Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Reimbursement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Reimbursement

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by optostar
Has anyone tried this yet? I was planning to cancel soon...but maybe not worth it if it takes 1-2 billing cycles to show up. Although maybe it is...the prorated annual fee is $37.50 per month so if it doesn't show up for 2 months it's like getting Global Entry for $75! But hopefully it posts sooner than that.
FWIW, my Amex plat credit for precheck posted in 2 days. I doubt citi will actually take 1-2 cycles. I'd go ahead and do it.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:33 pm

Benefit is definitely real, confirmed with Citi's media department the day TPG posted and also posted. It's weird that they haven't alerted cardholders or made an official statement, but I imagine the news was leaked early and Citi were hoping to stagger their announcement on card upgrades over last week and this coming week.

I imagine most of the bigger bloggers have direct connections with the card issuers and are informed in advance of product updates, I know TPG has a good relationship with Citi as he is often at their product launch parties (I haven't been invited, just remember him posting about them).
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:14 pm

Used my Citi Exec to pay for my brother's Global Entry app. Charge posted 4/23. Still waiting on credit. I also called to confirm this benefit with Citi. I will post back once credit appears.
Old May 7, 2015, 11:33 pm

Question Push expiration date

Could I apply online, pay the fee, and schedule the interview not soon, but several weeks later?
I assume the benefit start date would be after the interview, not soon after paying the fee.
I'm not planning on flying this year, and would like the benefit to expire as later as possible.
Old May 8, 2015, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by mile8mile
Could I apply online, pay the fee, and schedule the interview not soon, but several weeks later?
I assume the benefit start date would be after the interview, not soon after paying the fee.
I'm not planning on flying this year, and would like the benefit to expire as later as possible.
Typically you apply, pay the fee, wait a week or two... then move on to scheduling an interview. There are other areas of Flyertalk that cover the process of applying and the amount of time each step takes.

If your annual fee is coming up in the next month or two it is better to do it sooner rather than later.
Old May 8, 2015, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by mile8mile
I'm personally waiting to finish my interview for NEXUS that I started a year ago. I just keep rescheduling the interview date every few months since I haven't flown to Canada in a year now. They told me the request for interview doesn't expire...
Old May 15, 2015, 7:03 pm

Does anyone know if I can use my Executive card to pay for my husband's GE application and get reimbursed? I'm not sure if reimbursement only applies to an app in the card holders name.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 16, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Yes, of course. You could pay for the Man on the Moon's application, and that would get reimbursed as well. Then you have to wait five years, which means that if you have to re-up yourself at year 3, you won't get reimbursed.
Old May 17, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
You could pay for the Man on the Moon's application, and that would get reimbursed as well.
I enjoyed this comment.

Does this work for AU cards?
Old May 18, 2015, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Yes, of course. You could pay for the Man on the Moon's application, and that would get reimbursed as well. Then you have to wait five years, which means that if you have to re-up yourself at year 3, you won't get reimbursed.
Technically the benefit is only for the primary card holder, but obviously not enforced at all. I guess GE doesn't pass back any of that data to Citi.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: AS
Got a very odd email from Citi about this. I've had the prestige since last October (got in just before the benefits change), and I just used the global entry credit on May 5. On May 16 I got an email titled "Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check application fee credit" with this content:

Another reason to use your Citi Prestige® when you travel
We're excited to let you know that your card has a new benefit to enhance your travel experience even more:

Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Application Fee Credit*
As of April 19, 2015 use your Citi Prestige® to pay the Global Entry or Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Pre-Check application fee and you'll receive a statement credit up to $100 every 5 years. Once approved by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (for Global Entry) or U.S. TSA (for TSA Pre-Check), you can bypass long lines and spend less time waiting at select airports. To apply for these programs visit:
Global Entry: globalentry.gov
TSA Pre-Check: tsa.gov

We're giving you credit for recent fees
If you've already paid the TSA Pre-Check application fee using your Citi Prestige® within 90 days of this benefit being added to the card, we'll automatically apply your statement credit — you don't need to do anything.
I'm pretty sure the credit has been part of the benefits since at least October, and probably much longer Anyone else gotten an email like this?
Old May 19, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
I think it's just to highlight that you can now use it for Pre-Check as well as Global Entry. Previously the original benefit only covered GE I believe.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Thanks and, no, the GE credit is per account not per card. Here's what the T&Cs say: "As a benefit of the Citi Prestige Card, Citi will provide one statement credit for this $100 application fee, once the fee is charged to the account. The $100 application fee credit will reset once every 5 years."
Old May 19, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Data point: used my Citi to pay for son's TSA last Tuesday. Credit appeared yesterday (6 days).
Old May 19, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by y2chen
I think it's just to highlight that you can now use it for Pre-Check as well as Global Entry. Previously the original benefit only covered GE I believe.
Correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.