Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 1:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 7Lowe
... Priority Pass. ...separate card ...
Correct, but you MAY be able to get the required information to access the lounge using the Priority Pass smartphone app.

Please see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...embership.html
Old May 6, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by 7Lowe
I just heard about this card yesterday and it sounds like such a great deal I already applied today. One thing I was curious about was the Priority Pass. A blog I read said that you get a separate card for that a few weeks after you get the credit card. I was just curious if anyone could confirm that as I have a trip in a week where I was hoping to use the lounge during the layover.
Yes, it took a few weeks for both of ours to arrive. IDK, but it's possible you can use your Prestige card for entry, since that's a known benefit of the card. It might well depend on who is at the desk when you try to check in. Certainly worth a try if your only other alternative is to hang out in the outer terminal.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
To avoid the awkward Citi Prestige approval process, I would strongly recommend applying in a local branch. Not only will the annual fee be reduced to $350, but the bankers are familiar with the gymnastics required to obtain approval real-time, are able to avoid the phone queues.
Plenty of atms, but no branches around here unfortunately. I thought about it though.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Yes, it took a few weeks for both of ours to arrive. IDK, but it's possible you can use your Prestige card for entry, since that's a known benefit of the card. It might well depend on who is at the desk when you try to check in. Certainly worth a try if your only other alternative is to hang out in the outer terminal.
It's possible to use the PP benefit before getting the actual PP card in the mail (by calling PP and asking for your membership info., and then using the mobile app), but you definitely need your PP membership number. The Prestige card, itself, isn't any good when checking in.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Thanks mia. I just checked the details for the lounge where I'll be and they don't accept the digital card so I just won't worry about it. I'll get plenty more chances to use it this year.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Make sure to check your mail right before leaving. I believe my PP card arrived on the 7th day after I was approved for the Prestige. If you call PP, perhaps they can expedite it.

(I believe the card was mailed from Dallas, but I'm not positive.)
Old May 8, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
I did not really mind that the Prestige card itself was nothing special until it broke in half on my recent trip to Spain. When I travel i use a small flexible wallet and evidently I sat on something that broke the card in half. The other two credit cards I had in my wallet were fine.
Fortunately the Admirals club in PHL was able to tape it together so I could get into the Admirals club. I have ordered a replacement (nice that you can do that online) but perhaps a card with a $450 fee could be a little more durable.
Old May 8, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Wow, your experience catches me up short, because later this month, also in Spain, I have two 4-night (4th night rebated) hotel stays made with the Prestige concierge, and of course they have to be paid for with the card. Would make for an unsettling "dog ate my homework" situation.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:53 am

One idea to help with this though, that I've done a plenty occasions, is when you get a new card, order a duplicate. It'll have the same exact number and info, and you can keep it in a separate place when you travel, in case you lose your wallet or break the card, as in this situation. Ordering a duplicate doesn't deactivate the original card or anything like that. As far as the bank is concerned, you are using 1 card. I've even heard some people do this to get around having to add an authorized user, like if they want to add a boyfriend/girlfriend, and not have it affect their credit, but I digress.

In addition, I just got my Prestige last week, and it actually came with the top layer of plastic semi chipped away. I called in and they overnighted me a duplicate, which came even more messed up to be honest - scratched and more. Not sure how two cards in a row can come deformed...

The feel of the CSP is much more superior to this card. Hopefully Citi will go in that direction, but I doubt it.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Great idea ... hadn't thought of that.

Because the Prestige does not allow AUs, I had not gotten another version of my card for my wife. This said, she does have her own Prestige (basically for AC admission flying AA); but even as I write this I can see how that would fail if used to pay fourth night free in event of a cruddy card by the person who booked the reservation (me).
Old May 9, 2016, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Great idea ... hadn't thought of that.

Because the Prestige does not allow AUs, I had not gotten another version of my card for my wife. This said, she does have her own Prestige (basically for AC admission flying AA); but even as I write this I can see how that would fail if used to pay fourth night free in event of a cruddy card by the person who booked the reservation (me).
I'm pretty sure the Prestige allows AUs - they are $50 yearly.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jsk1973
I know "churner as victim" is a developing theme here, but even a one-time 60,000-mile or 60,000-TYP bonus for signing up for a CC or opening a checking account is a great deal.

The idea that people could fly free, perhaps for their rest of their lives, by churning credit cards and buying/liquidating gift cards, was always a fantasy. Frankly, it's amazing the gravy train kept rolling for as long as it did.
+1
Old May 14, 2016, 7:48 am

where is my annual fee?

I opened the account May 1. Used the 50k offer. I already had the citi gold checking for 2 months now. My first statement hit on 13 May. I logged in to make sure they charged me $350 for being gold customer and not the regular fee of $450 but there is nothing. No charge. I thought they post it in the first statement?

I did have my original card lost by FedEx and a replacement card issue. Then the fraud team made a mistake and closed my new account and not the old one lost by FedEx. I had it closed/suspended for 10-12 hours and had to call and have it reinstated. Could that be causing the delay or am I just lucky and getting a free Prestige?:P
Old May 14, 2016, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Sometimes the AF shows up on the second statement, especially if the first billing period was short.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:15 pm
rev

Originally Posted by rev
I saw an interesting post on DOC about someone who's AF was decreased to $350 after applying online and auto-recognizing his citigold account. I've downgraded to basic, but also read that citigold AF credits sometimes still apply since the system recognizes gold for months after a conversion (and sure enough, my gold banner still appears with the citigold logo even after one month into switching to basic). It's unlikely but I'm going to keep my basic account open at least one more month to see if the fee reduces, and if it does, will post back.
Following up with this. AF posted at $350 on the second billing statement. I did not apply in-branch or contact customer service asking about the reduced AF. My Citigold was downgraded to a basic before even applying for the Prestige.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.