Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Credit Card Reconsideration Reports [Consolidated]

Citi Credit Card Reconsideration Reports [Consolidated]

Old Jan 16, 12, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Citi Reconsideration & CL ?

I wrote a letter to Citi executive review at:

CitiBank Executive Review Department
P.O. Box 6000
Sioux Falls, SD 57117

I feel I wrote a pretty good letter but curious when they respond. Anyone had any success writing in? Just curious what to look out for if they respond or if someone were to call. I have 740 Experian and was denied for too many inquiries in past 6 months. I had an app-o-rama back in September so I would have thought I'd be ok, but I'll fight until the end to get something for my hard inquiry. Chase reconsideration is a breeze by comparison. Citi apparently makes you earn it...
Old Jan 16, 12, 8:25 pm

What happened when you tried to get them to reconsider by phone?
Old Jan 16, 12, 9:33 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
I have found Citi to be a pain in the....Especially compare to Chase. I was denied for too many inquiries as well. I phoned the reconsideration line 3 times before writing the Executive Review Department. I didn't get the answer I was looking for. I have an over 740 credit score and it killed me to waste a hard inquiry. Killed me.

I hope your experience is better than mine. Best of Luck.
Old Jan 16, 12, 9:42 pm

Programs: many
Is Citi good about moving CL around?

Having both the Citi AA Visa and "amex", Citi gave me a combined 35K CL. I plan to close the fake "amex" and move the CL over to the visa. I have zero experience with Citi, is Citi easy to work with and make it no problem to do this? I dont want to call and ask them as yet until I'm ready to close the one. Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 12, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Difficult but not impossible. Usually you have to escalate several levels. The party line of the front line CSRs is, "the new law does not allow us to do this any more." Such BS but that is what you would be told when you call.
Old Jan 16, 12, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
So how do to escalate it? Should I speak to a supervisor?
Old Jan 17, 12, 5:39 am
Original Poster

I had called in a few times, and when you are denied for too many inquiries at least, they won't even talk to you unless you have your credit report and want to dispute the inquiries. I escalated to supervisor who was nice but not budging. I suggested that I was promoted to a position where I travel more (true) and applied for a few air and hotel branded cards which explained my recent inquiries. I offered to drop my current CL on my two AA cards or swap some of CL but to no avail. Just don't think Citi phone reconsideration will help if having the too many inquiries issue.

I wrote a good letter and will post after I hear back from Citi in the event the decision is reversed. I'll post either way though just for those who haven't seen one as when I searched for a template, there really was not a great one.

Will keep you posted once I hear something back.
Old Jan 27, 12, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Heard back today...They said they would like to reconsider my application but can't because I did not supply them with my credit report...I've pretty much written off my valuable credit inquiry as a loss, but I will send them my credit report and again let them know why I feel they should approve me...probably will get approved at the time of my next apporama in the late spring
Old Jan 28, 12, 7:34 pm

CITI phone rep is totally unhelpful.
They approved my Personal app with 12k CL but denied my business app saying that my current util was too high and i have a foreclosure or garnishment... (which i don't... go figure) My answer was then how did I get approved on my other app... the rep sounded like a deer in a headlight seriously. I am going to wait for my balances to go down after BoA reports my payment then write to them.

On the flipsdide, Barclays and Chase reps were quite good helpful.
Old Jan 29, 12, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by onefasteuro View Post
CITI phone rep is totally unhelpful.........
You may want to call again and speak to a different rep or a supervisor. You may get a better person who is willing to look into it in more detail. Good luck!
Old Jan 30, 12, 2:35 am

Was denied my first Citi cc because of limited time credit history. It is indeed only 8 months old but great score and history, Chase and Amex happily approved a couple of cards already for me. A couple of Citi reps said they will not even look into it if less than a year per their T&C. Should I try speaking to a supervisor or wasting my time?
Old Jan 30, 12, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by amrom View Post
Was denied my first Citi cc because of limited time credit history. It is indeed only 8 months old but great score and history, Chase and Amex happily approved a couple of cards already for me. A couple of Citi reps said they will not even look into it if less than a year per their T&C. Should I try speaking to a supervisor or wasting my time?
Just write it off and apply again in 4 months...
Old Jan 30, 12, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by newbynewbynew View Post
I wrote a letter to Citi executive review at:

CitiBank Executive Review Department
P.O. Box 6000
Sioux Falls, SD 57117
My husband also wrote the letter. He got a response...still rejected. He has an 790 credit score and his rejection was because of a delinquent Citi account in the early '90s which he paid in full. Strangely, he had a Citi card for years since then that he cancelled a couple of years ago. They said their standards have increased in the past year, which is why he is rejected now.
Old Aug 6, 12, 1:20 pm

CITI Recon

Can CITI recon not be done via telephone? I called one of the backdoor numbers found on myFico and the CSR or whatever said that the only way for recon is if I write in, or I can email the credit department if there's something wrong with my credit report. What's the number to call or email to contact for credit reconsideration?
Old Aug 6, 12, 3:06 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
Daraius of Million Mile Secrets did a good post on this last year (with contact phone number and address):

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/0...consideration/

The consensus (from other sources as well) seems to be that while Chase is great at doing recons over the phone, people have been less successful with Citi and that it's better to write them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: