Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by rev
How is customer service horrible? It's a pretty simple process I can't imagine what could go wrong. The call has never taken more than a couple minutes.

As far as online goes, I linked my Prestige the other day I finally got an explanation why that never works. The rep said every piece of information needs to be exact, and usually the phone number is the culprit with formatting like (xxx) xxx-xxxx vs xxx-xxx-xxxx, or xxxxxxxxxx. North vs N, Road vs Rd, etc all screw it up, and the system requires verification because of the inconsistency. I agree that part has room for improvement.
I got the card last night and tried adding it to my online profile and it kept erroring out with no explanation.

I called in and got a guy who was either half asleep or whispering the entire time. I told him my issue and he was like "uh okay" and then cue 5-6 minutes of awkward silence. I kept asking if he needed anything from me and he would just be like "uhhh". After a bit he told me to try again and it worked but damn get some people who know how to communicate.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by phant0m
I got my UPS letter saying it was approved. God I hope the FedEx comes in today. I need to book a flight and hotel ASAP.

Citi was not at all helpful when asking for a temporary number.
I'm intrigued by your post because it sounds like a similar situation I am in. Applied for the Prestige card online very early Monday morning (~7am ET) and was approved instantly. Got an email to address I gave for the account which stated the Prestige card would be FedEx'd to me in 3-business days. That would have been yesterday, Thursday 4/7. Yesterday comes and goes and I get nothing. However, the very next day after applying I was over-nighted a package with a one-sheeter stating again I'd been approved and my card will be following this package.

A call to the customer service line was useless. Though the initial email said I'd be getting the card FedEx'd within 3-business days, the rep could not find or produce any FedEx tracking number and said that the card could take up to 18 days to arrive, but since this was a premium card it "usually comes faster."

Is this normal or do most get it within the 3-day window. I need this card for a specific purchase.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:07 am
rev

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I'm confused, you seem to be saying opposite things. Have you read about people getting a second sign up bonus with the first card still open, or not?
The original question was only if it was possible to have two TYP cards open of the same type at once, and the answer is yes.

As far as bonuses go, I have seen data points on getting the Premier bonus after 18 months with another premier open. I have not seen any data points of anyone even attempting to get the Prestige bonus a second time while having the first one still open - except MMS, who failed, because he didn't wait 18 months.

Seems to me like it should work for Prestige if you go by the t&c, but it's an expensive risk so it's reasonable we don't have any data points on it. However, the 18 month language is very clear it should be eligible.

Originally Posted by phant0m
I called in and got a guy who was either half asleep or whispering the entire time. I told him my issue and he was like "uh okay" and then cue 5-6 minutes of awkward silence. I kept asking if he needed anything from me and he would just be like "uhhh". After a bit he told me to try again and it worked but damn get some people who know how to communicate.
Wow. You got a dud employee. Hopefully that's not your experience next time you have an account to link and this is just a one-off experience.

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Is this normal or do most get it within the 3-day window. I need this card for a specific purchase.
I thought mine was screwed up too when I got an overnight package with everything except the card, and didn't receive the card until the next day. A few days ago I recall seeing somebody the same thing happened - benefits came in one or two days, then card the day after. Guess that's their system.

Last edited by rev; Apr 8, 2016 at 10:16 am
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
I'm intrigued by your post because it sounds like a similar situation I am in. Applied for the Prestige card online very early Monday morning (~7am ET) and was approved instantly. Got an email to address I gave for the account which stated the Prestige card would be FedEx'd to me in 3-business days. That would have been yesterday, Thursday 4/7. Yesterday comes and goes and I get nothing. However, the very next day after applying I was over-nighted a package with a one-sheeter stating again I'd been approved and my card will be following this package.

A call to the customer service line was useless. Though the initial email said I'd be getting the card FedEx'd within 3-business days, the rep could not find or produce any FedEx tracking number and said that the card could take up to 18 days to arrive, but since this was a premium card it "usually comes faster."

So I applied/approved Friday. I received the UPS sheet on Monday and I got the FedEx package with the card on Thursday.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:52 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Yes, of course, but my question related to being able to get the sign up bonus on a second card if I renew my first card and keep it open for 6 more months, so that I haven't opened or closed a card in over 18 months.
Unfortunately, the publicly available offer for the Prestige has now changed to a 24 month period
Old Apr 8, 2016, 11:10 am
rev

Originally Posted by dw
Unfortunately, the publicly available offer for the Prestige has now changed to a 24 month period
I just noticed that. Looks like it's 24 months for the AA cards too. Looks like Citi is making some changes...
Old Apr 8, 2016, 11:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dw
This is what I was afraid of. These banks are ruining everything.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by TMM1982
they giveth and they taketh away

offset is they have more products to choose from
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:08 pm
Suspended

It's almost like banks are trying to acquire long-term, profitable customers rather than hand out bonuses to the churner crowd.

The nerve of these people! Ha ha.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsk1973
It's almost like banks are trying to acquire long-term, profitable customers rather than hand out bonuses to the churner crowd.

The nerve of these people! Ha ha.
Couldn't care less what their goal is
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by rev
The original question was only if it was possible to have two TYP cards open of the same type at once, and the answer is yes.

As far as bonuses go, I have seen data points on getting the Premier bonus after 18 months with another premier open. I have not seen any data points of anyone even attempting to get the Prestige bonus a second time while having the first one still open - except MMS, who failed, because he didn't wait 18 months.

Seems to me like it should work for Prestige if you go by the t&c, but it's an expensive risk so it's reasonable we don't have any data points on it. However, the 18 month language is very clear it should be eligible.
Actually, no that wasn't the original question at all:

If by keeping this open, I can get a second one in 6 months with another sign up bonus, instead of waiting 18 months if I close this one now, paying the $100 is well worth it....

Anyone have data points on getting a second Prestige sign up bonus while the first Prestige is still open?
I was thinking the financial risk was fairly low. Since I have the in branch card with the $350 AF, and the $250 statement credit, it only costs $100 to renew the first card. Then if I get another card next year, it's another $350 AF, but by getting it mid year again, I get a $250 SC in 2017, and another $250 SC in 2018 from the second card. Assuming I cancel the first card immediately after being approved for the second one, I come out $50 ahead on the combined 2 cards.

Originally Posted by dw
But now that they have changed the waiting period to 24 months, the financial risk is greatly increased.

First of all, if we pay a second AF to not have closed a card in 24 months, there is nothing to prevent Citi from changing the waiting period to 36 months next year before we are able to reapply. Or even going to a AMEX-like 'once in a lifetime' rule after having suckered us into renewing the first card.

In which case I'd be out $100. Unless I don't have the airline fees in time to get the statement credit, then I'd be out $350.

Even assuming they don't change the rules again for over a year, my due date on the AF is May 1st. So I have to pay $350 now, and assume I will have $250 in airline charges by April 1st next year to get the 2017 statement credit to post before I need to cancel the first card to avoid paying the 3rd AF on it.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Even worse, the two links in the wiki are now leading to "page not found", and "system error", so it looks like they have finally figured out our zombie link strategy and killed it.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:58 pm
Suspended

First of all, if we pay a second AF to not have closed a card in 24 months, there is nothing to prevent Citi from changing the waiting period to 36 months next year before we are able to reapply. Or even going to a AMEX-like 'once in a lifetime' rule after having suckered us into renewing the first card.
Citi wouldn't have "suckered" you into doing anything.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:07 pm

Huh? Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Huh? Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
I think you mean "used to feed you".....

AMEX 'once in a lifetime', Redbird dead, Bluebird dead, Serve dead, T-M RL dead, Chase 5/24, most grocery stores no longer carry $500 GCs.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.