Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by snowboardpunk
Can this card be churned like the aa exec card? If so, same rules? 8/65 and after you hit the min. spend, you can cancel and get the fee refunded?
no this one is once per 18 months as per t&c

i guess you cancel, but then you lose ability to redeem aa at 1.6x
Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:10 am

So this has the 18 month rule, but is it still subject to the 8/65 rule? My next churn date for exec is coming up, not sure if I should go for this or another exec. Anyone done the pros and cons analysis? To me the exec still looks (marginally) better. Is everyone comfortable finding SQ or AF redemptions?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: AA, SPG
I applied Friday morning and my UPS Next Day air envelope came today. However, it's not the card. It is just the account approval notice enclosed with the card agreement, facts about fees, and privacy notice. Seems like a waste to Next Day air this info. Only says the card should be in the mail 7 days from date of the letter. Is this the case or have people been getting their cards FedEx?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Smerri
I applied Friday morning and my UPS Next Day air envelope came today. However, it's not the card. It is just the account approval notice enclosed with the card agreement, facts about fees, and privacy notice. Seems like a waste to Next Day air this info. Only says the card should be in the mail 7 days from date of the letter. Is this the case or have people been getting their cards FedEx?
Usually the T&C packet you describe comes by UPS and the card comes by FedEx. Usually within a day or so of each other.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
My AA exec card is up for renewal. I use it mostly for Admirals Club access. The way I look at it I have at least 3 options:

1. Renew, pay the $450 annual fee
2. Apply for new Exec card (#6), pay $450 on new card, cancel old card, spend $5K collect 50K AA miles
3. Apply for Prestige, pay $450, get all the $$ bennies, cancel old card, spend $3K collect 50K TYP

Option is clearly not very rewarding; is there any reason to prefer option 2 over 3?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Originally Posted by drminn
My AA exec card is up for renewal. I use it mostly for Admirals Club access. The way I look at it I have at least 3 options:

1. Renew, pay the $450 annual fee
2. Apply for new Exec card (#6), pay $450 on new card, cancel old card, spend $5K collect 50K AA miles
3. Apply for Prestige, pay $450, get all the $$ bennies, cancel old card, spend $3K collect 50K TYP

Option is clearly not very rewarding; is there any reason to prefer option 2 over 3?
From purely a signup bonus perspective, option 2 is more appealing than option 3 if you personally value 50K AA miles over 50K TYP.
The TYP are currently not transferable to AA, but you can redeem them at 1.6c each for revenue bookings on US/AA. If you travel predominantly on US/AA, then you will not be missing out on much with the Admirals Club access offered by the Prestige as opposed to Admirals Club membership on the AA Exec.

I believe you could product change the AA Exec to a Citi Doublecash (preserving account history and credit limit), apply for the Prestige for the 50K TYP bonus, and then some time later apply for an AA Platinum Personal and/or Business for that 50K AA mile bonus (or 100K AA if you get both).
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

I applied on Friday evening and received the 'Package scheduled for delivery' email this morning from UPS My Choice. Delivery scheduled for tomorrow.

So according to themicah's reply, I have to wait (hopefully just a day or twp) for the Fedex delivery for the card! Sigh!

The only reason I'm anxious to get the card soon is because I'm flying out this weekend, and this card would be very handy.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Card should be here tomorrow according to fedex.

Shipping from Jacksonville, Florida.

One cancelled shipment, and one regular shipment just like another poster here had.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by themicah
Citi in the past has typically limited customers to having only three credit card accounts open at any given time. I'm not sure if that's still their practice or not.
Not the case in my experience
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cloudybw
Sort of, but not exactly.

If you buy a $1050 AA ticket, you pay with 50,000 TYP and the remaining ($250) with your Citi prestige card.

You will be issued a $250 credit on your next Prestige statement.
Are you sure about that, as my understanding is the AA ticket is booked through their travel agent, and not directly from an airline.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by jsucool76
Card should be here tomorrow according to fedex.

Shipping from Jacksonville, Florida.

One cancelled shipment, and one regular shipment just like another poster here had.
I'm now seeing the same thing. A cancelled order and the initiated order. Should be here by 8pm tomorrow.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:28 pm

I'm now seeing the same thing. A cancelled order and the initiated order. Should be here by 8pm tomorrow.
When did you apply?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
When did you apply?
Friday morning (April 10th).
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Since I'm planning to cancel the Exec card now that I have the Prestige, I asked today about transferring the Exec card's credit line over. Basically it's no problem but will entail a "hard" credit bureau inquiry. Really?

(Some searching indicates that the answer may be, "Yes, really!")

On your question, my Prestige application (done in-branch at Citi's main office in New York) took about a week to process and, yes, they do indeed send the thing out by overnight mail without being asked and without even promising to do so. That's just the way they seem to do it.

Any insight into my question would be really helpful. Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:00 pm

Friday morning (April 10th).
Thanks for the data point!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.