FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Prestige Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Reimbursement (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1657852-citi-prestige-global-entry-tsa-pre-check-reimbursement.html)

nineworldseries May 18, 2016 10:15 am

Originally Posted by ChicagoKev (Post 25458836)
Unlikely, but you might want to call and ask.

If you qualify for GE and ever expect to fly internationally in the next five years, it's worth it.

100% confirmed that the $85 PreCheck fee is reimbursed (credited for me on my last statement).

MapleLeafss May 18, 2016 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp (Post 26636467)
Has anyone been able to apply the GE reimbursement towards the NEXUS fee instead?

Wondering the same thing. I think it might, because the application is processed by the same system as GE (and I think is basically identical). I'm about to apply, because Canadian citizens aren't eligible to apply for GE directly (which I don't really understand; NEXUS is only $50, but it gets you NEXUS + GE + PreCheck, AND has to be processed by two separate governments, while just normal GE + PreCheck is $100 for Americans....who could instead just apply for NEXUS if they will be passing through any major Canadian airport for the interview).

The_Wrath_of_Khan May 29, 2016 3:50 pm

The Prestige airline credits post almost instantly, is the way the GE reimbursement posts the same way or does it take all the way until he statement closes?

cheesedawg May 31, 2016 5:18 am

I called to see if/when I had used this benefit (I'm not sure if I used it on Prestige or AMEX Plat) and woman said it doesn't exist on the Prestige

I told her I'm looking at it on the terms of your website

Woman refused to listen and said I'd need to prove it to them to get any credit

I told her I'd send her a link and she could look for herself and she again refused and said I'd need to still prove it to them to get any credit, so I basically said ok thanks bye and hung up

#coolstory #uselessrep

bradpitch92 Jun 1, 2016 2:21 pm

Does an Authorized User receive the $100 benefit too?

nineworldseries Jun 1, 2016 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan (Post 26698601)
The Prestige airline credits post almost instantly, is the way the GE reimbursement posts the same way or does it take all the way until he statement closes?

Huh? My airline credits take until the statement closes to post, and everything I've heard about them reflects this. Yours post instantly somehow?

Troopers Jun 1, 2016 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by bradpitch92 (Post 26713290)

Nope, only one time credit to the account (every 5 yrs).

Originally Posted by nineworldseries (Post 26713314)
Huh? My airline credits take until the statement closes to post, and everything I've heard about them reflects this. Yours post instantly somehow?

My airline credit on AS posted at statement closing (same as GE credit).

maxp0wers Jun 2, 2016 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 26713345)
Nope, only one time credit to the account (every 5 yrs).

My airline credit on AS posted at statement closing (same as GE credit).

So if you keep the card for 5 years, and renew your global entry, Citi will reimburse you the $100 again?

MapleLeafss Jun 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss (Post 26646319)
Wondering the same thing. I think it might, because the application is processed by the same system as GE (and I think is basically identical). I'm about to apply, because Canadian citizens aren't eligible to apply for GE directly (which I don't really understand; NEXUS is only $50, but it gets you NEXUS + GE + PreCheck, AND has to be processed by two separate governments, while just normal GE + PreCheck is $100 for Americans....who could instead just apply for NEXUS if they will be passing through any major Canadian airport for the interview).

So my statement just posted and unfortunately I didn't get any reimbursement for my NEXUS fee. Oh well...

brajalle Jun 23, 2016 1:30 am

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss (Post 26816306)
So my statement just posted and unfortunately I didn't get any reimbursement for my NEXUS fee. Oh well...

While their lines are swamped with the Costco mess, have you tried calling to get it credited?

STO150 Jun 23, 2016 9:45 am

Originally Posted by bradpitch92 (Post 26713290)

To clarify some other comments. Only one reimbursement every five years, but it will cover somebody else's (Authorized User) that is paid using the card. We processed my wife's GE fee on the card last month and it was reimbursed. I am the primary card holder.

moops380 Dec 19, 2016 9:42 pm

any recent data points on how quickly the global entry fee gets reimbursed? not sure im going to keep the card after my fee hits quite soon.

Umbrella Dec 26, 2016 10:00 am

My GE credit showed up on the closing date of the statement on which the charge appeared.

PDXsb Dec 29, 2016 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Umbrella (Post 27663772)
My GE credit showed up on the closing date of the statement on which the charge appeared.

Same for me when I first got the card ~one year ago.

tatterdema Mar 16, 2017 2:56 am

TSA Pre-check reimbursement issues

Has anyone else had issues getting reimbursed for the TSA pre-check on their CITI Prestige card?

I applied and paid in Oct, and still have not been reimbursed. I emailed them, and this is the response....

"Our records show that you have the offer to receive a credit of up to
$100 for TSA/Global Entry PreCheck, once every 5 years. We have
discovered an issue with these being credited recently. We are working
on this and as soon as we have this issue fixed you will then receive a
credit. We apologize for any inconvenience. "

This was in January. How long would you wait to email them again about it?