Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige: Priority Pass Select membership.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige: Priority Pass Select membership.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
....Citi sent me a new card bc of fraud. Minor concern that PP didn't carry over to new account.
It isn't really a new account, just a new card number on the same account. There should be no affect on the Priority Pass membership.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
It isn't really a new account, just a new card number on the same account. There should be no affect on the Priority Pass membership.
Yes that makes sense. I hadn't thought of it like that.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:43 pm

I get that I can go in and bring in two people. My question is - can I do this multiple times a day?

1) Some lounges won't allow stay longer than 4 hours. In such case, I would want to move to a different lounge. In other words, can I and +2 go to a lounge and then after 4 hours I and +2 go to another PP lounge?

2) Can I and +2 go into a lounge, then can i leave my+2 in the lounge, take myself and another +2 to a different PP lounge in the same airport? Is this possible? Is there like a rule that makes my +2 leave when I leave a lounge?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:34 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by runb4fun
I get that I can go in and bring in two people. My question is - can I do this multiple times a day?

1) Some lounges won't allow stay longer than 4 hours. In such case, I would want to move to a different lounge. In other words, can I and +2 go to a lounge and then after 4 hours I and +2 go to another PP lounge?

2) Can I and +2 go into a lounge, then can i leave my+2 in the lounge, take myself and another +2 to a different PP lounge in the same airport? Is this possible? Is there like a rule that makes my +2 leave when I leave a lounge?
ive seen that 4 hr rule before, but never had it enforced on me despite staying longer.

question 2, ive gone into multiple lounges in the same day without getting charged, but was solo, not sure if the guests make any difference
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:57 pm

I got my PP Select card today. It basically includes 2 free guests. Apparently, PP Select is exclusively for card members and stuff.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 6:37 am
mia

Originally Posted by runb4fun
... Apparently, PP Select is exclusively for card members ...
A Priority Pass Select membership is one that is paid for by a credit card issuer. If you were to purchase a membership directly it the card would simply say Priority Pass. Originally, some lounges were excluded from the Priority Pass Select network, but now those lounges have left the Priority Pass program entirely.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:14 am

Has anyone else had problems with bringing guests with their Priority Pass from Citi Prestige?
I'm supposed to be able to bring two guests with me, but in two separate places (one in Seoul, another in Beijing), I've had the agents at the lounge tell me that I cannot.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:26 am

What is the use of the PIN, other than to log in? I wrote my PIN on the back of my card, but I know it's not needed to enter a lounge.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:34 am
mia

Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
I'm supposed to be able to bring two guests with me,
This is a billing arrangement, which means that Citi will absorb the $27 per guest fee which otherwise applies, but it does not mean that the lounge is required to admit any guests. What do the listings on prioritypass.com say? Many say: Access may be restricted due to space constraints -
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by mia
This is a billing arrangement, which means that Citi will absorb the $27 per guest fee which otherwise applies, but it does not mean that the lounge is required to admit any guests. What do the listings on prioritypass.com say? Many say: Access may be restricted due to space constraints -
Oh so how do I bring guests into the place?
should I pay for it using the Citi card and get reimbursed?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:50 am
mia

should I pay for it using the Citi card and get reimbursed?
In my opinion, unless the lounge entry says "no guests", a lounge that is willing to sell day passes should also be willing to admit Priority Pass guests, because Priority Pass pays them for every visit. Did they offer to admit the guests if you paid?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by mia
In my opinion, unless the lounge entry says "no guests", a lounge that is willing to sell day passes should also be willing to admit Priority Pass guests, because Priority Pass pays them for every visit. Did they offer to admit the guests if you paid?
I wasn't sure how Priority Pass guests thing worked, so I just didn't go in with my friends when I was told no at one place or that I would be charged at another.

I assume that lounge front desk employees are not always going to know how Priority Pass works, so I suppose I should insist to pay since Citi Prestige will reimburse up to two guests; does that work automatically?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:14 pm

the priority pass select paper that comes with PP says 2 guest free. I assume you'll never have to use your credit card. If somehow, under some circumstance you do have to use your credit card, then use Prestige and call Citi and have them pay you the cost of those two passes.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:55 am
mia

I assume that lounge front desk employees are not always going to know how Priority Pass works
They never know if you will be billed for guests. The lounge will bill Priority Pass for your visit and all guests. The lounge cannot know if those charges are passed through to you. There are several different "levels" of Priority Pass membership, and variants of those created to suit specific sponsors.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by mia
They never know if you will be billed for guests. The lounge will bill Priority Pass for your visit and all guests. The lounge cannot know if those charges are passed through to you. There are several different "levels" of Priority Pass membership, and variants of those created to suit specific sponsors.
Right, so what is supposed to happen then?
Do the Priority Pass members (let's say, Prestige card holders) just let them charge the members and Citi will take care of it?
I understand that the lounge doesn't know who is paying in the end but who pays at the lounge front desk?
It's quite confusing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.