Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by LWT3
Curious if any of the experts think they can turn Travel Photographer's offer into a usable link. I'm ready to apply again, so if the answer is 'no' I'll just go for the 40K point offer. If yes, I'll hold off a while.
The 40k link doesn't seem to have language about same family bonus or 24 month if I'm reading it right. 40k for a hard pull isn't that great, but if no churnable citi aa link shows up soon, I may have to run our churn team through a round of 40k links.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
The 40k link doesn't seem to have language about same family bonus or 24 month if I'm reading it right. 40k for a hard pull isn't that great, but if no churnable citi aa link shows up soon, I may have to run our churn team through a round of 40k links.
That's where I'm at. If there's something churnable, I would feel like I'm leaving money on the table if I don't apply. I still prefer AA miles to HH points, but HH points are available here and now, and it's hard to know when the next AA link without the 24 month restriction will appear.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Weird. I have one at $2k and one at $1k Maybe give it a day for the cash line to go through?
I tried again. Same result -- was told via chat that $4K is the lowest I can go. I've had lower limits in the past on the same exact card. No big deal. I only pursued it as far as I did out of curiosity.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:16 am

They've also told me that $4,000 is now the minimum. I used to drop my CL to $1k previously.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by mikex163
They've also told me that $4,000 is now the minimum. I used to drop my CL to $1k previously.
Thanks. I wonder if that will apply to everyone going forward. We'll see. I just applied and got approved with a really high limit.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:40 am

Probably had a bunch of people lowering cards to $2k shortly after completing spending and they got worried? I don't know, this is Citi after all.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
I tried again. Same result -- was told via chat that $4K is the lowest I can go. I've had lower limits in the past on the same exact card. No big deal. I only pursued it as far as I did out of curiosity.
I have a few Hilton HHonors Visa Cards. The Visa Golds can have a lower limit than the Visa Signatures.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I wonder if that will apply to everyone going forward. We'll see. I just applied and got approved with a really high limit.
In that case, you shouldn't worry. What is important is how much credit limit you free up by reducing it, and that's difference between what they initially gave you and what you reduce it to. The actual amount you reduce it to is not as important as the amount by which you reduce it.

So if someone only got $5k credit limit, if they can only reduce that to $4k, that's bad news, because they're only free'ing up $1k. But if someone got a $15k limit, they're still able to reduce it to $4k, they're free'ing up $11k, which is pretty significant.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
In that case, you shouldn't worry. What is important is how much credit limit you free up by reducing it, and that's difference between what they initially gave you and what you reduce it to. The actual amount you reduce it to is not as important as the amount by which you reduce it.

So if someone only got $5k credit limit, if they can only reduce that to $4k, that's bad news, because they're only free'ing up $1k. But if someone got a $15k limit, they're still able to reduce it to $4k, they're free'ing up $11k, which is pretty significant.
Good point.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:40 pm

Sm to match 75 k?

Similar to the aadvantage sm to match to 60k, can we apply for 40k and sm to request a match to 75k?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by wyogold
Similar to the aadvantage sm to match to 60k, can we apply for 40k and sm to request a match to 75k?
Have you read what has been posted for the last 6 days?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by deant
Have you read what has been posted for the last 6 days?
I read the wiki, which is usually the go-to place, nothing there, so I asked.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:53 am

I read the wiki, which is usually the go-to place, nothing there, so I asked.
See posts 1295 and 1298.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:48 pm

I have had no luck. I sent several online messages (I have had great success with AAdvantage cards) and each time was told I would only be matched if I was targetted, but that no match to a public offer was available. I'd have probably skipped the 40k offer had I realized I couldn't match. Days after applying the AA 50k no-24 offers came out so I was only able to get one because of this card!

Originally Posted by ninim2200
They never matched 40k to 75k in my case.
I never tried this but may be 40k to 50k or 60k instead of 75k would have a better shot since the spending on all of these cards is the same (1k spending)
Maybe worth a try. I even escalated my request to a supervisor on the phone after being denied 3 times via SM. A week later I received a letter in the mail saying the same things that the SM said.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
a. got 75Kpt mailed invitation few weeks back with no 24mo rule in T&C;
b. applied online, approved Mar22 after calling as requested;
(asked & got cred lim dropped from 30K to 10K)
c. oddly, another 75K mailed invitation arrived several days later;
[don't know if invitation code is same as (a)]
d. got new cc in mail today Mar30 from (a)+(b);

Now wondering, since (c) also has no 24mo rule T&C & >7 days since (b),
can I go for another 75Kpts bonus cc with REASONABLE
expectation of approval???!!! Would expect request to call after
applying online & I'd explain I want to separate personal from business
or investment expenses. Comments sought. Others done this? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.