FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Prestige Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Reimbursement (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1657852-citi-prestige-global-entry-tsa-pre-check-reimbursement.html)

sychin May 19, 2015 12:45 pm

If I have 2 cards with different card numbers, can I use it for 2 different GE applications (myself and spouse)?

N1120A May 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Does this work for NEXUS too?

optostar May 20, 2015 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 24838796)
Data point: used my Citi to pay for son's TSA last Tuesday. Credit appeared yesterday (6 days).

Data point: used my Citi AAdvantage Exec (from last year's 100k bonus) to pay for my husband's Global Entry on 4/24/2015. Credit has not appeared yet, and when I inquired, they said it would take 1-2 billing cycles. My statement closes on 5/22.

oliver2002 May 22, 2015 1:03 am

Since this topic is more related to the respective credit card forum than EM&PR, I'll move to the Citi|TY Rewards forum.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum

mia May 22, 2015 4:42 am

Moderator action

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 24853138)
Since this topic is more related to the respective credit card forum than EM&PR, I'll move to the Citi|TY Rewards forum.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum

Merged into established thread.

aglp2k May 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by N1120A (Post 24840400)
Does this work for NEXUS too?

I have the same question too.

jimindc May 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by optostar (Post 24844690)
Data point: used my Citi AAdvantage Exec (from last year's 100k bonus) to pay for my husband's Global Entry on 4/24/2015. Credit has not appeared yet, and when I inquired, they said it would take 1-2 billing cycles. My statement closes on 5/22.

Curious whether your credit has appeared yet? I paid my GE fee on 5/17, no credit yet. I was planning to cancel (or downgrade) my card after the next billing cycle, so I'm hoping the credit doesn't take forever to appear.

Nelumbo May 27, 2015 5:16 pm

I had paid my daughter's GE with Prestige and got the statement credit posted in the next statement.

optostar May 28, 2015 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by jimindc (Post 24878021)
Curious whether your credit has appeared yet? I paid my GE fee on 5/17, no credit yet. I was planning to cancel (or downgrade) my card after the next billing cycle, so I'm hoping the credit doesn't take forever to appear.

It posted exactly on 5/22, the day my statement ended. :)

I then went to an AA lounge, using the card for what I expected to be my last time, and called Citi from within the lounge to cancel the card.

...and ended up keeping the card!

These are the retention offers they gave me:

1. Statement credit of $100
5000 AA miles
$1500/month for 3 months

2. $50 statement credit for next 7 billing cycles
$1500/month for 7 months
begins 1 business day from date of acceptance of offer

I ended up keeping the card with #2, so I'll get $350 in statement credits, and by spending $1500/month x 7 months, that'll be an easy 10,500 miles too! I plan to just do it on Simon Mall GCs every month to keep it easy to keep track of.

optostar May 28, 2015 1:07 pm

I don't think the credit works for NEXUS, I got an email about the benefit and it only said Global Entry or TSA Pre Check.

I personally just finished my interview for NEXUS yesterday and started using it immediately to re-enter the US with Global Entry. It was pretty awesome since the line for customs was at least 200 people deep.

(After you do your interview for NEXUS, you can use Global Entry immediately, but you can't use NEXUS until your card arrives in the mail 7-10 days later.)

jimindc May 31, 2015 9:17 am

Originally Posted by optostar (Post 24883075)
It posted exactly on 5/22, the day my statement ended. :)

Thanks for the reply! Interesting retention offers - glad it worked out for you.

Jesperss Jul 8, 2015 12:00 am

Any new experiences?

Just got the card this month, and I have global entry from two years ago (AMEX Plat). No one to gift the credit to...any ideas what to do? Possible to reset the 5 years somehow by paying in advance (highly doubt it).

Chances are I'll be canceling this card in a year before the second fee comes due.

ChicagoKev Aug 26, 2015 4:31 pm

I doubt Citi cares if you use the credit to pay for somebody else, that's why it's only usable once every 5 years.

In my case I'd paid using a different card, a month before I applied for Prestige.

Originally Posted by Jesperss (Post 25085470)
Just got the card this month, and I have global entry from two years ago (AMEX Plat). No one to gift the credit to...any ideas what to do?

Corner a co-worker who travels a lot and said "Hey, how would you like a significant discount off the GE app fee?"

If you use a virtual account number with a $100 limit, doesn't even need to be somebody you really trust.

ChuckHH Aug 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by ChicagoKev (Post 25332669)
I doubt Citi cares if you use the credit to pay for somebody else, that's why it's only usable once every 5 years.

In my case I'd paid using a different card, a month before I applied for Prestige.

Corner a co-worker who travels a lot and said "Hey, how would you like a significant discount off the GE app fee?"

If you use a virtual account number with a $100 limit, doesn't even need to be somebody you really trust.

Well, you have to trust the person to charge it for GE not something else. :p

Pochama Aug 30, 2015 8:41 am

Just another data point: I paid the $100 Global Entry fee on 8/16 and $100 statement credit posted to my account on 8/20.