Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:20 pm

Has anyone tried to lower their CL on the HH Visa Signature below $4K lately ?

I tried a few months ago and was told $4k is the lowest you can go on a HH Signature Visa and tried on another HH Visa today and was also told $4k.

My oldest HH Visa ( from 2011) has a $2k limit but I lowered it to $2k years ago.

I finally received a AA mailer and while I don't think $11K in credit over 3 HH Visas and one Double Cash will effect IA I would rather lower my limits further but it doesn't appear that I can do so.

2 of my HH Visa cards with $4k limits are both under 6 months old so I'm hesitant to cancel.

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Has anyone tried to lower their CL on the HH Visa Signature below $4K lately ?

I tried a few months ago and was told $4k is the lowest you can go on a HH Signature Visa and tried on another HH Visa today and was also told $4k.
Policy changed months ago:

Originally Posted by beltway
In the past, I've been able to lower the CL on the no-fee Visa to $2,000 (possibly less). Today, in response to two separate requests--one on my account, one on my DW's--online CSRs asserted that the minimum CL is now $4,000. Pretty odd, especially considering that the card of mine in question is currently at $3,000.

Am I just having a bad-hair day with Citi, or is this the new normal?
Originally Posted by LWT3
New normal. I posted about this a month or two ago. My experience was the same as yours exactly. Odd, but it's just Citi being Citi.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:15 am

I would rather lower my limits further but it doesn't appear that I can do so.

2 of my HH Visa cards with $4k limits are both under 6 months old so I'm hesitant to cancel.

Thanks
Correct, $4K is now the lowest you can go on Citi Hilton cards. Can go much lower on AAdvantage cards -- I have one at $1,500.

I'm not sure I'd worry too much about cancelling a card under 6 months old. I've done it many times, and I know I'm not alone.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:12 pm

what happens to these cards after 12/31?

I assume there still hasn't been any official announcement about what happens to these cards -- moved to Amex or converted to a different Citi product. Has anyone seen anything reliable? I have one open and my wife has one open. If they will be converted to a Doublecash, I would want to keep one open. If they move to Amex or convert to something else, I'll probably close both.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume there still hasn't been any official announcement about what happens to these cards -- moved to Amex or converted to a different Citi product. Has anyone seen anything reliable?
You assumption is correct. Still just crickets from Citi. And I see no particular reason for them to announce it in August; give it a few more months. (They probably don't want to announce it until it's more formalized as to exactly what will happen.)

Rumors for some time have been that they move to Amex, but nothing at all official.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You assumption is correct. Still just crickets from Citi. And I see no particular reason for them to announce it in August; give it a few more months. (They probably don't want to announce it until it's more formalized as to exactly what will happen.)

Rumors for some time have been that they move to Amex, but nothing at all official.
Thanks, sdsearch.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:27 pm

Correct, $4K is now the lowest you can go on Citi Hilton cards. Can go much lower on AAdvantage cards -- I have one at $1,500.
Seems like this limit has changed also. I requested $1500

Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We are unable to decrease the credit limit on your AAdvantage Platinum
World Elite Master Card account to the amount you requested because the
minimum credit limit for this account is $2000.00. You may decrease your
credit limit to $2000.00. We must inform you that if we complete this
process, your account may not be eligible for a higher credit limit for
six months.

If you are still interested, please notify us by replying to this
message.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to
contact us.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:00 pm

Seems like this limit has changed also. I requested $1500

Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We are unable to decrease the credit limit on your AAdvantage Platinum
World Elite Master Card account to the amount you requested because the
minimum credit limit for this account is $2000.00. You may decrease your
credit limit to $2000.00. We must inform you that if we complete this
process, your account may not be eligible for a higher credit limit for
six months.

If you are still interested, please notify us by replying to this
message.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to
contact us.
I checked to see how old my card was. Opened 12/30/16. So the change must have been fairly recent.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:54 am

just got my 50k, one month delay!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:07 pm

Another statement ended for me, and I'm still waiting for the 40k points from my signup bonus that should have been awarded last month.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:27 pm

Husband received 50K a couple of days after statement posted (his third card overall). My statement posts later this month, hopefully my 40K will post without any delay as well (this is my 5th card). It was good while it lasted!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bswiz
Completed a PC to the Costco Visa with no problem! Should have the new card in late August according to the agent on the phone.
Well, the date I was supposed to receive my Costco Visa (PC from Hilton) has come and gone. I just got off the phone with Citi who now says that effective June 1, they have an agreement with Hilton that does not allow product changes.

So despite having a confirmation that my PC would happen, looks like it's not going to. Probably just cancel the Hilton Visa outright now.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hi-guy
Converted mine to the Costco card today. Rep said the new card including new Ts & Cs would ship within 10 business days and that I have until Sep 30 to change my mind. After that, the conversion will be permanent.
Did you actually receive your Costco card? See my message above - I was expecting to get the Costco card and Citi just told me it ain't gonna happen (after previously receiving confirmation it would).
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Well, the date I was supposed to receive my Costco Visa (PC from Hilton) has come and gone. I just got off the phone with Citi who now says that effective June 1, they have an agreement with Hilton that does not allow product changes.

So despite having a confirmation that my PC would happen, looks like it's not going to. Probably just cancel the Hilton Visa outright now.
I don't have any confirmation of whatever agreement they made with Hilton,but I can tell you that the 6/1 date is inaccurate. I did a PC to a Double Cash card in late July with no problem.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:25 pm

Did you actually receive your Costco card? See my message above - I was expecting to get the Costco card and Citi just told me it ain't gonna happen (after previously receiving confirmation it would).
Originally Posted by hi-guy
Converted mine to the Costco card today. Rep said the new card including new Ts & Cs would ship within 10 business days and that I have until Sep 30 to change my mind. After that, the conversion will be permanent.
Either the rep misspoke or I misinterpreted what she said. I have not received the card yet, but I did receive a letter mid-August stating "Your account change has been scheduled" which described the changes, interest rates and fees, and included the new Card Agreement Guide. The letter states the change will take effect on September 30, so I figured I'd just wait it out. If I haven't received the card two weeks from the 30th, I'll give them a shout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.