Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:10 am

I received my 10k bonus today (2/15/17). I don't see the activity noted in my Honors online account, but my point balance jumped by exactly 10k from yesterday, so I assume I received the bonus. I didn't have any other activity and it is exactly 10k.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by kayexalate
I received my 10k bonus today (2/15/17). I don't see the activity noted in my Honors online account, but my point balance jumped by exactly 10k from yesterday, so I assume I received the bonus. I didn't have any other activity and it is exactly 10k.
Hilton typically adds the line item a day or two after a new deposit is reflected in your total. Weird, but consistent.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:09 pm

Thanks but I am looking for a application that still includes the $100 Statement Credit. The landing page is still on citi's website so I am wanting to know if the offer of the two free weekend nights PLUS the $100 statement credit is still valid?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I have the reserve card open and its been over two years. I was going to apply for a new card. Do I need to meet the initial spend for the bonus before I close the old card or do I just need to get approved for the new card before I close the old card? How long do I have to cancel and still get the AF refunded?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Red259
I have the reserve card open and its been over two years. I was going to apply for a new card. Do I need to meet the initial spend for the bonus before I close the old card or do I just need to get approved for the new card before I close the old card? How long do I have to cancel and still get the AF refunded?
No

37 days from when the AF posted to the account.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:26 pm

FYI - the Hilton Honors site has a link to a 75k offer. I know there's already one in the wiki but this isn't targeted - https://citicards.citi.com/usc/Hilto...D32D62554644C6

It does have 24 month language, of course.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:43 am

Minimum credit limit on Hilton cards?

What is the minimum CL you can have on the Citi HH card? For those who lower their limits on Citi cards regularly, what do you lower this one to? In the past I've lowered it to $2,000, but on my latest card I've asked twice to do that and have been told the minimum I can lower it to is $4,000.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3
What is the minimum CL you can have on the Citi HH card? For those who lower their limits on Citi cards regularly, what do you lower this one to? In the past I've lowered it to $2,000, but on my latest card I've asked twice to do that and have been told the minimum I can lower it to is $4,000.
$4,000 is what i was able to get as well.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:17 pm

I have one at $1,000 and another at $2,000. Make sure you lower cash line first, that has prevented me from lowing the limit to $2,000 in the past.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
I have one at $1,000 and another at $2,000. Make sure you lower cash line first, that has prevented me from lowing the limit to $2,000 in the past.
Thanks. I'll give that a shot. Odd that the AA card can be lowered to $2K without any extra steps but the HH card can't.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:06 pm

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. Odd that the AA card can be lowered to $2K without any extra steps but the HH card can't.
Depends on the initial CL. Usually the cash line is a percentage of your CL. So on a high CL card your cash line should be higher which would prevent the CL being lowered below that higher cash line. I always do the chat to lower the cash line and then the next day I lower the CL. Too many times I've tried first lowering the CL and it wouldn't work and then I'd have to then lower cash line anyways.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Depends on the initial CL. Usually the cash line is a percentage of your CL. So on a high CL card your cash line should be higher which would prevent the CL being lowered below that higher cash line. I always do the chat to lower the cash line and then the next day I lower the CL. Too many times I've tried first lowering the CL and it wouldn't work and then I'd have to then lower cash line anyways.
Thanks. I'll just have to get in the habit of reducing the cash advance limit first. Live and learn.

The SM exchange was sort of funny. I sent an SM saying, "Hello, please lower my cash advance limit on my account ending in xxxx to the minimum level allowed. Thank you."

I think the lack of specificity in my request threw off the form language in their auto-response. They responded with:

Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We are unable to decrease the cash advance limit on your account to the
amount you requested because the minimum cash advance limit for this
account is (variable = minimum credit limit). You may decrease your
cash advance limit to (4000 = minimum credit limit). If you do so, we
will not be able to reinstate your cash advance limit.
If you are interested in lowering your cash advance limit, please
contact us.

Last edited by LWT3; Mar 20, 2017 at 7:58 am
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:15 am

Haha, that's why I always do the chat. Quick and easy and no SM message tag. I always just do $750 for all Citi cards since I know that works and is below the lowest CL they will allow too.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:18 pm

This is annoying. My cash advance limit is now zero, but Citi insists that they can't lower the credit limit below $4,000. I replied asking that they double-check. They insist that isn't possible.

Dear LWT3

We are showing your credit limit is at the lowest possible on this card,
we are unable to lower it from $4000 to $2000.00.

My reply: Please double-check that. My cash advance limit is now zero. That should allow you to lower the credit limit below $4,000. My friend was able to reduce his limit to $2,000 as of a week ago.

Dear LWT3:

We appreciate your inquiry and regret any inconvenience you may have
experienced.

We are unable to process your request as the minimum credit limit for a
Hilton Signature Visa account is $4,000.00. Your cash advance line is
at $0.00 which is a minimum for your account.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:33 pm

OK, I moved from SM to chat. The guy on chat said he would lower the limit for me. Then he came back with,

I got this message from my end "This product cannot be
decreased below $ 4000".
Seems very strange. Oh, well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.