Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by rooney
So a real world example. You have Citi Premier and Citi Prestige, each with ~55k TYP in separate accounts accessed via a single online account. You want to close Prestige to avoid the annual fee but keep all 110k TYP points for the foreseeable future. Do you share or merge? And if so, what's really the difference? Don't both options mean the TYP that are moved (either via sharing or merging) expire in 90 days?

And don't all TYP expire three years from the end of the year in which they are awarded to you?

Seems kind of bs-y that they expire at all because UR points don't expire.
If you want to close your Citi Prestige card account, be award that you will lose access to your TY points a few days after the account is closed. So you should transfer all your points out before you SM citi to close your card account.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
This card! I really want to make it a core card, but it's just getting ridiculous trying to use it.

I had three problems with it today - in one day!

The funniest was this poor manager who really knew his stuff about the food and asked how we found the restaurant and he was wearing an expensive model of Apple Watch. He seemed savvy and proud of it. He takes the card and he's gone too long and I realize he can't make it work. He comes back and basically blurts out "Do you have a credit card? This is not a credit card." It really was pretty funny - I can't imagine how badly he felt having to confront me. I showed him the stripe and the chip and he sighed and made it work in 15 seconds.

But, seriously Citi, this thing is actually wasting my time. Can I get the kind of physical card that doesn't put me and others in awkward situations?
LOL, I am not too ashamed to admit that I was recently at a self-checkout lane and found myself swiping this card incorrectly 2-3 times. I had just told someone about the crazy mag strip situation, to boot, so you'd think I'd be more prepared for this. I didn't realize how pre-programmed my brain is to automatically swipe a card a certain direction until this card - no conscious thought has ever been needed to swipe a debit or cc correctly. On top of that, I now I have the Premier to make min spends on, so even more swiping drama to come.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by LR2013
LOL, I am not too ashamed to admit that I was recently at a self-checkout lane and found myself swiping this card incorrectly 2-3 times. I had just told someone about the crazy mag strip situation, to boot, so you'd think I'd be more prepared for this. I didn't realize how pre-programmed my brain is to automatically swipe a card a certain direction until this card - no conscious thought has ever been needed to swipe a debit or cc correctly. On top of that, I now I have the Premier to make min spends on, so even more swiping drama to come.

Agreed that this is an issue (albeit minor). Nowadays, I just proactively anyone who'll be swiping the card that the strip is on the front, and it's reverse of the expected, and that usually works fine for their first try.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
That's what I do, too. But the most fun you can have is at the pump: you put the card in upside down and backwards!

On a more substantive note, all you people need to find something real to complain about, such as why neither Citi nor practically anyone else in the US (ex Barclays) can manage a chip & PIN card. Chip & signature just doesn't cut it at unconnected kiosks . . . sometimes.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
On a more substantive note, all you people need to find something real to complain about, such as why neither Citi nor practically anyone else in the US (ex Barclays) can manage a chip & PIN card. Chip & signature just doesn't cut it at unconnected kiosks . . . sometimes.
Spot on! ^
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:36 am

Last edited by Big_Foot; Jun 20, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by jsucool76
Mine came in on the statement for the period in which I made the charges.
I got mine in 2 calendar days but my statement also closed two days after I made the airline purchase so that may have expedited it. And it worked for SW gift cards btw.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:25 pm

Valid for Virgin Australia Tickets

I am looking to use my airline credit on paid tickets on Virgin Australia. I was feeling confidant this would work and then I started seeing some conflicting reports here and there in different threads. I saw reports it had to be >= $100 at a time, only on US airlines, etc. Just to be safe, I figured I would ask (never hurts, right?)

So, will the airline credit apply if I purchase two tickets for roughly $300 US on Virgin?

Alternatively, does anyone have experience using the credit to buy AA gift cards online? IF not, what gift cards have you bought and get the credit for?

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Something tells me Citi knows that this card is truly confusing (more problems for me yesterday):

Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:04 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Is the 50K TY points for 3k spend a standard offer, or does it end Jun 30?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by swy
Is the 50K TY points for 3k spend a standard offer, or does it end Jun 30?
Second this question.

If you were going to apply to either the Prestige or Premier card today and the other one in a month, which would you apply for first?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by starbuk
Second this question.

If you were going to apply to either the Prestige or Premier card today and the other one in a month, which would you apply for first?
Premier since the benefits are much better. 3X for gas, and for all kinds of travel expenses. That way if you only end up being able to get one of them, you've got the better one. And for those who can massively MS, if you end up having to use the original in-branch offer for the Prestige, you'll get 60K (for $15K min spn in 12 months) which is higher than the current public offer. Whereas the normal offer for the Premier is only 30K.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but Citi is beating is also with the repetitive reminders of how their moronic designers chose to lay out this card:

In addition to the sophisticated new look, the magnetic strip has been relocated from the back to the front of your Citi Prestige® Card, just above the bottom edge of the plastic. Similarly, your 16-digit credit card account number has been moved to the back of the card, directly above your Security Code.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
That's correct, so far as it goes, but if you're an AA flier -- and especially if you also bank at Citi -- the Prestige is actually much the better card, and so that's the one I'd get first in at least that circumstance.

With a Citi Gold account, and for many in-branch applicants as well, the net annual fee is only $100, and that gives you entry into the Admirals Club as well as a Priority Pass membership with guesting privileges. All your points, even those earned on the banking side, also get a 60% cash boost when used to buy AA/US tickets. Plus there's a 15% annual points "relationship" bonus. Other stuff, too.

The 3x is just on air, hotel and travel agency spending.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by starbuk
Get the Premier. With its annual fee the standard offer for Prestige should be 50k+ (should be, not saying it will be). It should also bump up to 100k from time to time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.