Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chenalex
I booked a club room, higher rate and has breakfast still.
Yes, at big chain hotels that works. Paris Le Meurice doesn't have a "club level".
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
awesome! Thanks for the reply. Just had a question though, could I just file the BRG myself once the booking has been made instead of having them do it? Thanks
My first experience involved asking Concierge to book the hotel, then I filed the BRG claim myself. The Concierge team said they would extend the 4th night free benefit as a one-time courtesy, but recommended that I go through them with any future booking changes (including BRG claim). Hence, the quoted response in my previous post. This involved quite a bit of emailing back-and-forth to sort things out.

My second BRG claim went through Concierge directly. I asked the Concierge staff to first book a SPG hotel, and then asked the same agent to file the BRG claim on my behalf. This was all done within the same phone call with the same agent.

With my experience in mind, I would personally go through Concierge for the entire process including both the booking and the BRG claim; just so I can be sure both the Concierge (who processes the credit) and I are on the same page. This might also save some hassles when it comes time to actually getting the 4th night credit.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: All of em...
Searched the thread and didn't see it but does anyone know if you can book Lifestyles Resort All-Inclusive in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic via Cheap Caribbean dot com with the Citi Prestige 4th night? You book that hotel through Cheap Caribbean so I don't know if it would work since it's not the direct hotel's site?!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Searched the thread and didn't see it but does anyone know if you can book Lifestyles Resort All-Inclusive in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic via Cheap Caribbean dot com with the Citi Prestige 4th night? You book that hotel through Cheap Caribbean so I don't know if it would work since it's not the direct hotel's site?!
Citi does not book through third parties.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I use [email protected]

It's just the email they've used to send me confirmations. These days, I just do it all via email from the get go. Take a few back and forths, but pretty painless.
I've just used this email address to ask whether a property not listed on the CW website was bookable, and I received a reply within half an hour (and it was a yes).

Maybe it's the time of day, but this is really good.

Edited to add question:

If I book nights 1 through 4 and 6 through 9 with Aspire, and night 5 with the hotel directly, would my 2 Aspire rez be considered not back to back?
Or considering they check with the hotel directly, they'll invalidate the second refund?

Thanks all!

Last edited by Benjh; Feb 21, 2017 at 7:33 am
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, ANA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Just tried to use this benefit for the first time and didn't have any luck.

Wanted to book four nights at the Four Seasons Serengeti, but was denied because they said the hotel insists on a credit card authorization form, which the travel agent is not allowed to submit. Tried the hang-up-call-again approach and got the same answer.

Anyone know of a workaround to get the 4th night free? The hotel is available on Amex FHR and Virtuoso, so I wonder how they get around the authorization form requirement.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:17 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by DrSbaitso
Just tried to use this benefit for the first time and didn't have any luck.

Wanted to book four nights at the Four Seasons Serengeti, but was denied because they said the hotel insists on a credit card authorization form, which the travel agent is not allowed to submit. Tried the hang-up-call-again approach and got the same answer.

Anyone know of a workaround to get the 4th night free? The hotel is available on Amex FHR and Virtuoso, so I wonder how they get around the authorization form requirement.
Hmmm... I've been able to book a couple hotels that required a CC authorization form... Citi makes the reservation and then I send in the form. Maybe reach out to the hotel directly? Now the other issue you might run into is that this might be technically considered a safari camp....

FDW
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Starwood/SPG questions

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Is it still the case that booking with the Citi Prestige card gets you Starwood points and status perks? In searching through parts of this thread, the last confirmation of this I found was from two years ago.

Thanks for any help with this.
Just bumping this with my original and additional SPG questions:

1. From further perusing the thread, it looks good to get the points and perks, but I wanted to double check since I'm especially interested in getting the nights credits toward status. Any updates on getting nights credits?
2. I'm specifically looking at a rate at spg.com that is prepaid, includes breakfast and is slightly discounted due to being an SPG member. Any problems with any of these aspects of the prospective booking?

Thanks for any help!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Just bumping this with my original and additional SPG questions:

1. From further perusing the thread, it looks good to get the points and perks, but I wanted to double check since I'm especially interested in getting the nights credits toward status. Any updates on getting nights credits?
2. I'm specifically looking at a rate at spg.com that is prepaid, includes breakfast and is slightly discounted due to being an SPG member. Any problems with any of these aspects of the prospective booking?

Thanks for any help!
1. If you are referring to making an SPG booking through Citi Concierge, then yes, you will earn SPG nights and points credits. And, you will get to enjoy SPG elite benefits. Basically, it is like asking Citi Concierge to book the room directly with the hotel on your behalf.

2. There have been a few reports that Citi Concierge won't book rates that include breakfast with the 4th night free benefit since the benefit supposedly only applies to room rates. But, you can definitely call and ask.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nesnith
1. If you are referring to making an SPG booking through Citi Concierge, then yes, you will earn SPG nights and points credits. And, you will get to enjoy SPG elite benefits. Basically, it is like asking Citi Concierge to book the room directly with the hotel on your behalf.

2. There have been a few reports that Citi Concierge won't book rates that include breakfast with the 4th night free benefit since the benefit supposedly only applies to room rates. But, you can definitely call and ask.
Great. Thanks for the quick and useful reply!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by nesnith
.....2. There have been a few reports that Citi Concierge won't book rates that include breakfast with the 4th night free benefit since the benefit supposedly only applies to room rates. But, you can definitely call and ask.
If they give you any pushback, just hang up and call again. There is a lot of leeway in what the concierges are willing to do, and if you get a good one, they will book you almost anything you want on 4th night free.

I just got my second 4th night reimbursement of the year, and this one was fast; 8 days after check-out (my January stay took 30 days). My January stay was at a Marriott stacked with the 2x MegaBonus so yes, you definitely do get all of the points from the brand as well.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I know if I book a post paid marriot stay I earn points. Do I earn points on a prepaid stay? I know if I book it through the thankyou rewards portal I do not.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ellinj
I know if I book a post paid marriot stay I earn points. Do I earn points on a prepaid stay?
Yes.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
If they give you any pushback, just hang up and call again. There is a lot of leeway in what the concierges are willing to do, and if you get a good one, they will book you almost anything you want on 4th night free.
Totally! The classic HUCA trick.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by ellinj
I know if I book a post paid marriot stay I earn points. Do I earn points on a prepaid stay? I know if I book it through the thankyou rewards portal I do not.
You get everything, as long as you go through the concierge. Points. Benefits. Even promotions (Such as the SPG Buy 2 Stay 3 which combined with the fourth night free makes it Buy 2 Stay 4).

And if it's a prepaid rate, you get your refund much quicker. In January, I booked two 4 night pre-paid stays (back to back but different properties) for Boracay in April. I already got the credits for both properties on my Feb statement, two months before my stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.