Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Reimbursement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Reimbursement

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:01 pm

Has anyone tried this with an APEC travel card? I know the fee is lower, I recall $70, but this might be a good option for those of us that already have GE.

I also recently got married and had a name change. Let's see if the $25 fee for that triggers anything.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:35 pm

Citi Prestige Global Entry?

Im sorry if this has already been answered I have searched and could not find a clear cut answer. If i add my father to my account $50/year. Does he a get a global entry $100 credit or does this just apply to me the primary card holder? What are the benefits he would receive if I add him to my account for that $50/year fee?

Thank you
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:37 pm

You don't need to add him for the $100 GE re-imbursement. Once he fills out the GE app online, just use your citi prestige card to pay the $100 fee. Simple as that.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by ymarker
You don't need to add him for the $100 GE re-imbursement. Once he fills out the GE app online, just use your citi prestige card to pay the $100 fee. Simple as that.
Forgot to mention I already used the GE for me on my card. Thats why I was going to add him.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:35 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Does anyone know if they will reimburse for TSA PreCheck instead of Global Entry?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: Amex,Citi
Originally Posted by 355F1
Does anyone know if they will reimburse for TSA PreCheck instead of Global Entry?
Unlikely, but you might want to call and ask.

If you qualify for GE and ever expect to fly internationally in the next five years, it's worth it.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:36 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by ChicagoKev
Unlikely, but you might want to call and ask.

If you qualify for GE and ever expect to fly internationally in the next five years, it's worth it.
It looks like there is word on the internet they they will cover PreCheck. I'm heading home from Hong Kong tomorrow and have an appt to get PreCheck Thursday. ^

I fly internationally once a month but I can't qualify for GE, unfortunately.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by 355F1
Check post #26 of this thread.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Spouse

Originally Posted by ymarker
Sorry for the bump. This was my questions. I can pay for my spouses GE W/ my Citi card, they are just looking for the charge not the name right?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
Sorry for the bump. This was my questions. I can pay for my spouses GE W/ my Citi card, they are just looking for the charge not the name right?
Correct.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I used my credit to reimburse Precheck last December for $85.

Does anyone know if this means that I still have a $15 credit that my spouse can use toward Precheck?

Thx
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: AA ExP, AS MVP Gold, TK Gold, DL Plat
Originally Posted by Madone59
Originally Posted by bodiddely
Correct.
similar situation: I used it for myself last year and want to enroll my daughter this year. Will they reimburse GE $100 fee second year in a row? thx
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:45 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mikena
similar situation: I used it for myself last year and want to enroll my daughter this year. Will they reimburse GE $100 fee second year in a row? thx
No.

"Receive a statement credit, up to $100 every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck"
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA ExP, AS MVP Gold, TK Gold, DL Plat
Originally Posted by dw
No.

"Receive a statement credit, up to $100 every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck"
that what I thought. thx!
Old May 16, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone been able to apply the GE reimbursement towards the NEXUS fee instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.