Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Got denied the 40k no 24mo link this month and the 75k one in November... not sure what gives?! Those are the only Citi cards I've applied for recently, so it's not citi app rules. For Hilton cards I have 2 no AF and 1 Reserve open. Several other Citi cards open but that's never been a problem before. I have high inquiries but they used to always approve me no questions asked. Getting discouraged
It feels to me like there has been a shift at Citi with them becoming a little more restrictive. Some people can still do one card every 31 days (8/65), some can only get away with one every 61 days. I used to get approved automatically every time, and most recently they have asked me to send them proof of my income. Some people seem to be having more of a problem with a high number of inquiries within the prior 6 months than they had in the past. In your case, I would close some of the Citi cards you aren't using anymore, and of course, I would reduce credit limits on the rest. Then try applying again in ~61 days. It's possible that Citi's algorithms don't like something about you anymore. All you can do is try to change a few variables and hope for the best.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:52 am

I'm hoping for a new 75k link within the next 2 weeks since I have a Reserve card that needs canceling. 24mo doesn't matter as we're at 24 months (+2 weeks) since any Hilton cards from Citi.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
I'm hoping for a new 75k link within the next 2 weeks since I have a Reserve card that needs canceling. 24mo doesn't matter as we're at 24 months (+2 weeks) since any Hilton cards from Citi.
Will you pull the trigger on a 40K offer if a 75K doesn't materialize? You might as well get something as you reset your 24 month clock, right?
Old May 11, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
As long as you apply before you cancel your current Reserve card, you should apply for another Reserve card. Don't think Citi cares if you have 2 of the same type card.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:56 am

can anyone still see the HHilton card offer under pre-qualified offers, i cannot see the card anymore for any of our family members, just wondering if anyone can still see it.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3
Will you pull the trigger on a 40K offer if a 75K doesn't materialize? You might as well get something as you reset your 24 month clock, right?
Yes, we'll apply for whatever the best offer is since 24mo doesn't apply to Citi Hilton cards for us right now.

Originally Posted by deant
As long as you apply before you cancel your current Reserve card, you should apply for another Reserve card. Don't think Citi cares if you have 2 of the same type card.
We're moving this summer and my wife needs knee surgery so our usual summer 4 week overseas trip isn't happening this year and we won't get to use the free nights in time.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:07 pm

Anyone have any luck getting matched to a higher offer from the no 24 month language 40k link? Thanks!
Old May 16, 2017, 6:01 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread title has been edited to clarify that this thread discusses the free (no annual fee) Citi Honors card. Recent discussion of the Reserve ($95 fee) product has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...erve-card.html
Old May 17, 2017, 3:39 pm

data point - the 40,000 points just posted - my 8th citi card - first one in ~18 months. Was NOT auto approved, 3 days later got an email saying I was approved.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:12 pm

In the past, I've been able to lower the CL on the no-fee Visa to $2,000 (possibly less). Today, in response to two separate requests--one on my account, one on my DW's--online CSRs asserted that the minimum CL is now $4,000. Pretty odd, especially considering that the card of mine in question is currently at $3,000.

Am I just having a bad-hair day with Citi, or is this the new normal?
Old May 19, 2017, 1:46 pm

I have a card at $1k and another at $2k. My wife has a card at $4k. Every time I try to have them lower it the chat agent pastes the error message from the system and it always states that "the minimum trade line for this account is $X" and cannot be lowered any more. Sometimes the same thing has happened with my AA cards too. I'll always first lower the cahs line to as low as possible and then wait a few days before lowering the CL. But it doesn't seem to matter anymore.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Am I just having a bad-hair day with Citi, or is this the new normal?
New normal. I posted about this a month or two ago. My experience was the same as yours exactly. Odd, but it's just Citi being Citi.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:51 pm

With the new 24 month rule I cancel my HH Visa ( except my oldest one) as soon as I am approved for a new card.

I don''t see a need to drop to $2k (or even less) anymore as I no longer have 15 plus Citi cards open at the same time.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:52 pm

Went to apply for link B (60k, 24mo) and it looks like it's dead. Does anyone have a working 60k link?
Old May 22, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Thumbs down

Hi everyone. question for anyone who may be able to help: Last applied for the free HH visa on 3/4/15. It is the only one I had open, but received an email today saying they closed it for inactivity. Any chance I could get away with applying for either the same or the Reserve today and their system missing it was just closed...? Any help is appreciated

I hate that this is reset my clock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.