Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AT&T Access Card (free version)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by milypan
Yeah, funny how that change happened (to the initial consternation of many AM cardholders) just a few months ago, and now it looks like a good thing. But of course Citi can just play whack-a-mole with the different categories.

I value MR points more than TY points, but I'd still prefer 3 TY points over 2 MR points. Plus BBP is capped at $50k annual spend, right?
Yes. But if 3x TYP will not be available, then 2x MR is much better than 1x TYP. Then maybe Plastiq will introduce mobile app with mobile wallet payment option, and we will be able to utilize USB AR.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by yugi
Yes. But if 3x TYP will not be available, then 2x MR is much better than 1x TYP. Then maybe Plastiq will introduce mobile app with mobile wallet payment option, and we will be able to utilize USB AR.
I asked Plastiq about Apple Pay support a couple months ago, with USB AR specifically in mind. Their response was that they're interested in offering it, but it's not currently a focus, "stay tuned." I'm not holding my breath.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by milypan

I value MR points more than TY points, but I'd still prefer 3 TY points over 2 MR points. Plus BBP is capped at $50k annual spend, right?
Why do you value MR over TYP?

They're about the same now.

You'll still get 1500 points for every 1000 TYP transferred to Hilton, and 800 points for every 1000 TYP's transferred to Jet Blue.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Why do you value MR over TYP?

They're about the same now.

You'll still get 1500 points for every 1000 TYP transferred to Hilton, and 800 points for every 1000 TYP's transferred to Jet Blue.
I value the AmEx transfer partners a bit more (e.g., ANA). Also, going forward AmEx can cash out at 1.5 cents for travel (with Bus Plat) while Citi can only cash out at 1.25 cents for travel (with Prestige).
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:30 am

Not sure if I am missing something (regarding discontinuation) but I applied for this card yesterday on a public link on Citi's main page and was approved. 10,000 TYP's after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Not sure if I am missing something (regarding discontinuation) but I applied for this card yesterday on a public link on Citi's main page and was approved. 10,000 TYP's after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
the one you signed up for is not the "Access More" version, this one has different rewards.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by swintec
the one you signed up for is not the "Access More" version, this one has different rewards.
My bad, thanks for clarifying.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:51 pm

Does the Citi ATTA offer virtual numbers?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skanchur
Does the Citi ATTA offer virtual numbers?
Do you need the AT&T-specific benefits?

Because from an earning perspective, the Citi ATTA is now a "useless" card IMHO. It only earns 2x TYP in certain categories (and unreliably), while the Double Cash card now (effectively) earns 2x TYP on absolutely everything (so there's no worrying about what will count for 2x and what won't count for 2x).

So I don't see the point of bothering with the ATTA card unless perhaps you need one of it's AT&T-specific benefits.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Do you need the AT&T-specific benefits?

Because from an earning perspective, the Citi ATTA is now a "useless" card IMHO. It only earns 2x TYP in certain categories (and unreliably), while the Double Cash card now (effectively) earns 2x TYP on absolutely everything (so there's no worrying about what will count for 2x and what won't count for 2x).

So I don't see the point of bothering with the ATTA card unless perhaps you need one of it's AT&T-specific benefits.
Basically need to cycle the card and Citi seems to be sensitive with the DC.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skanchur
Basically need to cycle the card and Citi seems to be sensitive with the DC.
What do you mean by "cycle the card" and "seems to be sensitive with"?

As to your original question, in case you didn't see it already:

Say goodbye to Virtual Account Numbers at Citi?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What do you mean by "cycle the card"
Charge the card up to the credit limit, pay off, and repeat in the same billing cycle. Some issuers regard this as a credit risk.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I'd be skeptical that someone can cycle their credit on ATT any more than they can on the DC.

They're all running off the same technology backbone.

Even the Citi Retail Card services, although customer interface is different.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
This is surprisingly hard to find... Are the ATT cards Mastercards like most of the other Citi cards or are they Visa?
Old Oct 13, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by TyPo311
This is surprisingly hard to find... Are the ATT cards Mastercards like most of the other Citi cards or are they Visa?
Mastercard. And not World/World Elite (at least mine is not), so no cellphone protection, etc.
TyPo311 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.