Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
5NF is always better than AXON+1, without exception.

Yep; see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ch-2015-a.html
What about on those properties that have seasonal pricing falling in a range? Though I RARELY see lower end of the prince range on them.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
What about on those properties that have seasonal pricing falling in a range? Though I RARELY see lower end of the prince range on them.
See discussion at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post16556311. You can even run comparisons using the handy Excel spreadsheet (w/drop-down menus).
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:31 pm

Just applied and got approved for the 60k version. What's weird was I was approved for only a $3k credit limit. I don't think I've had a credit card with such a low limit since I was in college. Oh well, as long as its high enough to hit the min spend that's all that's important I guess.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I have the exact dates at home but I would guess about 2 1/2 years
Wow that is roughly 1 every month and a half. I would never imagine that was doable. As long the Citi's churning rules do not change here in the near future, I guess i will be going for my 7th in a couple of days and my 8th in about two months. I need to get the wife on the bandwagon as well.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:33 am

Thanks guys. Looks like the Conrad BKK is only 24k points/night with the 5th night free option. And my wife is Gold so we'd get breakfast every day as well. I have tons of HHonors points but she doesn't, is there any way for me to book the night with my points and still get the Gold benefits? I think it only applies to the status of whoever makes the booking. And there's no way to move points between accounts without paying fees.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
5NF is always better than AXON+1, without exception.

Yep; see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ch-2015-a.html
Thanks for the link. Based on past experience, you just saved me 2 hours of searching.

Last edited by Brugge; Apr 7, 2015 at 4:25 pm
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:46 pm

I've decided to be the guinea pig and opened one of the 60k cards. I'm in no hurry to churn really and the offer on Citi's page was for only for 40k.

Is the unanswered question then, can I (having used the 60k link) now open a 50k (if I can find that link) once I have my 60k posted to my account?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by jlt19
I've decided to be the guinea pig and opened one of the 60k cards. I'm in no hurry to churn really and the offer on Citi's page was for only for 40k.

Is the unanswered question then, can I (having used the 60k link) now open a 50k (if I can find that link) once I have my 60k posted to my account?
The 50K link is in the wiki for this thread. And yes, it is entirely possible to churn the 50K card after applying for the 60K; you don't even need to wait for the 60K to post.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by jlt19

You should be in a hurry.............chances are the constant Hilton churn days are numbered as we only have one link that makes churning possible. When that link is gone so is the churn.

If you haven't had any other CITI cards recently you can apply for the 50K card 8 days after you apply for the 60K card although I personally never cut it that close.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
Thanks guys. Looks like the Conrad BKK is only 24k points/night with the 5th night free option. And my wife is Gold so we'd get breakfast every day as well. I have tons of HHonors points but she doesn't, is there any way for me to book the night with my points and still get the Gold benefits? I think it only applies to the status of whoever makes the booking. And there's no way to move points between accounts without paying fees.
Unfortunately you understand it correctly. The benefits are only extended to the eligible members whose accounts are used to make the reservation.

Get yourself a Reserve or a Surpass then you would be instant Gold.

Conrad BKK brekkie can be taken in the restaurant - a very extensive spread. Lounge evening offerings can easily be a meal. They treat Golds well. In fact most international properties treat Golds well. Only the domestic properties are sticklers to the rules but one cannot blame the properties as they see a whole lot more Golds than overseas properties.

Alternatively, check the Fast Track to Gold thread in HH forum to see if you could utilize it.

Conrad is several levels above 4P. The pool area is a lovely garden setting. While location is not in the center of things, hotel has a regular shuttle to the light rail station. Though we often just walked, leisurely to the main shopping center - can be done from either direction of the street where Conrad is located. Embassies on both sides of the hotel by the way. The Gold benefits alone make it the choice for us.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 7, 2015 at 5:44 pm
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:55 pm

Unfortunately you understand it correctly. The benefits are only extended to the eligible members whose accounts are used to make the reservation.

Get yourself a Reserve or a Surpass then you would be instant Gold.

Conrad BKK brekkie can be taken in the restaurant - a very extensive spread. Lounge evening offerings can easily be a meal. They treat Golds well. In fact most international properties treat Golds well. Only the domestic properties are sticklers to the rules but one cannot blame the properties as they see a whole lot more Golds than overseas properties.

Alternatively, check the Fast Track to Gold thread in HH forum to see if you could utilize it.

Conrad is several levels above 4P. The pool area is a lovely garden setting. While location is not in the center of things, hotel has a regular shuttle to the light rail station. Though we often just walked, leisurely to the main shopping center - can be done from either direction of the street where Conrad is located. Embassies on both sides of the hotel by the way. The Gold benefits alone make it the choice for us.
We don't have any trips before this 3 week summer SE Asian trip, so I wouldn't be able to do the Fast Track for my account. Wife is using her Reserve certs for HK Conrad already since it's so expensive. She already has the Amex $0 AF card, so that leaves a Surpass card and more Citi HHonors cards. Though, we need more AAdvantage miles for her and I'm guessing Citi will reduce their signup bonus soon now that they don't have any competition from Barclays anymore. Of course, the flights are already paid for, so we won't need more AAdvantage miles till after summer, and we'll need hotel points for this summer's trip. Decisions...
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
We don't have any trips before this 3 week summer SE Asian trip, so I wouldn't be able to do the Fast Track for my account. Wife is using her Reserve certs for HK Conrad already since it's so expensive. She already has the Amex $0 AF card, so that leaves a Surpass card and more Citi HHonors cards. Though, we need more AAdvantage miles for her and I'm guessing Citi will reduce their signup bonus soon now that they don't have any competition from Barclays anymore. Of course, the flights are already paid for, so we won't need more AAdvantage miles till after summer, and we'll need hotel points for this summer's trip. Decisions...
What does that have anything to do with your wife's cards? The HHonors booking would be from your account and you dont have Gold status, isn't this your situation? So the person who needs another HHonors card that confers Gold status is YOU, not your wife.

Seriously doubt Citi would lower the 50K AA bonus - it has been hovering between 40 to 50K over the past 5 years when Barclays was not even in the picture.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
What does that have anything to do with your wife's cards? The HHonors booking would be from your account and you dont have Gold status, isn't this your situation? So the person who needs another HHonors card that confers Gold status is YOU, not your wife.

Seriously doubt Citi would lower the 50K AA bonus - it has been hovering between 40 to 50K over the past 5 years when Barclays was not even in the picture.
Very much agreed on the 50K bonuses. As we know, there aren't the regular, churnable 75K bonuses from AA that we saw several years ago, but the industry standard seems to be 50K right now--the financial partners for Southwest, UA, BA, DL, and AA have all had these cards, even if not at the consistent 50K AA/Citi level.

As the banking and airline industries get stronger, there may be some pressure downwards on bonuses, but that's a mid-term issue rather than a short-term issue. The merger of the AA/US FF programs with Barclays no longer offering new bonuses will not affect what AA does. The competition will come from Amex and Chase with BOA and USBank available but unlikely options to increase competition and keep bonuses up.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Very much agreed on the 50K bonuses. As we know, there aren't the regular, churnable 75K bonuses from AA that we saw several years ago, but the industry standard seems to be 50K right now--the financial partners for Southwest, UA, BA, DL, and AA have all had these cards, even if not at the consistent 50K AA/Citi level.

As the banking and airline industries get stronger, there may be some pressure downwards on bonuses, but that's a mid-term issue rather than a short-term issue. The merger of the AA/US FF programs with Barclays no longer offering new bonuses will not affect what AA does. The competition will come from Amex and Chase with BOA and USBank available but unlikely options to increase competition and keep bonuses up.
Well said. My only wish is to see BofA's AS card has a better bonus as AS mile is arguably the most valuable currency in my book. Though with the willingness of BofA to let you have multiple cards a few times a year, and the statement credit on the personal card upon meeting spend, the AS card is BETTER than any miles card out there on a Net basis. US Bank is hopeless just look at the 50% devaluation of Club Carson program, WORSE than HHonors 2-times devaluations. (as maligned as HHonors, there are some gems in the program and the P+M is real value when it is available.)
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Just applied and got approved for the 60k version. What's weird was I was approved for only a $3k credit limit. I don't think I've had a credit card with such a low limit since I was in college. Oh well, as long as its high enough to hit the min spend that's all that's important I guess.
Exact same situation here. I've mostly been churning Exec cards, and I've been getting approved for $30K every time, but I just applied for my 4th HHonors card and was approved for only $3K. As you said, that's still sufficient to hit the minimum spend, but I'm surprised by the drop. Must have been caused by my Amex Biz Gold application about 10 days prior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.