Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone receive Citi PayPass Card/Sticker lately in US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Wondering if anyone has received a Citi PayPass contactless sticker or card lately?

I have a Citi AA card and have requested the PayPass sticker 4 times but have yet to get the sticker. Instead I keep getting the same standard chip card over and over again (4 cards in total on first three requests).

Have been very explicit about what I want, but CSRs and Supervisors think they are ordering the sticker but I just get another card or two. They say it hasn't been discontinued.

Supposed to get another delivery tomorrow, we shall see if it comes through.

jb
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Received stickers for Prestige cards today.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by mia
What is this about? you can Add NFC to a citi card aftermarket?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Yes, the Citi PayPass is a contactless sticker with your card info on it that you can stick on your card ---- or stick on you cell phone or whatever for payments.

I want to use it on transit, so will probably put it on my cell phone case for easy access.

This assumes they eventually send me a PayPass.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Ahh, so it does exist. Thanks for the feedback -- I can use this if I end up getting another card sans sticker from FedEx today.

jb
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:22 am
mia

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
What is this about?
Go to citicards.com > Login > Account Management > Order a Payment Tag.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Just be aware if you order online you may just get another ordinary card, not the PayPass. This is per another recent report here on Flyertalk.

jb
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by jbarm
Ahh, so it does exist. Thanks for the feedback -- I can use this if I end up getting another card sans sticker from FedEx today.

jb

Originally Posted by mia
good to know

thanks guys
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

As an update, I just received my 5th AA Citicard via FedEx today that was supposed to include a PayPass sticker.

No sticker. Nada.

Citi has a broken system for the PayPass product here in the US. Four tries, four explicit promises to send me a PayPass. Not happening.

jb
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:57 pm
mia

Originally Posted by mia
Originally Posted by jbarm
Citi has a broken system for the PayPass product here in the US. Four tries, four explicit promises to send me a PayPass. Not happening.
When I look at the online order URL from my Prestige account I see:

We are sorry, but we are unable to fulfill your request to add a Payment Tag to your current card. If you would prefer to have the Payment Tag instead of the Global Chip feature that is on your current card, please call the customer service number on the back of your card to cancel the Global Chip feature and request a Payment Tag.
This suggests that it is possible to have an EMV Chop -or- a Payment Tag, but not both on the same card account.

Elsewhere on the site it explains:

Note for PayPass sticker users:
Because your PayPass sticker is linked to your card, we will send both a new card and PayPass sticker anytime either one needs to be replaced. This is true for every user on your account, and if you are requesting a PayPass sticker you will also receive a new card. This ensures that we can keep your sticker and card synchronized. The card will have the same account number as your existing card, but the expiration date may change.
Nonetheless, the mailing that I received yesterday included both replacement cards with EMV chips and the stickers. I suppose availability may vary by card. (I have not verified that the EMV Chip or sticker actually work. )
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Update: Just got off the phone with Citi.

They do not offer a PayPass sticker with the AA Platinum Citi Card, per CSR.

Only took them 5 tries to get me that info.

Sheesh.

jb
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Cool, ordered one online, just waiting now. Taking bets on whether it will include the Paypass or just be another card without Paypass.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United Mileageplus, Delta Skymiles, Starwood Preferred
I just received my renewal Citi AAdvantage Platinum card.... I knew it was going to be a chipped card, but didn't realize just how different it was going to be.

My original AAdvantage Platinum card was set to expire at the end of March. And, I'm about to embark on a trip in a few days. So, wasn't sure when new card was going to appear, etc. Except that there was a notice when I was getting my recent statement that a card had been sent.

I guess I'll adjust to having a card with no raised numbers.... though the left edge being rough seems strange.

The other card that came with it is even more of a mystery to me....didn't seem to be any info on citi's site as to what it is, how to use it, etc. Or what keywords I should use to try to find out about it on the web. Except that it also seems to be a sticker...

Now that it brought me here....I still don't know what its for, or how to use it....or why.

But, sounds like its something to lock up until I do. In the mean time, off to figure out if I need to do anything about my card in Apple Pay....

The Dreamer.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Tried to order a Citi Premier with PayPass over the phone and ended up with an identical contact chip only card.

Called back and they placed an order for a new Contact Chip Card and a separate Contactless PayPass sticker, hopefully that's what arrives next week. Is Amex the only US issuer with a Contact/Contactless chip card?

All these new transit fare systems (Chicago, London, etc) encourage you to use contactless cards that are very hard to find in this country if you don't have ApplePay.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:46 am
mia

Originally Posted by firemandan9
... transit fare systems (Chicago, London, etc) encourage you to use contactless cards ....
In my recent experience the MasterCard Paypass issued by Citi is not compatible with London Underground or other UK Contactless terminals. The Contactless MasterCards issued by HSBC (USA) are compatible, which means the technology is available to USA issuers, but Citi has chosen not to use it (yet). Ample discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...artphones.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.