issued more than 12 million chip cards in the U.S., representing more than half of its portfolio. The big bank plans to start issuing chip-enabled debit cards this year, a spokeswoman said.

Last edited by mia; Sep 13, 2015 at 9:45 am
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brugge
Reports on multiple Citi cc threads that CSRs say that Citi is "really bogged down with apps, and running way behind in getting out new cards". Why that would be true, now that they have brought churning nearly to a halt, is beyond me. But anyway, it's not just you, and it's not just the Prestige, it's apparently everything Citi.
If a card didn't have an AF of $450, I'd be willing to accept a slight delay. But Citi should be taking extra care to get the Prestige cards sent out. These aren't average folks who are getting the Prestige.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:44 am
Suspended

Anyone know if Citi Prestige Concierge would be able to get me a dinner reservation at "The French Laundry?"
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:43 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Anyone know if Citi Prestige Concierge would be able to get me a dinner reservation at "The French Laundry?"
The concierge might know if they can.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:54 am

I opened Citi Gold account recently and to my surprise they reduced AF on Prestige card to $350, BUT they refunded PRORATED $450 AF back, so I got a credit of $290 and they will charge me $350 AF.
So in fact instead of saving some money I lost extra $60! Can I complain and demand reversing these fees? Why should I pay extra $60 for nothing? If they give me prorated refund, then they should charge me prorated fee!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.