Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:28 am

I don't have the Prestige but I have been thinking about getting it for this perk alone. I have a membership to an all inclusive resort in Mexico where you simply call up, provide your membership number and make your booking. Does anyone have any idea if making bookings this way would also count towards the 4th night free?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by Nhwhtrshlax
I don't have the Prestige but I have been thinking about getting it for this perk alone. I have a membership to an all inclusive resort in Mexico where you simply call up, provide your membership number and make your booking. Does anyone have any idea if making bookings this way would also count towards the 4th night free?
I highly doubt this will work, because it's likely not commissionable. You could call the concierge though, and mention you are thinking about getting the card if the 4th night free benefit would apply to this resort.

1-800-508-8930
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: Amex,Citi
Thumbs up Your Citi Prestige 4th Night Credit is on its Way

I see that Citi has shortened the time for the credit to appear and has started to send emails with the subject "Your Citi Prestige 4th Night Credit is on its Way" if the credit takes more than a couple of weeks to go through.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joachimm
I highly doubt this will work, because it's likely not commissionable. You could call the concierge though, and mention you are thinking about getting the card if the 4th night free benefit would apply to this resort.

1-800-508-8930
Whether a rate is commisionable or not has not bearing on 4th night benefit. They are booking and paying out on corporate negotiated rates.

However they are declining to book Mlife elite status rates for MLife hotels.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:45 pm

They already refunded one night stay credit on my hotel booking for May.
It was a non-refundable hotel rate.
Only took about a week between booking and one night refund.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
It seems like I read a while back that you could book a new reservation via email, instead of the 15 minute phone call, but I can't find that post. If so, can someone post what email address to use?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:04 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by swag
... email, instead of the 15 minute phone call, but I can't find that post.
HERE is one: [email protected]
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:31 pm

Not sure if this has been posted.
There is a direct number that u can call as well.
561-922-0158
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: JAL Sapphire, Cathay Pacific Silver, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond,
Hi everyone,

I recently used the citi concierge to book a stay at a Hilton property. Later I found a lower price on expedia, would it be possible to do a price match? Should I contact the concierge to do the price or is it something I can do myself?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by ReiWong
Hi everyone,

I recently used the citi concierge to book a stay at a Hilton property. Later I found a lower price on expedia, would it be possible to do a price match? Should I contact the concierge to do the price or is it something I can do myself?

Thanks in advance!
You will need to check the Hilton price match policy first. If you are eligible to file a price match claim, you may then contact Concierge and ask them to do the price match on your behalf.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by mia
Thanks!

I emailed 8 am Friday 3/10 morning, got a very quick auto-reply with a case number "Thank you for using Citi Prestige Concierge. It was very nice to receive your email. We will respond with a confirmation for your hotel stay by March 12 2017 by 7pm."

Friday at 5 pm, I got a confirmation email from Marriott.

The confirmation from Citi finally came 5 am Monday (3/13).

So a tad slower than promised, but way quicker and easier than the usual 15 minute phone call.

Updating the wiki...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Hmm... I got my hopes up and tried the e-mail specifying everything: hotel, guests, date, and the prepaid rate. And, I asked them to confirm once booked.

I got a reply that they were researching some rates and to please allow them 24-48hrs before they send me some recommendations.

And, that was 47.5hrs ago.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by 7Lowe
And, that was 47.5hrs ago.
In my experience, sending the email really just made the phone call a little bit smoother. I sent everything the rep needed, including the exact wording on the room/rate I wanted, but when I called, he still wanted to confirm everything. It helps a little bit, but I still have to call, especially because they can take 24-48 hours to work on it.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver
At about hour 50 I sent an e-mail asking for an update. No response until about hour 69 when I finally got the confirmation e-mail (from Citi, still none from Marriott though it shows up in my account).
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by 7Lowe
At about hour 50 I sent an e-mail asking for an update. No response until about hour 69 when I finally got the confirmation e-mail (from Citi, still none from Marriott though it shows up in my account).
you may never get a confirmation email from marriott - IME, some of the agents put-in a concierge email address on the confirmation and, thus, the confirmation goes to them... you can check if this is the case when you pull-up the reservation (and you can have a copy emailed to you).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.